Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Degenerative hips are fun. Some days I feel like I could run for miles. Other days it's restrictive and painful. The problem is the "referred" pain. A sharp movement can result in the hip transferring a pain sensation to the groin. Ive sworn several times my issue is aground problem. But scans refute it. It's the hip.

Macrae very stiff I thought. Criminally underrated, but those kind of midfielders never get the credit they deserve.
100% agreed
Clearly our best midfielder of the year, Reckon lack of goals cost him a spot

Macrae very stiff I thought. Criminally underrated, but those kind of midfielders never get the credit they deserve.
It was never a surprise that Macrae didn't make it, even though I say he deserves it more than Bontempelli. I mean, come on, who expects Danny Frawley, Cameron Ling and even Luke Darcy to look anywhere beyond the franchise players of the big clubs. They've got a combined IQ of about 150. I'm resigned to Macrae being under-recognised for the rest of his career.

It was never a surprise that Macrae didn't make it, even though I say he deserves it more than Bontempelli. I mean, come on, who expects Danny Frawley, Cameron Ling and even Luke Darcy to look anywhere beyond the franchise players of the big clubs. They've got a combined IQ of about 150. I'm resigned to Macrae being under-recognised for the rest of his career.
It's like 'On The Couch' last week - which I usually like - said Bontempelli was our only A-Grader. King came in and also said Dahlhaus, but when I think of A-Graders at our club when they're playing at their very best I think Bont, Macrae, Libba, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Wood with McLean, Daniel, Cordy and Adams all with potential to be A-Graders (not saying they've reached that status yet). And yes, I know Libba, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Wood haven't been A-Grade this year and that somewhat explains our season.

120 of that belongs to Darcy to ;)

It's like 'On The Couch' last week - which I usually like - said Bontempelli was our only A-Grader. King came in and also said Dahlhaus, but when I think of A-Graders at our club when they're playing at their very best I think Bont, Macrae, Libba, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Wood with McLean, Daniel, Cordy and Adams all with potential to be A-Graders (not saying they've reached that status yet). And yes, I know Libba, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Wood haven't been A-Grade this year and that somewhat explains our season.
Agree mostly, with the exception of Dahlhaus simply due to his shocking kicking. When he's not playing as an inside mid, it's too much of an issue to call him an A-grader. But yeah, Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer, Wood and Liberatore are, in my opinion, all A-graders at their peak.

Agree mostly, with the exception of Dahlhaus simply due to his shocking kicking. When he's not playing as an inside mid, it's too much of an issue to call him an A-grader. But yeah, Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer, Wood and Liberatore are, in my opinion, all A-graders at their peak.

Pretty sure Caleb Daniel was also rated as elite for his position by champion data last year too. They define elite as being in the top 10%. So Caleb was in the top 10% of midfielders in his second year and people don't think he's an A grader. He was down this year like the rest of them but he is definitely an A grader and nowhere near his prime.

Pretty sure Caleb Daniel was also rated as elite for his position by champion data last year too. They define elite as being in the top 10%. So Caleb was in the top 10% of midfielders in his second year and people don't think he's an A grader. He was down this year like the rest of them but he is definitely an A grader and nowhere near his prime.
You're not wrong, I just forgot think to add him to the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked how he, McLean and Biggs responded after being dropped. Some positives to take out of the year.

I'm clearly biased but surprised Selwood and Shiel got picked ahead of him.

Selwood missed 6 games!

It's not everything but I think Bont averaged 1 less SuperCoach point to Zac Merrett this year. And spent half his time forward. Yet Merrett was seen as a morale and others saying Bont lucky to be in the squad of 40.

Just feel like he has been judged pretty harshly this year.

Could have done himself a favour and kicked straight though, could have found himself a spot on the HFF with better conversion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back