Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

His kicking for a big guy looks very good.
Has a bit of Hale about the way he moves. Also plays like he knows he's 15cm taller and 20kg heavier than most. Not afraid to make body contact by barging through a pack. Having a player that can play like and compete against Mumford is going to be huge for our mids. GWS mids walk that much taller with Mumford there to play an enforcer role.

Has a bit of Hale about the way he moves. Also plays like he knows he's 15cm taller and 20kg heavier than most. Not afraid to make body contact by barging through a pack. Having a player that can play like and compete against Mumford is going to be huge for our mids. GWS mids walk that much taller with Mumford there to play an enforcer role.
Mumford will probably be gone by the time this kids ready.
Pitonet might have a crack though

He does look like he could add a little bit more size onto his arms aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mumford will probably be gone by the time this kids ready.
Pitonet might have a crack though
I worded my post poorly. What I meant was that he could play a Mumford-like role for us and compete against Mumford-like rucks. Essentially he could be an imposing physical enforcer for our mids to work around. Could also play a similar role up forward crashing packs. If he gets up to a ~100kg playing weight without sacrificing much athleticism/mobility then he could be a very dangerous proposition.

Of course plenty of "coulds" and "ifs" here. We have to remember he was a very late pick and therefore statistically not a very good chance that he'll "make it". Though the hope of seeing a speculative late pick like him make it is a part of the enjoyment of following a club. And in the case of Richmond, the whole thing.

Seeing Crawf wearing an Assumption jumper reminded me of way back in the 50s, when we bused it from Marcellin in Canterbury to Assumption in Kilmore only to have our bums kicked.

It is also a reminder of great players that college has provided Hawthorn with, and there is probably more than these, but they were champions. Brendon Edwards, Peter Crimmons, Kevin Heath and of course Crawf. Set your goals to be mentioned with these champions Mitchell, and go for it.

I worded my post poorly. What I meant was that he could play a Mumford-like role for us and compete against Mumford-like rucks. Essentially he could be an imposing physical enforcer for our mids to work around. Could also play a similar role up forward crashing packs. If he gets up to a ~100kg playing weight without sacrificing much athleticism/mobility then he could be a very dangerous proposition.

Of course plenty of "coulds" and "ifs" here. We have to remember he was a very late pick and therefore statistically not a very good chance that he'll "make it". Though the hope of seeing a speculative late pick like him make it is a part of the enjoyment of following a club. And in the case of Richmond, the whole thing.

Ha!

Im starting to see his name in the box hill goal tally more frequently, and a quality KPF is something we need.

His size is perfect. Can any box hill regulars comment about how he is travelling, strengths/weaknessess and if he is any chance to get a game this season? Shoenmakers isnt exactly dominating.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back