Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 8th

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Out of the 8

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant our percentage is worse than the rest at the end of the scenario.

It was mostly in jest as it would be such a Richmond thing to finish 9th from 3rd three weeks earlier.

I think we are more likely to finish 3rd and play Geelong.
You make it sound like it's a regular thing, the only such a Richmond thing that annoys me is that when we have a finals spot wrapped up we take the foot of the gas.

2013: 4 games clear with 3 to go, lose by 10 pts to carlton in next game which in the end cost us top 4.
2015: 2 games and plenty of % clear with 2 to go, we then take the foot off and cruise to the finals with lacklustre 37 and 41 pt wins over mentally screwed essendon and half a team out lolnorf.

I don't want get the job done wins in these last two games i want send a message wins.

Heres a couple of relevant expressions for the pessimists out there....
"past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance"
"even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days"
I dont care how many times we have failed before, this year we are in with a chance and all we need is a little luck
We will likely finish the season fourth or possibly third with some luck.
Bring on finals. This is our year.

"past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance"
you could easily say that works the opposite way though, and that our 'good' performances against the top 4 this year (although they were in reality mostly poor but lets say good for arguments sake) cant be taken as a reliable indicator that we will do 'good' next time, instead of getting smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I disagree, the weight of expectation will be on Adelaide's shoulders. We go there with a free hit for a prelim. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. It would be very Richmond to cause one of the biggest upsets in recent history.
I'd put money on us if we were drawn together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The weight of expectation was on Port's shoulders in 2014 and they destroyed us in EF at Adelaide oval. Couldn't think of anything worse than playing there again in week one of the finals this year against the crows, who beat us by 80 points earlier in the year! Finishing 3rd and playing the Giants would be an easier task IMO

Great analysis. I hadn't recognised just how lucky we were to still be in the hunt for a top 4 spot. It's easy to forget that we had 15 win seasons in 2013 and 2015, and they were only good enough for a 5th place finish. So, this year is "just another" 15 win season that, combined with our poor percentage, says a lot about where we are really at as a football team.

Cheers.

Dave P.
IIRC this was explained on the squiggle thread, basically before GC and GWS entered and gave everyone an extra easy beat for a few years, so you needed 16 wins to make top 4 when previously you actually only needed 14 or 15. This year, at least GWS have been competitive, and the entire competition has closed up, so there are less free wins. Ladder position is the best indicator because teams do it against the same competition. 2013 or 15 we were the 5th best teams, and this year we are probably the 4th best team

Finish 5 th play drugs in Elim

I must admit, coming 5th is starting to look appealing.

If we're 4th, it'll probably be Adelaide over there, followed by Sydney at the G...Probably the 2 scariest teams in the 8, and I doubt being at the G would faze Sydney much.

Finish 5 th play drugs in Elim
drugs arent making it

I must admit, coming 5th is starting to look appealing.

If we're 4th, it'll probably be Adelaide over there, followed by Sydney at the G...Probably the 2 scariest teams in the 8, and I doubt being at the G would faze Sydney much.
We will beat Sydney if Miles, Prestia, Caddy and Griffith all play that day. They are our bunnies and are just too slow !

We'd s**t it in

We win both and we are finishing 3rd, pies will beat cats on saturday and then they will have 4th to themselves.

Also why are people assuming Sydney will finish 5th, there is nothing between them and the power and will come down to margins in their games.
Adelaide will probably roll Sydney but if we get 3rd that doesn't help us

Back