Werewolf Werewolf Game Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have a sub board we can all become engrossed in the second best fantasy game on BigFooty
WEREWOLF. I'd like this thread to be used to discuss all things werewolf, but stay away from talking about the current game and the people involved.

I'd like to see the Mayor role implemented, this role would be randomly given to someone. However do we only allow it to go to villagers with no roles or could it just go to anyone, meaning evil could in theory have a deciding vote? I'm thinking it simply needs to be given randomly and the mayor is anonymous until they are killed. The only issue we are going to have is if the mayor isn't around for a tied vote, in which case we would need a back-up.

Definitely agree we need a mayor.

I'm thinking a pre-game silent election could be the way to go. Everyone who signs up can send a PM to the mod with one name they vote for mayor. Mod can then keep the results private, and talk to the mayor privately in the event of a tied lynch. If the mayor doesn't respond, the Mod can go to the next on the list. Mayor can be kept private until the conclusion of the game, regardless of death, so as not to show allegiance to either side (players can make up their own minds who might be mayor)

This way the mayor can be good or evil, and can sway the results either way.

The other option in a tied vote scenario is to open the voting for say a further 30 minutes and you can only vote for the ones that tied. You could also then add any inactive voters into the lynching pool if you like.

The other option in a tied vote scenario is to open the voting for say a further 30 minutes and you can only vote for the ones that tied. You could also then add any inactive voters into the lynching pool if you like.
Too complicated for mine

Too complicated for mine
It's not complicated to post that everyone has to revote, even if only 4 people vote so be it. the game needs to keep moving otherwise it is boring. if after a revote it is still tied then we lynch both people.

Or have everyone vote for their top three, like the elections.

The Australian elections work that after the first set of votes are counted, the people that voted for them, their second option will be used, and so on and so forth.
OR
Just go with the people that didn't vote for the tied pair, and see where they voted.

Or have everyone vote for their top three, like the elections.

The Australian elections work that after the first set of votes are counted, the people that voted for them, their second option will be used, and so on and so forth.
OR
Just go with the people that didn't vote for the tied pair, and see where they voted.
our adding up is bad enough, having to do 3 2 1 is going to be more stressful. You could have a rotating role where someone like a "sherrif" gets an extra vote in the case of a tie. similar to having a mayor

our adding up is bad enough, having to do 3 2 1 is going to be more stressful. You could have a rotating role where someone like a "sherrif" gets an extra vote in the case of a tie. similar to having a mayor
It was suggested, and I thought about it, but how will the sheriff be nominated? Will this mean that people will need to vote at night?

It was suggested, and I thought about it, but how will the sheriff be nominated? Will this mean that people will need to vote at night?
I would have it as a random role generated at the start

I would have it as a random role generated at the start

On that, I think the roles should be randomly generated in all games.

I think it would be too hard for a game moderator not to try and 'script' the story with certain roles for certain posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it would be too hard for a game moderator not to try and 'script' the story with certain roles for certain posters.
I believe they are, it's what I did. The only role I scripted was the Witch, because it was such a fragile role that needed someone up to the challenge.

I believe they are, it's what I did. The only role I scripted was the Witch, because it was such a fragile role that needed someone up to the challenge.

How did you randomise the roles? I got the impression you chose the roles. If I'm wrong, apologies.

i always randomly generate roles, except the lovers which is selected by someone. most people when they get cupid try and match people up with whom they think would be interesting or funny like sog and leo .

I'm also thinking of adding in the Resurrector role, one person can select another to be revived at some point in the game. so lets say the juggilante is killed he could be revived at night allowing him to be involved again.

How did you randomise the roles? I got the impression you chose the roles. If I'm wrong, apologies.
random.org

I randomized the list, and it had and then with the roles, just started from the top and labelled the alpha wereboncer, the wereboncers and so forth,. The last 16 players are villagers.

I'm also thinking of adding in the Resurrector role, one person can select another to be revived at some point in the game. so lets say the juggilante is killed he could be revived at night allowing him to be involved again.
That's basically the witch, unless they can revive someone that dies ages ago.

I also think either the cap needs to be lower, or even have two games running at once.
Marlowe suggested this in the game, ClarkeM will have to enforce it in the next game, max. of about 20 in a game. This means that we could have two MODs, for each game. But I think we should have 1 signup thread, as the who they play with should also be randomized, also no one would want to play with me as MOD again.

Marlowe suggested this in the game, ClarkeM will have to enforce it in the next game, max. of about 20 in a game. This means that we could have two MODs, for each game. But I think we should have 1 signup thread, as the who they play with should also be randomized, also no one would want to play with me as MOD again.
It's good you had a go though mate.

I would like to call one village 'the survivors' and the other one 'the others'. Throw in a smoke monster and some polar bears and you got yourself a game!

you've done fine akkaps, the extra roles you added just made it difficult to keep track of. the game is just as fun with the simple , wolf, seer, jugilante and killerbeez roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back