News Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Schache

Will Josh Schache play R1?

• Yes

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night was super exciting for Schache. Beautiful kick is back and he's taking his contested marks on the wing again which is fantastic to see. Starting to play like the player that arrived at Brisbane and impressed so much in 2016.

Fantastic to see him enjoying his footy again back at home. Great win last night will help as well!

He's never going to be the toughest or most contested player but I'm loving what he's offering as the get out kick up the lines and running hard between the arcs. That was something that I felt we were really missing and why I was keen on us chasing Adelaide's Tom Lynch.

What are we paying this bloke does anyone know? He is showing great signs but hard to describe as a ‘bargain’ pick-up without knowing what coin he is on.

What are we paying this bloke does anyone know? He is showing great signs but hard to describe as a ‘bargain’ pick-up without knowing what coin he is on.
I'm not 100% how this works but he re-signed at the lions before he was traded, I assume we took over his contract?

He is more aggressive then people think with contested possies. he is 20, watch when in say 2 years from now, he will be our N revolting, the alleged new rule changes will suit him and Boyd, its what they had in their under 18 campaigns.

We picked up a former pick #2 with two years in the system and didn't have to fork out our captain, pick 6 and $6m over 7 years, plus pay a fair chunk of $800k to our former captain in the first year.

He's a genuine mobile tall forward with a tank so he covers a lot of ground and I can't see him being on Chris Mayne-Daniel Wells money (500-600 pa). He can actually kick straight for goal which is a commodity in short supply on our list.

I think 'bargain' fits here.

Building nicely.

Seems a good kid, shock horror he struggled living in Brisbane with its s**t footy club culture like a good percentage of their young players.

He is developing ok and will be more than useful for what we paid for him

Building nicely.

Seems a good kid, shock horror he struggled living in Brisbane with its s**t footy club culture like a good percentage of their young players.

He is developing ok and will be more than useful for what we paid for him

No need to stick the boots into them in that way IMO. We lost hambling back to freo the year after a flag.
Always one reason or another ones goes back home - most of the issues facing the lions is beyond their control - ie not being a footy state.

But back to Schache really pleased to see his game Friday night.
Strangely enough I got most excited when he marked in the back pocket providing an option when clearly there was no one else to go to.
Then same qtr I think he marked on the wing - kicked, ran forward again and got the ball back providing an option again.

Real glimpse of what he could be in 4 years time for us now.

No need to stick the boots into them in that way IMO. We lost hambling back to freo the year after a flag.

None of us go on the freo board sticking the boots into Hamling if he doesn’t dominate though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to be happy with this trade...
Yes we are but he's still got a way to go. Played a good first quarter but isn't consistent and aggressive enough yet. Like his skills though.

I feel he could have a breakout game before the end of the year where kicks 4 or 5. Should have a better season next year if he avoids injury.

Improves every week, he is benefitting from continuity in the ones. I like what he has given us so far. If we can forgive him for not being a big, macho, aggressive, white knight, Grant-Carey clone and just let him keep developing, it'll pay dividends. He could do himself a favour and find a better 2nd effort when the ball goes to ground, but I think he puts a lot of effort into the first contest and most examples of him looking soft or careless result from that.

Play to his strengths. He is a hard working athletic type, a reliable kick with a pretty solid footy IQ. Got a few tricks. Goes to the ball mostly, or halves it when it's popped right up.

Back