Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

GOAT.jpg

Bow down to Lord Baphompelli.

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-13/season-review-marcus-bontempelli

Twenty year old kids aren't supposed to speak this well. He's literally just amazing. He totally understands what it means to be a Western Bulldog. And not just as a player, he understands the fans as well.

This is why he will be seen as one of the best Bulldogs of all time. Not because of his ability, but because of who he is as a person. We are honestly just so lucky to have him.

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-13/season-review-marcus-bontempelli

Twenty year old kids aren't supposed to speak this well. He's literally just amazing. He totally understands what it means to be a Western Bulldog. And not just as a player, he understands the fans as well.

This is why he will be seen as one of the best Bulldogs of all time. Not because of his ability, but because of who he is as a person. We are honestly just so lucky to have him.

I just wish it was a longer video
I'd watch it if was an hour of him talking with his highlights, so glad he is on our team.

What makes Bont's improvement even more scary is that he is starting to use his right leg more and even then hits the target more times then not. Truely is becoming the complete package.
I have no doubt he will go down as not only a bulldogs great but even an AFL legend. Kid will be the face of the AFL next season.

Some might think that because he's a soccer fan your respect for Bont goes down a notch, but I actually think that any man who has the patience to sit through a game a soccer, has to be respected even more.
His soccer fandom has propelled him to an even higher echelon, as did picking Barça over Madrid, but Chelsea? *in Chelsea? You're better than that, Bont.

Also, loses points for associating with GWS scum.

His soccer fandom has propelled him to an even higher echelon, as did picking Barça over Madrid, but Chelsea? ****in Chelsea? You're better than that, Bont.

Also, loses points for associating with GWS scum.
As a nominal Chelsea fan I feel like I should make a token effort to defend them...
But to be honest soccer hasn't been worth watching since the days of Zola, Cantona, Baggio and the like. The preening prima Donna's that populate the game have turned a once great sport into a sideshow facsimile of ballet and the less said about FIFA the better.

As a nominal Chelsea fan I feel like I should make a token effort to defend them...
But to be honest soccer hasn't been worth watching since the days of Zola, Cantona, Baggio and the like. The preening prima Donna's that populate the game have turned a once great sport into a sideshow facsimile of ballet and the less said about FIFA the better.

I'm not a 'sokka' basher at all and have enjoyed watching the quality of the A-League increase each year, but you're exactly right. The collapsing and acting over slight tackles is a real turn off and will prevent it from ever really challenging AFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Prem and the A-League aren't bad in that respect. There's little tolerance in the Australian football fraternity for diving.

Seems to be a real problem in some European leagues. Likewise in Asia, the Champions League is usually a pretty poor spectacle.

The Prem and the A-League aren't bad in that respect. There's little tolerance in the Australian football fraternity for diving.

Seems to be a real problem in some European leagues. Likewise in Asia, the Champions League is usually a pretty poor spectacle.

There's little tolerance in any other contact sport for diving. Its pathetic and puts me off soccer completely.

This boston referee shares my feelings about diving and is one of the reasons I love playing and watching hockey.

"* you, you're getting a ******* embellishment" :eek::D

There's little tolerance in any other contact sport for diving. Its pathetic and puts me off soccer completely.

This boston referee shares my feelings about diving and is one of the reasons I love playing and watching hockey.

"**** you, you're getting a ******* embellishment" :eek::D

It's really not a big deal in England and Australia. Lot of people cite it as a reason for not watching, but chances are they wouldn't be interested anyway.

Always loved playing hockey, has never captivated me as a spectator sport though. Might try to get to a game in Melbourne sometime.

It's really not a big deal in England and Australia. Lot of people cite it as a reason for not watching, but chances are they wouldn't be interested anyway.

Always loved playing hockey, has never captivated me as a spectator sport though. Might try to get to a game in Melbourne sometime.
I respectfully disagree in my case. I was a very big English and Italian soccer fan in my youth. It was that very reason I stopped watching both and haven't really looked back. The English like to blame the Italians and the Brazilians for it but the ugly truth is that it's mostly parochial bullshit and the Premier League isn't a huge amount better.
I'll give you the A league but there is a whole host of other reasons I couldn't give a * about it.

The AIHL games are cheap and well worth a look in docklands if you've got a spare hour or two

"**** you, you're getting a ******* embellishment" :eek::D

Wow

Looked like he copped stick to the jaw and reacted then kept playing

Pretty stiff in my book

I respectfully disagree in my case. I was a very big English and Italian soccer fan in my youth. It was that very reason I stopped watching both and haven't really looked back. The English like to blame the Italians and the Brazilians for it but the ugly truth is that it's mostly parochial bullshit and the Premier League isn't a huge amount better.
I'll give you the A league but there is a whole host of other reasons I couldn't give a **** about it.
I can't watch the A League. Same reason I can't handle the NBL when you watch leagues such as the EPL and NBA, the Aussie equivalent are so much lower.

I can't watch the A League. Same reason I can't handle the NBL when you watch leagues such as the EPL and NBA, the Aussie equivalent are so much lower.
The quality doesn't really worry me, I watch plenty of local footy and soccer and love me some VFL. My biggest issue (amongst others) with A League is that there's no good reason to care about any of the teams involved in it.

Looking for some sort of omen bet in the cup tomorrow. What about #4? Name : BONdi Beach (at least the first 3 letters are the same!!).
And who did we beat to win our first flag in 62 years? Answer: The Bondi Beach Billionaires.
Clutching at straws but cannot find anything else. Perhaps a box trifecta of 1,10,20,16??
Any other thoughts (if anyone really cares)????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back