Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nash does have the tank though. Regularly finishes up around the top 5 for time trials. Played his best game for the club by miles.

With Ollie doing so will in the midfield at BHH, would like to see them both play the rest of the season in the seniors and see what they can do.
I was talking about De Goey being pigeonholed as not having at tank/ability to play midfield.

I am aware Nash is a great athlete.

Nash does have the tank though. Regularly finishes up around the top 5 for time trials. Played his best game for the club by miles.

With Ollie doing so will in the midfield at BHH, would like to see them both play the rest of the season in the seniors and see what they can do.
I wonder if Ollie would work better in a midfield with Nash, anyone see if they did it at vfl together?

Been crying out for the big mid for a few years now . He might just be our answer.
Thought his contested play was excellent and became a real physical presence in the game .
Had no issue with the spread of the game either. Quick and hits hard .

If he can replicate that how good will he be for a new draftees . Will be a lot easier to ease them into AFL footy .

Nash could become our human wrecking ball in the midfield.
His kicking is fine ie he can hit a target - but when you win contested ball you're often disposing of it under immense pressure.

Nash has always had the really quick handball skills, was involved on a number of occasions with some really clever handballs in the forward line so I think in the contest he could be handy with getting the ball out of tight spaces. Was exceptional on the weekend but we will need to see him back it up and play consistently. Teams will have more to work with to lessen his impact so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the next few weeks.

Good luck to him, he's been maligned pretty heavily from what I've seen on social media which is unfair but I'd love to see him find a role and gain confidence from it. We are crying out for a big bodied midfielder and he showed that he isn't out of place on the weekend.

Yes, wow I'm amazed you're still remember it.
I've been praying and hoping like crazy that he'll make it at the AFL 😬.
I've actually got one as well. Pretty unique to Seattle :cool:

Last edited:

That last point is pretty key to, for the lack of fanfare and doubter nash gets, he has now played 25 games at senior level and based on the weekend gets his chance to give next season a red hot crack.

He hits 50 games by the end of next year and gets a full year playing mid, he will leap up in development / confidence.

That last point is pretty key to, for the lack of fanfare and doubter nash gets, he has now played 25 games at senior level and based on the weekend gets his chance to give next season a red hot crack.

He hits 50 games by the end of next year and gets a full year playing mid, he will leap up in development / confidence.

Yep the lack of continuity is baffling.

Fair enough if we were a top four side for the last 4 years and he was churning out poor 8 possession games and not much else (his average until last game).

You can't carry that if you are challenging unless you are Cyril.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article says his contract ends this year.
Has he done enough to be renewed?
Nearly every week Mitchell has had positive things to say about him after a VFL game so you would think he would want to keep him

That article says his contract ends this year.
Has he done enough to be renewed?
+month of good VFL form in the midfield + this breakthrough performance would suggest he should be given one more season.
If he continues this kind of form it wouldn't surprise me if he gets two more years.
That was a powerful performance on the weekend.

His tackles in the first quarter went a long way to set the tone for the game.
Seriously impressed with him- he'll have a much more difficult test over the next two weeks, but I'm hopeful.
He has one thing I don’t normally see in our mids, leg speed (seems really fit to) his gonna have a big year next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back