Analysis Whipping Boys - 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Oleg is our new potential whipping boy. Rumour has it he kicked Charlie Dean in the injured foot to ensure a spot opened up for him. You might think that ruthless….but it was in reality done out of desperation so I’m prepared to forgive him. If he hadn’t done what he did he might be a Carlton player by now. With that threat hanging over ones head, of course anybody would go to extreme measures and be perfectly justified doing so.
Forgive him? If he's intentionally injured his teammate, we should salute him for his extreme levels of mongrel.

I've been advised that I have lost the generational plot and I should read this

In short, mongrelness is beyond generation z. They see strength in perms and empathy. They are going to negotiate their way to a premiership using their social media skills. I can't wait....
Some people need to look more closely at words. Empathetic.

Aii good points....i think we can all understand his desperation if he stood on dean's foot.

We shouldnt forget that he's a gold coast reject and a richmond discard.

A thing that complicates matters is that he was being trained up as a little johnny noble replacement.....as is the hyphen.... run off half back.... who can take the role of running and getting caught? i'd throw the three of them back in the pond.

Aii good points....i think we can all understand his desperation if he stood on dean's foot.

We shouldnt forget that he's a gold coast reject and a richmond discard.

A thing that complicates matters is that he was being trained up as a little johnny noble replacement.....as is the hyphen.... run off half back.... who can take the role of running and getting caught? i'd throw the three of them back in the pond.
They've put Charlie Dean on something called an inactive list. I assume that Murley, WHE, Ruscoe and Bianco are also on the inactive list?

They've put Charlie Dean on something called an inactive list. I assume that Murley, WHE, Ruscoe and Bianco are also on the inactive list?

You can live in hope. If we can pay grundee to play for another team, surely we can pay these guys to just stay away from the club. Call it protection money. I'm sure the bianco family would be well acquainted with the concept.

You can live in hope. If we can pay grundee to play for another team, surely we can pay these guys to just stay away from the club. Call it protection money. I'm sure the bianco family would be well acquainted with the concept.
The only problem is that Bianco can't perform his one role of making coffee for the team if he stays away from the club. Same with Ruscoe and his whoopee cushion gags role.

The only problem is that Bianco can't perform his one role of making coffee for the team if he stays away from the club. Same with Ruscoe and his whoopee cushion gags role.

So true....wouldnt it be nice if derek recruited barristas and comedians who could actually play the game....

I just remembered another key ruscoe role. He picks up his team-mates when they fall over during play. He's really committed to it. He doesnt like going in hard but he sure likes yanking at his team-mates. Its funny how some players will be so keen to follow team rules and assist team-mates to get on their feet, but they dont bother to follow team rules and try to get the ball. I suppose thats a peculiarity of the current generation..selective comprehension

That fin macrae guy doesnt get mentioned much. Is he in a father son slot like Ned jnr and his dad? The fly must have sowed some oats when he was playing for the bears. Anyway, the fin seems to be untouchable. I noticed he's contracted for next year and he hasnt played a decent game yet. I'm starting to wonder how many players on the list have father's working for the club. I mean you can have a father son and the kid doesnt have to have the same surname as the father. Derek, for example, might have a number of sons on the list. He's been in the game for a while and he spends a lot of time having tea and bikkies with players' mothers all over australia. Not that I've got any evidence. It would just explain a lot of those weird draft picks in the past.

That fin macrae guy doesnt get mentioned much. Is he in a father son slot like Ned jnr and his dad? The fly must have sowed some oats when he was playing for the bears. Anyway, the fin seems to be untouchable. I noticed he's contracted for next year and he hasnt played a decent game yet. I'm starting to wonder how many players on the list have father's working for the club. I mean you can have a father son and the kid doesnt have to have the same surname as the father. Derek, for example, might have a number of sons on the list. He's been in the game for a while and he spends a lot of time having tea and bikkies with players' mothers all over australia. Not that I've got any evidence. It would just explain a lot of those weird draft picks in the past.
I disagree that you don't have any evidence. There's no way a non-relative would have drafted Isaac Chugg.

I disagree that you don't have any evidence. There's no way a non-relative would have drafted Isaac Chugg.

well who knows what the parents ( or even the player ) have offered to Derek to be picked up. The scope for funny business is obvious.... Chuggy has moved to Wonthaggi as the team orange cutter. I hope he is successful although some people have expressed their fears about putting him in charge of a knife....

well who knows what the parents ( or even the player ) have offered to Derek to be picked up. The scope for funny business is obvious.... Chuggy has moved to Wonthaggi as the team orange cutter. I hope he is successful although some people have expressed their fears about putting him in charge of a knife....
I think it's important to remember with both Chugg and Murley, Dekka didn't just draft them once. They got delisted at the end of their first year when the coaches had become nauseous from watching their pitifulness. Dekka then snubbed the coaches decision and drafted them for a second time. That kind of outrageous behaviour from Dekka has to be about more than bribes. They've got to be his kids.

I think it's important to remember with both Chugg and Murley, Dekka didn't just draft them once. They got delisted at the end of their first year when the coaches had become nauseous from watching their pitifulness. Dekka then snubbed the coaches decision and drafted them for a second time. That kind of outrageous behaviour from Dekka has to be about more than bribes. They've got to be his kids.

ok...thats enough for me. We need to introduce genetic testing for the draftees. Tell Derek that we're doing it because there's a gene that has a direct correlation to being from a "good family"....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok...thats enough for me. We need to introduce genetic testing for the draftees. Tell Derek that we're doing it because there's a gene that has a direct correlation to being from a "good family"....
Also tell him that genetic testing will accurately identify birthdays and that many young hopefuls are faking December birthdays to trick him onto drafting them. Plus we'll be able to more accurately identify exposure to elite pathways - it must be bloody difficult for him to ascertain the quality of the footpaths that kids have walked on.

Also tell him that genetic testing will accurately identify birthdays and that many young hopefuls are faking December birthdays to trick him onto drafting them. Plus we'll be able to more accurately identify exposure to elite pathways - it must be bloody difficult for him to ascertain the quality of the footpaths that kids have walked on.

and then just to top it off, tell him that genetic testig is going to save him a ton of time so he'll be able to do more in-depth interviews with cal twomey and the SEN boys....

I hope you mean that Derek can continue to avoid any kid who’s been anywhere near an elite pathway, because Derek hates those pathways. He’s allergic to them. They make him itchy.

We want our kids to be exposed to…some other kind of pathway into the AFL. Derek knows what I’m talking about. Sier being an excellent example of the latter. And look how successful he was.

I hope you mean that Derek can continue to avoid any kid who’s been anywhere near an elite pathway, because Derek hates those pathways. He’s allergic to them. They make him itchy.

We want our kids to be exposed to…some other kind of pathway into the AFL. Derek knows what I’m talking about. Sier being an excellent example of the latter. And look how successful he was.
Yep. We need kids who've done a lot of walking on pot-holed footpaths - I think the undulating surfaces makes their ankles stronger - or something. Whatever the reason, the quality of footpaths near their house are really important.

Sier had a basketball background that Hine loves, but tried to play that down with a fake name.

Yep. We need kids who've done a lot of walking on pot-holed footpaths - I think the undulating surfaces makes their ankles stronger - or something. Whatever the reason, the quality of footpaths near their house are really important.
I think we need to put a line through any 16yo kids who haven't done Kokoda

A whip for Peter Daicos's wife.

Nick was born on Jan 3. Imagine how good he would have been if she had have pushed him out 4 days earlier - in December. Peter deserves a whip too, he really should have insisted on a cesarian.

i'm not sure if i'd support a whip to be taken to mrs. daicos......she's a bit of a favourite of mine. After what I saw in the last week, I've definitely put her before madonna on my "not to be taken to with anything sharp" list...

i'm not sure if i'd support a whip to be taken to mrs. daicos......she's a bit of a favourite of mine. After what I saw in the last week, I've definitely put her before madonna on my "not to be taken to with anything sharp" list...
That's all well and good, but if we've learnt anything from Dekka it's that being born in December makes you a 15% better footballer - it probably would have given Nick the mongrel that is his one weakness. And let's not forget that she's allowed her son's to become plant based milk enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back