Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

That article doesn't make much sense. The dons have an offer on the table for BZT, so they want to keep him. It's just that BZT would rather come here.

Our backline is severely lacking in height and experienced personnel, with no redundancy if Aliir goes down. If(when) Clurey goes, we have Aliir (29) and McKenzie (32 start next season) as KPD options.
Pasini, Marshall, and McCallum are still a long way off it - with Pasini maybe being closest, but he's still only 192 cm.

I'm pretty confident we can get BZT for a pick in the mid-20s, which is a pretty good price to pay for a position we badly need to fill, and I think he'll do a better than serviceable job, too.

Jeeze just imagine if AA went down. Weā€™d almost be playing both Marshall and Finlayson back and run the dedicated implied pressure mosquito fleet forward line from Kennyā€™s wettest dream.

Good ordinary player, we need a few of those. Apart from a few crap games he seems to have played okay.

Hopefully he can improve on what he has produced. Might be a sneaky good pickup.

This is shaping up as a great off season.

BZT for a 2nd rounder should do it.

I would be happy to trade out both our 2nd rounders for Esava and BZT.
This is the obvious trade. Both worth a second, probably a bit higher than the Collingwood one we have this year though. Happy that Brandon has requested a trade because we are in desperate straits with the state of the key defenders on our list. I would have been happier if we could have aimed higher than either of these two guys though.

The missing piece no. 17

challenging-jigsaw-puzzles.jpg

Clurey, Bonner, Duursma, Sinn, Mead, Lord, Mcallum, Marshall.

There's a few options.

Some more palatable than others

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bomber supporter here.

I'd imagine Duursma might be the likely choice, but is Josh Sinn even an option? From what I know he's had a bit of an injury plagued career but feel he'd still be considered a required player for you guys. I think he'd be overs in other words but I'm happy to defer to you guys.

Wish Zerk the best and hope he gets to you.

Bomber supporter here.

I'd imagine Duursma might be the likely choice, but is Josh Sinn even an option? From what I know he's had a bit of an injury plagued career but feel he'd still be considered a required player for you guys. I think he'd be overs in other words but I'm happy to defer to you guys.

It's just people writing off a second year player because he hasn't become an overnight football god, it's highly unlikey he's trade bait as are about half those listed.

It's just people writing off a second year player because he hasn't become an overnight football god, it's highly unlikey he's trade bait as are about half those listed.

Yeah I doubt weā€™d trade him before getting some return on our investment, which is quite substantial in terms of both draft capital and injury management. Unless someone was to offer something out of the box of course but thatā€™s highly unlikely with next to zero exposed form since being drafted.

Bomber supporter here.

I reckon we'd want more back for Sinn than Dodo would give up.

If we could turn Sinn in to BZT and Rat though I reckon we do, even with his ceiling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, B. Zerk is a great interceptor and is very confident and skilled at that. If you use him in that role he will do just fine. He is a dud key defender though. He cannot play on the big boys, and honestly I'm glad he's gone. As much as I love him, Hogan kicked 9 on him, Hawkins kicked 8 and Daniher kicked 6. He is a liability in that regard and its fair enough, he's 91 kg and 195cm. Absolutely love the guy and he has great character and insane courage, but for us I'm of the opinion he's a list clogger, until we have someone who can take the big boys. We're not winning a final if he's our #1 Key back. May be different for you with Aliir and Esava though but for us no.

What do you reckon gets it done?

Look, B. Zerk is a great interceptor and is very confident and skilled at that. If you use him in that role he will do just fine. He is a dud key defender though. He cannot play on the big boys, and honestly I'm glad he's gone. As much as I love him, Hogan kicked 9 on him, Hawkins kicked 8 and Daniher kicked 6. He is a liability in that regard and its fair enough, he's 91 kg and 195cm. Absolutely love the guy and he has great character and insane courage, but for us I'm of the opinion he's a list clogger, until we have someone who can take the big boys. We're not winning a final if he's our #1 Key back. May be different for you with Aliir and Esava though but for us no.

I think part of the reason he has had massive bags kicked on him recently is your team has been utter trash and completely noncompetitive up the ground. Don't think it would have mattered who played on the forwards in those games.

By the sounds of that sales pitch we should take him as a delisted free agent.

Realistically I think a second gets it done, either the Collingwood one this year, maybe with something late added in from us or our future second.

This is the obvious trade. Both worth a second, probably a bit higher than the Collingwood one we have this year though. Happy that Brandon has requested a trade because we are in desperate straits with the state of the key defenders on our list. I would have been happier if we could have aimed higher than either of these two guys though.
Who were you aiming higher towards?

If he's a replacement for Jonas as that third tall. Want. I rate him quite highly in this role, reminds me of Jake Lever.

If he's expected to be the #1 or #2 KPD. Kidding ourselves.

This trade only really works if we also get Sava.

If he's a replacement for Jonas as that third tall. Want. I rate him quite highly in this role, reminds me of Jake Lever.

If he's expected to be the #1 or #2 KPD. Kidding ourselves.

This trade only really works if we also get Sava.
I agree. But I also agree with philthy05 that Hinkley will fail to maintain the three tall line up when things go sideways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back