News Welcome to Hawthorn : Josh Vanderloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Opens positions

Senior List
Oct 30, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
THE AFL is searching for a new head of list management and game analysis after Josh Vanderloo announced his departure for Hawthorn.

Vanderloo, who has worked at the AFL for more than a decade, has taken on a role on the Hawks' executive as the general manager of operations and special projects under chief executive Justin Reeves.

He is expected to play a key role in the club's upcoming relocation to Dingley after the departure of chief operating officer Tim Silvers to Adelaide as the Crows' new CEO.

Vanderloo, who had replaced long-time player movement and TPP guru Ken Wood in the top seat in November, will remain at the AFL until after the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft which he will oversee in 2021.

THE AFL is searching for a new head of list management and game analysis after Josh Vanderloo announced his departure for Hawthorn.

Vanderloo, who has worked at the AFL for more than a decade, has taken on a role on the Hawks' executive as the general manager of operations and special projects under chief executive Justin Reeves.

He is expected to play a key role in the club's upcoming relocation to Dingley after the departure of chief operating officer Tim Silvers to Adelaide as the Crows' new CEO.

Vanderloo, who had replaced long-time player movement and TPP guru Ken Wood in the top seat in November, will remain at the AFL until after the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft which he will oversee in 2021.
about time the brain drain floated our way

Having first hand knowledge of a previous afl commission "plant" on our board I can't say that i trust this.

You talking about this guy?
I always assumed he was calling Jason Dunstall...are you suggesting it was someone at AFL HQ?
Get-Smart-Charcoal-Pinstripe-Three-Piece-Suit-2-1200x600.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be one of the lowest key appointments and departures I’ve seen. Never seen his name in anything
Must have done his job well then.

With Reeves being replaced by Klein (and Vanderloo considered the alternate internal candidate), it’s not that surprising, but the timing isn’t ideal.

You never know he might end up at the Saints replacing Lethlean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back