List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardamone missing from the Eastern Ranges a second week in a row... injured?

Not NGA but possible FS Devlin Brereton playing his first game of the year for the Eastern Ranges tomorrow.

Harrison Pepper (2019) on an extended bench for Gippsland. Mozzie fwd pocket. No Tyrone Hayes though.

Cardamone looks very VFL mid from the little ive seen of him (tough, no speed, gathers poss without being clean and no x-factor), Hayes has some AFL abilities, but as said before he has personal issues and if Devlin Brereton hasnt been playing for Eastern all year, thats a bad sign as Eastern have been terrible this year.

the only player i think we will get in the draft or as a rookie is Mozzie and he will go pretty late in the draft, i estimate pick 50-end of draft, maybe he'll get rookied

Devlin Brereton had a long term injury at the start of the season. Fingers crossed Tyrone Hayes can overcome his personal issues because he can really play. Agree Mozzie a late pick or rookie based on his performances this year.

Cardamone looks very VFL mid from the little ive seen of him (tough, no speed, gathers poss without being clean and no x-factor), Hayes has some AFL abilities, but as said before he has personal issues and if Devlin Brereton hasnt been playing for Eastern all year, thats a bad sign as Eastern have been terrible this year.

the only player i think we will get in the draft or as a rookie is Mozzie and he will go pretty late in the draft, i estimate pick 50-end of draft, maybe he'll get rookied
You must of been watching the wrong Cardamone

Cardamone and Buzz have both been spotted at the club. It suggests we’ll be taking them.

Cardamone and Buzz have both been spotted at the club. It suggests we’ll be taking them.

yea ive heard we were looking to take Mozzie (his nickname at Gippsland Power)in the draft and rookie Cardamone, Cardamone is like Cousins, they are very similar in that they are VFL type mids, but could they develop an AFL type game? thats the question, i dont hate the idea of recruiting him, just telling ypu what ive seen of him live.....

Tony Olango featured early in this thread last year. We passed on him, and he was picked up by West Coast.
I only noticed a few weeks ago, and then was distracted by the Gaff drama, the news that the law had caught up with him over an assault prior to his selection.
Did we have knowledge of what had happened and went cold, or were we just never that much into him? Due diligence paying off, or just luck in dodging a bullet?

I havent seena anything more than the headline, so not judging the kid without knowing the circumstaces etc

Sorry if its been mentioned already, but I couldnt see it had.

Irving Mosquito currently features amongst the top for these statistics at the Gippsland power. Impressive efforts for mine as he has missed quite a few games. We'll get to have a look at his athletic prowess at the National Combine.

Contested Possessions:

1 – Austin Hodge – 128 (14th overall)
2 – Riley Baldi – 127
3 – Boadie Motton – 119
4 – Xavier Duursma – 102
5 – Irving Mosquito – 85

Clearances:

1 – Riley Baldi – 57 (eq. 6th overall)
2 – Austin Hodge – 36
3 – Boadie Motton – 33
4 – Irving Mosquito – 28
5 – Xavier Duursma – 26

Inside 50s:

1 – Irving Mosquito – 45 (eq. 14th overall)
2 – Riley Baldi – 43
3 – Xavier Duursma – 41
3 – Noah Gown – 41
5 – Josh Smith – 40
5 – Bailey Beck – 40

Goals:

1 – Noah Gown – 22 (4th overall)
2 – Sam Flanders – 18 (eq. 7th overall)
2 – Josh Smith – 18 (eq. 7th overall)
4 – Austin Hodge – 13
4 – Irving Mosquito – 13

Just on young Irving Mosquito, does he have a brother Tim that is currently playing down here at Lauderdale by chance? There are a couple Tiwi Islands lads (I think) playing at Lauderdale this year.

There was an article in yesterday's Mercury (not sure if it is online, haven't searched) with a photo of Timothy Mosquito on Mt Wellington in the snow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on young Irving Mosquito, does he have a brother Tim that is currently playing down here at Lauderdale by chance? There are a couple Tiwi Islands lads (I think) playing at Lauderdale this year.

There was an article in yesterday's Mercury (not sure if it is online, haven't searched) with a photo of Timothy Mosquito on Mt Wellington in the snow!
Yeah read that at Windys grabbing a toastie (next to the ground). My nan inlaw is indigenous and saw snow falling heavily at Mt Field NP for the first time with us when she was 86. Squealed like a little girl was great to watch.

my nephew is playing at Lauderdale in week 1 of the finals, i hope they win...

Harrison Pepper kicked one for Gippsland as well. He must be reasonably promising, selected for TAC finals, given his draft year is next season.

Fin Maginness also playing finals for Sandringham (kicked 2 goals), likewise draftable next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back