Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Ned Reeves. Extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned’s hit outs went to hawks players. I’m not fussed if he doesn’t win the hit out count as long as he keeps doing that. It’s what we have been missing.

Interesting that JOM (6), Worps (7), and Mitchell (8) had their best spread and we won the clearances. Neds’ ruck work is vital going forward.

Also impressive with 13 possessions and 4 tackles

Ned’s hit outs went to hawks players. I’m not fussed if he doesn’t win the hit out count as long as he keeps doing that. It’s what we have been missing.

Interesting that JOM (6), Worps (7), and Mitchell (8) had their best spread and we won the clearances. Neds’ ruck work is vital going forward.

Also impressive with 13 possessions and 4 tackles
His hit outs will eventually see our wings run forward instead of crowding the contest. That alone is a massive positive

Credit where it's due, come a long way since I saw him in 2019 and it was a solid debut.

Unfortunately standard for some warriors.

A 'huge critic' of a young player at you haven't seen play for two seasons....
Then go onto doubt he will make it.

But it's a credit to him.

Gotta say, I was rapt with his game. Honestly felt that we had an ascendancy at times in the middle, something we haven't had for years. He hit it to us....agian, a really nice thing to have. Had tackles, looked ok with ball in hand, took a couple of nice marks.
Needs to play for the rest of the year now. He'll face better ruckman, and no doubt get beaten easily at times, but you can see he's got the raw talent, time to help him learn the craft

Good on him! Consolidate the season as best he can and he is the number 1 ruck next season.
Fantastic debut from a young ruckman. Really looking forward to watching this kid develop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we might be sleeping on just how good that debut was for a young ruck.
Watched him close and I'm wide awake. He was the reason we looked somewhat likely to win any clearances!

If even I'm saying it was a pretty good debut, then it must have been a reasonable debut.
You’ll have his number on your back by the end of the season, mate.

Hitouts are only classified as 'to advantage' if a Hawks player grabs the ball before it hits the ground. Reeves had a lot more balls that went to ground to the advantage side of the hawks mids. Far fewer of his hitouts went to evenly contested space or Carlton advantage than usual for us.

These are guys that he's barely played with that he's tapping to. He got more clear hitouts to advantage in the second half. Worked in with more tackles, touches and marks in the second half as well. He really built into the game.

I was really excited for the debut but also concerned that some posters here were talking about our mids getting first use before the game. A debut in the ruck at this level is a huge transition and I thought some might be disappointed. But wow, that was a great debut.

Another thing to note is that Reeves got to 61 ruck contests for the game. Only 7 other players average more ruck contests per game than that this year. I thought he'd get tired and have a much more even split with McEvoy. Big vote of confidence in his game and fitness.

Hitouts are only classified as 'to advantage' if a Hawks player grabs the ball before it hits the ground. Reeves had a lot more balls that went to ground to the advantage side of the hawks mids. Far fewer of his hitouts went to evenly contested space or Carlton advantage than usual for us.

These are guys that he's barely played with that he's tapping to. He got more clear hitouts to advantage in the second half. Worked in with more tackles, touches and marks in the second half as well. He really built into the game.

I was really excited for the debut but also concerned that some posters here were talking about our mids getting first use before the game. A debut in the ruck at this level is a huge transition and I thought some might be disappointed. But wow, that was a great debut.
It's looking good. I'd be hoping he plays for the rest of the year really. Even if against the bigger rucks.

It's been said but that's a quality first up hitout by the big noodle
Ah yes, I did notice the nickname in the Vid too. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back