Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for Libba, dal, strings, macrae and hunter to take an even bigger step, and help Bonti propel this team deep into September.

Koby has shown he can been a match winner in some games so I would add him to that list Fronk.

Time for that to happen against better teams and under tough conditions.

Am I the only one who doesn't see it with Koby? Yeah I think he is solid but I only see him as the 18-22nd man picked.
I just think he lacks the vision/speed by hand in close.

Actually never thought he'd make it into the team with any regularity once we improved, but he's proven me wrong. His strengths make up for some of his weaknesses, but yeh that solid 18-24 area would be about right. Still adds that bit of maturity/experience and a solid body since our midfield is almost entirely 19-23 year olds.

Koby's a bloke who's been in our best 3-4 players during a few games this year. He's had some down games too. But when he's on he's good.
I think that's one of the main problems with Koby - inconsistency.

Fronk asked who can help win games for us (not just make a solid contribution) in the way that the Bont does.
I'd be looking at the players who have shown they can be BoG on their day which is why I named the ones I did. Koby has been BoG for us at least a couple of times in his career so he's shown he can rise to reasonable heights. However he's just as likely to go missing the following week. Fix that inconsistency and he'll be a great asset to the team.

I never said he didn't make the team... I said 18-22. I said I don't think he is as important as a lot seem to. I think he is solid and top 22.. but no game changer.
I've never seen him described as a game changer, just a consistent and important cog that's best 22 every week. That's pretty valuable.

Bont aside- who's probably gotten/deserved votes every game since the bye, Macrae's been our best in that period comfortably

Macrae is the foundation of our team defense.

He is the omnipresent Bulldog. Legendary tank.

The reason he never shoots for goal is that he's always spent all the tickets by the time the ball reaches his mitts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. You need to be at the ground to appreciate the work Macrae does. Provides lead up option when no one else does. Gets back to defend when no one can run and tackles like a machine.
Bont and him together are a perfect.

Agree. You need to be at the ground to appreciate the work Macrae does. Provides lead up option when no one else does. Gets back to defend when no one can run and tackles like a machine.
Bont and him together are a perfect.
If we can just get Stringer to work as hard we'd have the best one two three punch in the AFL....

Bont is sitting 4th in the Coaches Award! A pretty fair representation of where he is at as a player. His season only really got going after round 7 also....
Dangerfield (26 years old)
Sloane (26)
Dusty (25)
Bont (20)
Selwood (28)
Shuey (26)
Hannebery (25)
Gray (28)
Parker (23)
Lynch (23)
Steven (26)

That's the scary thing. Is how young he is in relation to his peers. His ceiling is just sky high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back