Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JACK PERIS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless there's some hidden gem of an international/other athlete who will only want to come to St Kilda, he's still a free hit next season as well as a Cat B rookie. I'd imagine that he'll have at least that to show he's worthy of 1 or 2 more seasons on the senior list.

I have to say any player at Saints named Jack has alot to live up to so best of luck Jack . Its good to get a game into him now for the future . Hope he plays well .

I think he looked up to it imo. Did some really good things.
I thought there were a couple of opportunities for him to tuck it under his arm and try his speed to burst away - he chose the handball option - which is perfectly understandable for a first gamer - you would think with a few games under his belt he might start using his speed to advantage more often - hopefully it would become an important part of his game if he were to become a regular at AFL level

Completely agree. I thought he’d be under 10 disposals but he was surprisingly good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, looked vfl level at best & it was the wrong game to bring him in, we needed to nail that 50/50 game so an experienced player would of been better once we won that game then bring him in for Nths game.

I disagree, looked vfl level at best & it was the wrong game to bring him in, we needed to nail that 50/50 game so an experienced player would of been better once we won that game then bring him in for Nths game.
Nonsense, the selection had 0 impact on the result and he played the role of pressure forward half player very well. And who else to come in that's more experienced? Billings, Higgins, Membrey, Ross all on the injury list

Before that win suns were on 28 points on the ladder, good enough for bottom 4. If we are saying those matches are 50/50 we might as well play him to get some experience or pack up for the season because that is tragic.

An experienced player wouldn’t have changed the result. Our problems aren’t about one spot in the team, they’re everywhere.

He looked better than Butler to me.

He looked better than Butler to me.
I thought so as well. Had two excellent run down tackles in the forward half that won us the ball back which can be critical in how quick the ball can move these days.

That said both were going to struggle goaling with no forwards able to bring the ball to the ground. Hopefully we bring in Hayes to provide a big body and allow them to actually kick goals.

I thought so as well. Had two excellent run down tackles in the forward half that won us the ball back which can be critical in how quick the ball can move these days.

That said both were going to struggle goaling with no forwards able to bring the ball to the ground. Hopefully we bring in Hayes to provide a big body and allow them to actually kick goals.
Completely agree. Kicking needs a lot of work, but that role is critical these days. We don’t get that from Higgins and Gresham.

Everyone gets excited by goals from smalls but if you go by recent premiership sides pressure is far more important. If you get both it’s a bonus but the things Peris did on the weekend are crucial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back