NFL When Will Carolina Win a Game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2004
El Sobrante
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NBA:Houston NFL:Carolina
I've been around these forums for a little while but I have hardly posted at all, mainly due to my inferior knowledge of the entire league and my complete bias for the Panthers. We've had a few good seasons reaching the Superbowl and then being "delhommed" against Arizona in 08, and ever since Delhomme's elbow injury Carolina has struggled with their quarterbacks til the present date. But after last seasons dismal effort and the whole Peppers saga we've finally hit rock bottom, leaving us with (i think) the youngest team in the league where the only positives are our running backs that can't do anything as they are constantly getting pummeled because of our struggling O-Line. The future looks grim, and we have a tough run coming up so when do you think we'll win a game? Here's a look at our upcoming schedule.

@ New Orleans - oh man.
Chicago - they're rolling right now
49ers - who know which 49ers will show up, but they're still better than us
@ St Louis - Improving
New Orleans - AGAIN, oh the pain
@ Tampa Bay - Maybe?
Baltimore - Don't think so.

Do you guys think we are a chance in any of these games? And do you think we'll get a win before the other 0-3 teams which are:

Detroit - Our only hope
San Fran - Dont think so
Buffalo - maybe
Cleveland - Don't think so

Against the 49ers, because they are a rabble!
At least you're not the browns or the bills...

I saw JD. I'm not to sure though, right now I'm confident in tipping them for 16 each week in the AE comp! But we'll see. I do agree though, if we can get our backs moving it'll sure help.

@ Inbetween: I still think the 49er's will beat us, just not confident at all at the moment. Probably right about not being the Browns or Bills though. I have this weird feeling that the Browns will get up over the Bengals this week tho, call me crazy..

I'd say you were better than Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland. Should end up with a better record at the end of the season than those three imo. Carolina's first win should come against either San Francisco who about your level or the Rams who are improving as you said but that doesn't make them good, a win is there to be taken.

No hope in New Orleans unfortunately. With a Saints side aching from that close loss against the Falcons, I don't see them losing that one.

Cleveland @ Buffalo, week 14. :p

aka the Battle for Andrew Luck.

Which is the bigger blockbuster: Buffalo-Carolina or St. Louis-Oakland? :p

Well there were some delusional fans that thought the four R's (Raiders, Rams, Redskins, Ravens) would top their divs so it has to be the potential Superbowl match up St.Louis @ Oakland :p

In JD's new Power Rankings 'Depth Chart' on the Ae website, I've nailed the Panthers in the bottom 4.. have been really disaappointing and until they show improvement, they'll stay LOW. Not buying JD's opinion that the Saints game is a danger game.. that's a tip for the undefeated Marklar33. Who is possibily too hangover to submit his picks in this week.. :D

Well there were some delusional fans that thought the four R's (Raiders, Rams, Redskins, Ravens) would top their divs so it has to be the potential Superbowl match up St.Louis @ Oakland :p

Not sure any Raiders fans are that delusional.....but i could be wrong!

No way the Rams can win the division.......:eek:

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unless Clausen has a miracle game or we get our running game going and stop fumbling...

Firstly, if there's any team that can make a third grade QB look half decent it's the New Orleans Saints. We have form.

Secondly, we need to keep possession if we want to prevent having the ball rammed down our throat. 2.7 avg yds/carry with our best two backs playing doesn't bode well for players like Betts and Ivory.

If the Panthers are to stand a chance it will be your D that wins it for you. Despite the changes they are still a very capable D.

TBH, I'm surprised Carolina fans aren't seeing this game as a huge opportunity to get back into the division race.

WOO HOO!! Take that san fran!

champagne.jpg

Congrats Osmodiar.. I think it's also time to disclose the fact that you didn't pick the Panthers this week nor any other week for that matter. ;)

Reacher won the ND comp last season using that principal on his beloved Brownies but isn't fairing as well this campaign. Reacher btw is 0/2 when he picks his Browns and 2/4 when he picks against them. Didn't tip Week 6.

Thanks Woodson, I must say I've actually been picking most of my 3kxo winners against my Panthers, they are just mightily bad this season. I may have to start tipping them though, but at the moment it's kind of negating the disappointment factor for me. But I spose, if a Browns fan can do it then anyone can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back