Toast Welcome to Freo - Sebit Kuek - Pick 15 2022 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on assessment, needs to continue to build up muscle otherwise defenders like May/Andrews etc will just block his run at the ball or rag doll him
If he keeps improving he has the raw ability to make it in 2024, is a keeper
As long as you have support in the forwardline, you don't need to put too much muscle on to dominat or at least make an impact. Look at Amiss, he is skinny and yet kicks 3 goals a game.

As long as you have support in the forwardline, you don't need to put too much muscle on to dominat or at least make an impact. Look at Amiss, he is skinny and yet kicks 3 goals a game.

100% - there's not much muscle on Amiss
Amiss' strength is freakish for his size, just watching Kuek you can tell it's not the same. It's hard to explain more but you can tell watching him he's just not quite there yet

Amiss' strength is freakish for his size, just watching Kuek you can tell it's not the same. It's hard to explain more but you can tell watching him he's just not quite there yet
Amiss plays like he's had years of wrestling in one on ones. Kuek plays like he's always used his agility, leap, etc. I think it's as much know-how as muscle.

Spot on assessment, needs to continue to build up muscle otherwise defenders like May/Andrews etc will just block his run at the ball or rag doll him
If he keeps improving he has the raw ability to make it in 2024, is a keeper
If he is good enough to warrant having one of the premiere defenders looking after him that's a significant achievement. Not simply that it means he's doing alright, but also it will help the other tall forwards.

If he is good enough to warrant having one of the premiere defenders looking after him that's a significant achievement. Not simply that it means he's doing alright, but also it will help the other tall forwards.
As it stands if Andrews or May went to him, they would take a record number of intercepts

He isn't ready

I am not sure that six against Perth is a rave, but , if he kicks another bag this weekend, then he will be in the spot light.

If win over the next few weeks it's best available.
When it's all over bar the shouting, you play players who are not ready.
Coaches at and players live and die br results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone remember Nick Cox from Essendon playing league as a 19yo and the same size as Kuek (maybe even lighter). It's nothing to do with size, weight or muscles. If he was good enough, he'd be getting a game, and imo I don't think he's far off. ATM Treacy is keeping him out.

Anyone remember Nick Cox from Essendon playing league as a 19yo and the same size as Kuek (maybe even lighter). It's nothing to do with size, weight or muscles. If he was good enough, he'd be getting a game, and imo I don't think he's far off. ATM Treacy is keeping him out.

Nick Cox played on the wing in his first season.

Wingers are mostly around 180-190cm and 75-85kg.

KPDs are mostly around 195-200cm and 90-100kg.

The players they’d be playing on simply aren’t comparable.

If he has the running power to play as a super tall medium forward then he'd get a game, but replacing one of Amiss, Treacy or Taberner would be a big step backwards in that position and role for us if he is required to fill it.

At least this season. I'd like to see him as a tricky match up working hard like a small.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back