Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath - 2017 category B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought for sure I saw him in the last, which is not great for me if he wasn't on field. Not exactly easily mistaken for anyone else on our list.

I may need to finally use the optical on my insurance.
Definitely didn’t play the last. Not saying he was the difference but you could totally tell he wasn’t there as the whole team came to a grinding halt once he didn’t return.

Might be a chance for the seniors if we don’t challenge Scrimshaws ban
Given Scrimshaw has been playing basically 2nd KPD after Frost, I doubt we'd be replacing him with CJ - who IMHO needs more match fitness and exposed VFL form to get promoted into an AFL side which has won 3 of its last 4.

I know it was his hammy that had him sidelined but someone the other week mentioned that his right quad was also giving grief. If so then at the 1 minute mark of that video he launches and absolute bomb with his right foot into the goal square from 50+ out so then his right quad looks like it's all good now. Can anyone confirm he's had issues with the right quad?

I know it was his hammy that had him sidelined but someone the other week mentioned that his right quad was also giving grief. If so then at the 1 minute mark of that video he launches and absolute bomb with his right foot into the goal square from 50+ out so then his right quad looks like it's all good now. Can anyone confirm he's had issues with the right quad?
The injury thread quite literally had the quad injury reported by the club. 😂

In my own mind I’d almost ruled him out as playing part in our side going forward just because of how injury prone he’s been the last few years, but those highlights were exciting. I feel like the whole Amon to HBF was with the hindsight of CJ actually being available as a full time wingman. People forget CJ completed the entire pre season just about.

Keen to see how this evolves under Sammy

Straight in, onto a wing. If need be, sub at 3/4 time. Burge has said he's had a really nice block of training because he hasnt had to stop running despite the quad injury.
Looks in great shape... dare I suggest... Burge and crew might be ok at what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Straight in, onto a wing. If need be, sub at 3/4 time. Burge has said he's had a really nice block of training because he hasnt had to stop running despite the quad injury.
Looks in great shape... dare I suggest... Burge and crew might be ok at what they do.
I'm keen for him to come in. I don't want to moz him but dare I say he is more ready than Dear was to come in.

I watched the Box Hill game and he was pretty darn good. His speed and agility which are strengths at AFL level stand out even more at VFL level which he is clearly way way above.

He only played the first 3 quarters on managed minutes but still managed 22 disposals and some real highlights as shown above. He as far as i could tell was playing exclusively wing and at times positioned himself really well both defensively and on rebound. There were 2 or 3 times when he went early dashing forward assuming we'd win the ball so was out of position when we lost the contest/loose ball get.

No Box Hill game next week i'd be tempted to play him against port. But don't want him back as a HBF, needs to be on the Wing.

Changkuoth Jiath (22 disposals, eight marks, five inside 50s)

“CJ played three quarters and was electric. That is full credit to Pricey (Jack Price) our rehab coach and the work he has done with CJ alongside the strength and conditioning staff who worked on getting his body right but also making sure his footy is right, so when he steps back in he can play at a really high standard from the word go. Now it is just about getting some continuity in his body and playing some good footy moving forward. He played the day on the wing and ran some really nice patterns by using his leg speed. He also had a really good aerial presence, taking three contested marks. We were really pleased with the role he played and I know our fans see the flare. He played a really important role on the wing over the day and held the structure really well which helped with our offensive and our defencing structure. It was excellent from him.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back