Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game.

He was sold to us as somebody who struggled with the responsibility of taking the #1 forward at Essendon but would be better as a third tall, ignoring that he doesn't have any of the intercepting or rebounding ability required to play as a third tall, and also ignoring the fact that our other two tall defenders are also better suited to that role. But maybe the problem was just that Essendon's defence is dogshit, because we've played him as the #1 stopper two weeks in a row, he looked pretty good last week and looked ****ing excellent today. Maybe in the right system he can actually take the #1 forward.

If he keeps up this role and keeps up these performances in this role, then I'll be making my apologies and changing my username to Zerk-Thatcherfest before long.

If BZT has that type of shut down ability it's going revolutionise the way this team can defend. He was incredible today and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't in the coaches votes tomorrow.

Terrific game, we were told he wasn't a stopper? If he keeps that up all year and leaves the other two free to intercept and rebound, we'll have a well balanced defence.
Think it'll depend on who we're trying to stop. I wouldn't have him on Hawkins, Hogan, Tex (eg bigger bodied types) or resting rucks.

He's perfect for the athletic rangey forwards - Cameron, Lynch, McKay etc

Great game.

He was sold to us as somebody who struggled with the responsibility of taking the #1 forward at Essendon but would be better as a third tall, ignoring that he doesn't have any of the intercepting or rebounding ability required to play as a third tall, and also ignoring the fact that our other two tall defenders are also better suited to that role. But maybe the problem was just that Essendon's defence is dogshit, because we've played him as the #1 stopper two weeks in a row, he looked pretty good last week and looked ****ing excellent today. Maybe in the right system he can actually take the #1 forward.

If he keeps up this role and keeps up these performances in this role, then I'll be making my apologies and changing my username to Zerk-Thatcherfest before long.

Lucky they let him go to spend $900K a year on Ben McKay and save us.

It's a bit of a turn up, but he looks bigger and stronger at Port than he did at Essendon. Might have been our plan all along to match up on the #1 key forward. He played on Walker in the trial game and kept him quiet. He sticks close, doesn't often lose the body contact and can get the awkward spoil in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it'll depend on who we're trying to stop. I wouldn't have him on Hawkins, Hogan, Tex (eg bigger bodied types) or resting rucks.

He's perfect for the athletic rangey forwards - Cameron, Lynch, McKay etc
Tom Lynch and Mckay are bigger than Hogan and Tex though?

Stocks up: There's always expectation attached to key position players when they come across from other clubs, but it's fair to say Brandon Zerk-Thatcher might be exceeding those at Port Adelaide already. Not the most highly-regarded defender at Essendon, his game on Richmond spearhead Tom Lynch was near perfect, keeping Lynch to just one major while picking up 12 disposals and six intercept possessions himself. Has found a home at the Power.

Really good today, did a number on Lynch. Zero marks and 1 goal.

Looking like a quality pick up.

To be fair, Lynch seemed more pre-occupied on mouthing off at Butters most of the day.

Job done. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back