Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Are you joking? They are highly skilled players who often display remarkable skill.

Ask Brisbane supporters.
Yeah, not as if it is unusual for N.Daicos or Bobby Hill to kick a quality goal or two.

Ask Melbourne fans, Port fans, Essendon fans....they do it most weeks

I dunno, I have seen Collingwood swarm and kick plenty of goals like that - including clutch ones - over the past couple of years. If you think they save it for Carlton games exclusively, you just aren't watching enough Collingwood.
Yep I must not watch Collingwood

Much like you were every chance to knock off Collingwood. Until you didn’t. Good teams won’t lose to Carlton this year unless they’re missing key players like the Giants were
So other teams missing key players we count? But Carlton having key players out just isn't relevant?

We beat GWS and will be every chance to knock off one or two of Sydney and Melbourne.

You beat them without one of the top three key defenders in the competition. Some have Taylor number one he's that good.

And please don't try and compare depth players in McGovern or Saad to a legitimate stopper who would blanket McKay or Curnow.
GWS will knock you off in the finals (if you meet then). Battle-hardened list ready to challenge for a premiership.

Carlton on the other hand, up to their eyeballs to just make finals for the second time in a decade.

Much like you were every chance to knock off Collingwood. Until you didn’t. Good teams won’t lose to Carlton this year unless they’re missing key players like the Giants were

GWS lost to Carlton missing key players. That doesn't make them any less of a contender.

Carltons best can beat anyone you would be stupid to suggest it wasn't good enough to compete with all of those sides. It's just becoming more and more obvious like last year it won't be sustained for long enough to make top 4 and therefore give themselves the best shot at a flag.

Charlie Curnow got absolutely slaughtered by Darcy Moore. I thought Darce couldn’t defend and King Curnow would kick a bag
Need to wait til R21, if Pies are flying again and it is a dead rubber, when Pies have locked in top spot, Charlie might decide to "turn it on"...against a team that was going through the motions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton supporters have been telling me their depth is unmatched so it shouldn’t worry you if a couple 10-20 ranked players miss games
Who said Carlton's depth was unmatched? And a couple? I wish Carlton only had a couple of outs. I pray every night for only a couple of outs.

You beat them without one of the top three key defenders in the competition. Some have Taylor number one he's that good.

And please don't try and compare depth players in McGovern or Saad to a legitimate stopper who would blanket McKay or Curnow.
GWS will knock you off in the finals (if you meet then). Battle-hardened list ready to challenge for a premiership.

Carlton on the other hand, up to their eyeballs to just makefinals for the second time in a decade.

If you think McGovern and Saad amongst others are depth players there is no point in engaging in discussion.

Carlton supporters have been telling me their depth is unmatched so it shouldn’t worry you if a couple 10-20 ranked players miss games
Cerra, Cunningham and Fantasia(ha) were back from injury anyway, while the Pies lost JDG and Mitchell. So it evened up and that's why Carlton became sizeable favourites.

Collingwood exceeded expectation tonight, or Carlton under delivered - these are really the only possibilities.

Carlton on the other hand, up to their eyeballs to just make finals for the second time in a decade.
McGovern and Saad depth players haha

The question was asked, and now it's been comprehensively answered.

My mate Peter with a loving message to all the Carlton supporters in this thread 😘

wOsdAnQ.gif

Smart coaching tonight by Collingwood- flooded the contests all night and strangled Carlton to death.
Good win for the Pies.

Oh and well done kidGOAT kicking that goal when it mattered - excellent bit of footy.

Noticing a lot of happy Collingwwooders in here now- shame on you for being peahaeart s before the game but no surprises.

If you think McGovern and Saad amongst others are depth players there is no point in engaging in discussion.

McGovern is not a key defender. 6ft'3 utility but again, you bring him in and how do you play all these talls as you already have a slow team. Particularly the midfield.
Interesting to see how Voss gets around this.

Back