Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

More so "the best team lost! We would've absolutely belted you if we could kick at goal! We'll thrash you next time! we have half of our sides best 22 out! The umpires decided this result anyway! Geelong were lucky, that's all! They're still no good!" as an angry and repeated collection of taunts. It really just lacked tact as Geelong supporters were not rubbing it in. The second any of this was labelled whinging, you guessed it...the whinging and doubling down on each of these excuses amplified.

You might expect to get this from one or two salty supporters each game. But not a wave of them i.e a consensus.

That game was Geelong's from start to finish, never had to get out of 2nd gear, laughable reaction from the Blues fans

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

More so "the best team lost! We would've absolutely belted you if we could kick at goal! We'll thrash you next time! we have half of our sides best 22 out! The umpires decided this result anyway! Geelong were lucky, that's all! They're still no good!" as an angry and repeated collection of taunts. It really just lacked tact as Geelong supporters were not rubbing it in. The second any of this was labelled whinging, you guessed it...the whinging and doubling down on each of these excuses amplified.

You might expect to get this from one or two salty supporters each game. But not a wave of them i.e a consensus.
Once again that happens in a lot of threads. Essendon/Adelaide game was filled with comments about how umpiring won Essendon the game. If you only see it with Carlton supporters then there is no point having this discussion

Again, this is very rudimentary logic you're applying.

Calling out a few cry babies is in no way related to whether I like or rate (for what it's worth, I do like this Carlton side and have had them top 4 all season - both searchable in my post history) a club. Whereas Walsh'sDecent is absolutely foaming at the mouth regarding Geelong (the club) especially since recent events. Tears, tears and more tears. And that's all I'm calling out. I'm not going around saying Carlton are going to miss the 8 like a few others. I have consistently said they will pull it back.
The thread title mate

We'll need to see what occurs over the coming weeks.

Who will be better at whinging? We have some more evidence for this.
I'm tipping you won't last long with your constant trolling but there is a thread title here and it's not called Lets Troll Carlton Supporters.

I'm tipping you won't last long with your constant trolling but there is a thread title here and it's not called Lets Troll Carlton Supporters.
This sounds like whinging, don't worry I expect report buttons and thread bans from the main cry babies being called out. Maybe just take your own advice and talk about the thread title topic.

All I'm seeing is a truckload of "You are ignoring content by this member"

Is he still whinging?

Any chance we ever get back to Carlton vs Collingwood related chat?
Sure, mate. Happy to oblige and keep calling out your whinging, now that "you can't see anything".

I'm fairly sure you'll monitor your crying from now on despite your protestations.

That's because Carlton fans take it to a new level every year

You lose these games because your players and coaches are dumb, got nothing to do with injuries/umpires

Amusing
emoji897.png

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They recruit injury prone players - Martin, Marchbank, McGovern, Williams, Fantasia.

And then spend all season sooking that Martin, Marchbank, McGovern, Williams, Fantasia are injured.....again.

Laughable.

Damm...
The last 3 pages are an absolutely masterful posting display from Mr Meow.
He's come into the thread and lobbed grenades everywhere. He's left a trail of absolute destruction. The floor of the thread is now covered in limbless bleeding Carlton supporters crying for their mummas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They recruit injury prone players - Martin, Marchbank, McGovern, Williams, Fantasia.

And then spend all season sooking that Martin, Marchbank, McGovern, Williams, Fantasia are injured.....again.

Laughable.

Regurgitating the same material from 2022, Carlton and Essendon thread and why the finish higher?

Go on, give me some more "analysis" from a neutral supporter

Sure, mate. Happy to oblige and keep calling out your whinging, now that "you can't see anything".

I'm fairly sure you'll monitor your crying from now on despite your protestations.

Let me get this right, you are only here to call people out, but only levelled at one supporter group?

Let me get this right, you are only here to call people out, but only levelled at one supporter group?
I have picked out the worst offenders from this topic as far as excuse-making, deflecting, whinging and moaning - they just all happen to be Carlton supporters. The Pies supporters are making fun of you, which I don't consider to be miserable whinging.

The bolded victim complex - "what about the OTHER supporters, man! Leave my boys alone" - would also classify as whinging. Which falls under the whole Carlton cop unfair treatment category - even their poor supporters.

The Carlton supporters who have simply moved on with balanced posting and fair statements have not been accused of whinging. And there have been plenty.

It ruins a potentially fun topic like this when one sub section are stuck going "waaahhhh! wahhhh!! wahhhh!!". All that's changed is those tears have been redirected away from Collingwood supporters to me.

I have picked out the worst offenders from this topic as far as excuse-making, deflecting, whinging and moaning - they just all happen to be Carlton supporters. The Pies supporters are making fun of you, which I don't consider to be miserable whinging.

The bolded victim complex - "what about the OTHER supporters, man! Leave my boys alone" - would also classify as whinging. Which falls under the whole Carlton cop unfair treatment category - even their poor supporters.

The Carlton supporters who have simply moved on with balanced posting and fair statements have not been accused of whinging. And there have been plenty.

It ruins a potentially fun topic like this when one sub section are stuck going "waaahhhh! wahhhh!! wahhhh!!". All that's changed is those tears have been redirected away from Collingwood supporters to me.

So it does confirm my post, that you are only here to call out, a few, from one supporter base

Did you just stumble across this thread recently, missing some of the content when Pies had lost 3 games?

This thread is mostly playful banter with the occasional hint of troll by the same select minority spread across all supporter bases

How long should one focus on driving home a one-sided rhetoric?

Clearly missed the great Curnow whinge of 2024. Funny that
You've missed the whole Hawkins career whinge. And Selwood. And a million other things including Geelong being the most umpire petted side in the league. With a cheat ground! It doesn't mean I tailor my whinge levels to the biggest opposition supporter cry babies. That is actually more pathetic than simply whinging because you genuinely feel screwed over.

You've missed the whole Hawkins career whinge. And Selwood. And a million other things including Geelong being the most umpire petted side in the league. With a cheat ground! It doesn't mean I tailor my whinge levels to the biggest opposition supporter cry babies. That is actually more pathetic than simply whinging because you genuinely feel screwed over.
You have literally made my whole point. Every supporter base complains about these things - you picking on one is simply ridiculous.

So it does confirm my post, that you are only here to call out, a few, from one supporter base

Did you just stumble across this thread recently, missing some of the content when Pies had lost 3 games?

This thread is mostly playful banter with the occasional hint of troll by the same select minority spread across all supporter bases

How long should one focus on driving home a one-sided rhetoric?
I am pointing out the biggest cry babies, indiscriminately. Send some recent Collingwood supporter nominees and I am more than happy to take them on board.

If you think there is Curnow whinging from Pies supporters, it is NOTHING compared to the salty Carlton work about the kid Daicos.

I am mostly just responding to people begging me to stop ridiculing Carlton supporters whinging at this point. If the master plan was to double down on the complaining to shoo me away, it actually has a sprinkle of genius about it. Stick with what you're good at.

If you're still triggered about content regarding the Cats, perhaps there are other threads for you to vent

You have literally made my whole point. Every supporter base complains about these things - you picking on one is simply ridiculous.
You literally didn't understand mine. That you shouldn't defend being the biggest cry babies in the league simply because you get some supporters from each club that do the same. It's a lazy way to look at it. If you are world leaders at something, you will rightly receive recognition.

For instance I have never seen a supporter base so vocally whinge about being called whingers. It is being turned into a fresh victim complex in real time.

If you're still triggered about content regarding the Cats, perhaps there are other threads for you to vent
Merely giving them their own medicine, for points I absolutely don't care about. You guys don't deal well with hypotheticals. Showing how ridiculous it is to whinge about umpiring, injuries or players "because everybody else does it". It doesn't mean you have to start whinging the loudest yourself.

I am pointing out the biggest cry babies, indiscriminately. Send some recent Collingwood supporter nominees and I am more than happy to take them on board.
Again, it must be selective reading on your behalf, if anyone truly needs to highlight that content for you

If you think there is Curnow whinging from Pies supporters, it is NOTHING compared to the salty Carlton work about the kid Daicos.
You must be talking about about another thread, where all supporter bases contribute, yet you still seemed focused on one club

I am mostly just responding to people begging me to stop ridiculing Carlton supporters whinging at this point. If the master plan was to double down on the complaining to shoo me away, it actually has a sprinkle of genius about it. Stick with what you're good at.

Post whatever you like, but if you're prepared to focus on content for a single supporter base, others are just as entitled to call you out

Back