Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fortunate to go to the 1979, 1981 and 82 and 87 And 95 winning grand finals . Being a VFL Waverley member always guaranteed a ticket .
And if you can count , that's 5.
And , dare I say, more than any Collingwood supporter around these parts have seen.
It certainly is.

There is no doubt you had a great run from 68 to 82 and then snagged a couple in 87 & 95.

Its been a glorious run since then though.

Carlton v. St. Kilda rivalry - the results are in:

1707537125626.png

The good news is - Carlton supporters will see their team in finals more often and also see more finals wins.

However, the news is not so good with regard to premierships and spoons.

But there will be plenty of #1 Draft picks!

I was fortunate to go to the 1979, 1981 and 82 and 87 And 95 winning grand finals . Being a VFL Waverley member always guaranteed a ticket .
And if you can count , that's 5.
And , dare I say, more than any Collingwood supporter around these parts have seen.
There might be a few of us in our 70's and 80's that can match that. So I would rephrase that to most Collingwood supporters however I know a few Carlton supporters in their early 30s who cant recall a single premiership. Thats a little sad for such a great club.

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
They love to talk about years and years ago, so lets go there.

Way back then Collingwood had some good teams, we just never quite were good enough, but we were still looked at as one of the powerhouse clubs.
Now, we are still just like way back then, but now we have started winning a couple, still a powerhouse club.

Carlton were a powerhouse club way back then, now they are a shell, they are the St.Kilda of that era, actually, no, they are worse than St.kilda.

Way back then Collingwood had some good teams, we just never quite were good enough, but we were still looked at as one of the powerhouse clubs.
Now, we are still just like way back then, but now we have started winning a couple, still a powerhouse club.

Carlton were a powerhouse club way back then, now they are a shell, they are the St.Kilda of that era, actually, no, they are worse than St.kilda.
Yep, and their ex-president mocked them. Now they ARE them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 65 years Pies have won 3 flags, us 8 (I have been around for all of them)

I know who is closer to the Saints in output over that period
Thats fair enough. However my brother the blues supporter is 48 years old. He doesnt recall the 79, 81 or 82 games. So for him its 87 and 95 being the only 2 premierships he can recall. He would be older then the average aged Carlton supporter. Thats a pretty sad record for most Carlton supporters. Sure if you are 70 there's some great memories. However most Carlton fans (I know a lot) would kill for a Collingwood 21 century football experience.

Carlton were only good because they had a good zone, our zone was rubbish, we made all those GFs through true grit

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've had Brisbane, Hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond in the 21st century yet Pies fans are trying to refer to themselves as a powerhouse club still 😂😂😂
There is no doubt those 4 clubs have been the dominant forces this century.

While we have won only 2 flags in that time, we have played in 6 grand finals and 4 other prelims, as well as made the finals in other years.

I suppose 2 flags out of that lot is not a great strike rate, but it sure beats being a 5 spoon winning irrelevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back