Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Sam Frost. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean like Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel, Wingard, Sicily, Gunston, Breust, Mcevoy, Lewis, Patton?
We've got more top shelf talent than people have caught on - even our own, it would seem.

Compare that to Lake, Gibson, Birchall, Burgoyne, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Franklin, Roughead and Rioli.

Compare that to Lake, Gibson, Birchall, Burgoyne, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Franklin, Roughead and Rioli.

Maybe it's not fair to compare their full careers to those still in the early parts of their prime years or formative parts of their careers.
All of those champs had various questions about them in the early stages.
Funny how quickly some forget.

Maybe it's not fair to compare their full careers to those still in the early parts of their prime years or formative parts of their careers.
This. And as much as we will aim to compete and challenge for the premiership next season, it's a journey and as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. It will be about adding key pieces to this core group over the next few years in order to take us to where we want to be.

Do people see frost as a true KPD or more a Ben Stratton replacement (or grimes type) that has flexibility to play on both talls and smalls?

Bloody oath he's a weird looking unit.... those ears! poor bugger. Mind you, I don't think anyone would be giving him grief he's absolutely jacked, and you'd never outrun him!

I'll also add that he speaks quite well, little bit more insight and substance than some players who can only speak in broad platitudes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people see frost as a true KPD or more a Ben Stratton replacement (or grimes type) that has flexibility to play on both talls and smalls?

I don't think he will play on smalls, IMO he would end up replacing Frawley once he retires. I think he has similar attributes in that he's fast for a player of his size, so should be able to keep up with players on the lead.

Maybe in the short term he would play on medium leading forwards, especially if the club is looking at playing Big Boy at CHB.

Also remember burgoyne roughead hodge rioli birchall even lake had serious injury or health setbacks at some point posing question marks on their careers.

Welcome Frosty, glad you made the move. Looks like you will be an asset to the team, wishing you much success at the HFC and a Norm Smith in a winning team.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Think this team is good? Geez let's just compare it to a generational type team to prove it isn't good enough"

Doesn't matter how it shapes up against an incredibly strong Hawthorn dynasty, what matters is how it shapes up against other current AFL teams.

The only team in the AFL with an obvious advantage on talent over any other club is GWS, they just don't know how to use it.

I don't think he will play on smalls, IMO he would end up replacing Frawley once he retires. I think he has similar attributes in that he's fast for a player of his size, so should be able to keep up with players on the lead.

Maybe in the short term he would play on medium leading forwards, especially if the club is looking at playing Big Boy at CHB.
The club seems to rate Kosi so keen to them together some time

Same. I think we have moneyballed this beautifully. I have watched him play a few times and thought gee this bloke could be a player, big, quick and strong.
We have for over a decade, defended to a system; &, it isn't just the back 6 - it's the entire 18.

Frost's inclusion gives us attributes that the current back 6 don't have (or at worst, he adds to what Frawley has).

As per all our defenders, he'll succeed/fail by the system. We'll look to utilise his positive attributes, whilst protecting his weaknesses. I'm very confident that this will be a positive acquisition.

As for his kicking... When not provided a safe option by those around him, I'd love to see him with license to move the forward at speed - break the zone & go long toward Big Boy on the wing, or Lewis or Gunston, leading wide from Half Forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back