Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty sits on a shelf on his own imo, for Bont or anyone else to join him they would need to step up to a level that is very rare.... Bont showing that he wants to kick goals now is a step in the right direction. He's taken his game to a new level, you can see it you can feel it, he believes and more importantly knows he's good lets hope our team can help him get all the rewards that we hope come his way.

Bonts obviously always had huge self belief and determination but was always quite calm and composed on field. 2021 bont is different. There’s an obvious killer instinct that’s gone to a new level this year. He wants to smash blokes on the field, he wants to kick goals and humiliate the oppositions. And he’s dragging his team mates along to do the same thing. It’s obvious to me the shift in his attitude this year. Now is his time, now is our time!

Bonts obviously always had huge self belief and determination but was always quite calm and composed on field. 2021 bont is different. There’s an obvious killer instinct that’s gone to a new level this year. He wants to smash blokes on the field, he wants to kick goals and humiliate the oppositions. And he’s dragging his team mates along to do the same thing. It’s obvious to me the shift in his attitude this year. Now is his time, now is our time!

I reckon Bevo has also raised the bar. A lot of his messages have a more urgent and demanding tone.

100%. Previously the message was all about journey etc., now its all about taking our opportunities
The time to strike is now... and over the next few seasons. A rare and historic opportunity to add to our premiership tally given the strength, depth and age profile of our list :thumbsu:

I think Martin was Bont's age when he won his first Brownlow and Norm Smith. It'll take a lot for Bont to catch Martin; he's surely one of the all time best players given what he has achieved.
No better big game performer in my opinion. Bont would need to win a couple of Brownlows, another flag, and a Norm Smith for their to be a comparison, but I'm not ruling it out. Without Martin Richmond only win 1 flag between 17-20 imo. As you mentioned Martin started to hit his best at the age Bont is at now, so not impossible.

Did you catch the interview? What did the great man have to say?

Wasn't a very serious interview TBH. Andy Maher & Murph having a jovial banter about where Bont goes after the 4 years expires (Carlton, yeah right). Bont's very happy - nothing we haven't heard in other interviews except that Bont only got 2 out of 3 historical knicknames for players right. :rolleyes:

Q. What do the following gun midfielders all have in common?

Lachie Neale, Paddy Cripps, Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Cam Guthrie, Touk Miller, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper, Lachie Whitfield, Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara, Clayton Oliver, Ben Cunnington, Ollie Wines, Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Dion Prestia, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar and Josh Dunkley.

A. They've never kicked 17 goals in a single season.

Bont's just done it in 12 games and for the 5th time in his career.

Q. What do the following gun midfielders all have in common?

Lachie Neale, Paddy Cripps, Zach Merrett, Darcy Parish, Cam Guthrie, Touk Miller, Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper, Lachie Whitfield, Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara, Clayton Oliver, Ben Cunnington, Ollie Wines, Jack Steele, Brad Crouch, Dion Prestia, Andrew Gaff, Dom Sheed, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar and Josh Dunkley.

A. They've never kicked 17 goals in a single season.

Bont's just done it in 12 games and for the 5th time in his career.
Before this year the commentary was that for Bont to become one of the truly great midfielders he had to start kicking more goals. He had only averaged a goal a game in two of his seven seasons (2018 - 19 games for 22 goals, 2016 - 26 games for 26 goals) .

This year he's beating that average easily (17 goals from 12 games). He's arrived.

Before this year the commentary was that for Bont to become one of the truly great midfielders he had to start kicking more goals. He had only averaged a goal a game in two of his seven seasons (2018 - 19 games for 22 goals, 2016 - 26 games for 26 goals) .

This year he's beating that average easily (17 goals from 12 games). He's arrived.

Surely leading the Brownlow now.

Going to be between he and Petracca.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup. Next step is 30 goals in a season.

The little master did it 5 times.
Dusty has done it 4 times.
Danger twice.

It's Brownlow territory in that rarified air.

Can someone please remind me of the payers (and playing numbers) who have flags above the goals at home games. I think Bont will eventually join them and fit into the number sequence quite well

Bont will complete the sequence of 2 (Bob) 3(EJ and Grant) 4 (Bont) 5 ( Bubba) 6 Johnno and 7 ( Hawk/West) 1 has never quite reached legendary status!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah this is where I headed. 4 was the missing number that surely he will fill. I didn’t realise it was 300 games, but that makes sense

Bont will complete the sequence of 2 (Bob) 3(EJ and Grant) 4 (Bont) 5 ( Bubba) 6 Johnno and 7 ( Hawk/West) 1 has never quite reached legendary status!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet, isn’t that Marra’s number?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back