Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MATTAES PHILLIPOU!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to admit walking into the building being greeted by HARVES, LENNY and BJ... it would be pretty impressive for anyone...I guess its a little different than days gone by....with a handshake from RICHO and SEB....or similar.

Yep!! it'd take my breath away and almost anyone else that loves footy really....HARVES and HAYES for anyone is a huge welcome. A massive entre to heaven for the young SAINT!!

I have to admit walking into the building being greeted by HARVES, LENNY and BJ... it would be pretty impressive for anyone...I guess its a little different than days gone by....with a handshake from RICHO and SEB....or similar.

Ross reckons Moorabbin is like Disneyland these days.

Which is a bit of an upgrade on how things seemed when Richo ran the show

MFF14q1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep!! it'd take my breath away and almost anyone else that loves footy really....HARVES and HAYES for anyone is a huge welcome. A massive entre to heaven for the young SAINT!!
It seems that Goddard is more than pulling his weight around the place as a freshly minted rookie development coach.

It seems that Goddard is more than pulling his weight around the place as a freshly minted rookie development coach.
Spoke to Mattaes and his dad last night after training. Cannot believe how much support (and legends of the game) are buzzing around club. Hayes, Roughie and Goddard all leaving an impression. Sam couldn't believe the level of expertise behind Ross. Be such a great feeling. Meanwhile we are swimming in a world of Hinkley mediocrity 😮‍💨

Ross told Mattaes we would have taken you pick 1 if we had it! Mattaes loves the selection as it was the one club that has backed him every step...

Said he would train with squad over Xmas. Such a role model for my son.

Good luck 2023. Ps this photo after 12 300m
Screenshot_20221130_050439_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

Far out I just met Josh Bruce th%20(2).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Winnie, but he’s already publicly stated his name is pronounced ‘po’, not ‘poo’… just saying. Could be the Pope of the Saints. I’m sure you lot can come up with better.

Why was Rob Harvey 383 games under number 34? Seem to remember him at 35 for those 383 games.

Loved how he recognised Jack Hayes and was starstruck with Max King.

Also loved how he put bj's nose out of joint saying to Lenny how he watch him in 09 and 10. Was expecting bj to say "but I took the mark" :D:D

Edit: The slang term 'Far Out', must be a new addition to the lexicon in SA

Reckon the young fella desperately wants to drop f bombs but is cleaning it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to Mattaes and his dad last night after training. Cannot believe how much support (and legends of the game) are buzzing around club. Hayes, Roughie and Goddard all leaving an impression. Sam couldn't believe the level of expertise behind Ross. Be such a great feeling. Meanwhile we are swimming in a world of Hinkley mediocrity 😮‍💨

Ross told Mattaes we would have taken you pick 1 if we had it! Mattaes loves the selection as it was the one club that has backed him every step...

Said he would train with squad over Xmas. Such a role model for my son.

Good luck 2023. Ps this photo after 12 300m
View attachment 1564480
Love that he's already wearing his saints training gear!

I like Winnie, but he’s already publicly stated his name is pronounced ‘po’, not ‘poo’… just saying. Could be the Pope of the Saints. I’m sure you lot can come up with better.

Some people with greek heritage here have suggested he's living in denial.
He should embrace the Poo.

Then again, Gold Coast already have B Bear. Winny might make it too many AFL players running round without pants on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back