Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 23, Sam Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

They have all come with a great basr though, I can’t remember a year where all draft picks have looked as professional as this year
Yep if nothing else. I think they have had to impress in other areas to get picked in the draft because a lack of actual games. Dedication, diet personal training etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact he has latched onto Breust and Breust is teaching him everything he knows is unbelievable, combined with his explosiveness he could be very dangerous forward
Why is it unbelievable? They're both small forwards.
I'm pretty sure every club does that with their recruits - like for like player/mentors.

It would be unbelievable if they paired him up with Ben McEvoy!

Why is it unbelievable? They're both small forwards.
I'm pretty sure every club does that with their recruits - like for like player/mentors.

It would be unbelievable if they paired him up with Ben McEvoy!
I think this is more of a statement of excitement over keeping some of our older players to mentor the younger ones (and they are from a threepeat time so they’re no slouches)

I was pretty keen on off loading our older players for picks but maybe this will work for the best

The fact he has latched onto Breust and Breust is teaching him everything he knows is unbelievable, combined with his explosiveness he could be very dangerous forward

We need a dynamic small forward. Losing Rioli through retirement early has hurt, and Breust won’t be easy to replace. Hopefully Butler can be the next one that comes through and makes that small forward position his own.

We need a dynamic small forward. Losing Rioli through retirement early has hurt, and Breust won’t be easy to replace. Hopefully Butler can be the next one that comes through and makes that small forward position his own.
Brocky and Moore to add. Then we have Seamus sniffing around too. Be nice to have some zip and ex factor in there hey?

Brocky and Moore to add. Then we have Seamus sniffing around too. Be nice to have some zip and ex factor in there hey?
It's the one area of a side where if you draft this type well your side can improve very quickly. Hard to find quality smalls we have been blessed with sooooo many. Let's hope history repeats. Really impressed with Brocky and Moore. If Seamus cuts the mustard suddenly our side starts looking a lot better.

It's the one area of a side where if you draft this type well your side can improve very quickly. Hard to find quality smalls we have been blessed with sooooo many. Let's hope history repeats. Really impressed with Brocky and Moore. If Seamus cuts the mustard suddenly our side starts looking a lot better.
Especially with our KPP and delivery, but maybe that will change in 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back