Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

It is pity.

The poor 30 year old Carlton fan that has never seen their team have a top4 finish, and has to suffer through stories of how they used to be a power by parents / older relatives.

Poor buggers.

So you now go back through history when it suits

8>3 and plenty of us here that remember those GFs

Those poor Pie supporters

I do believe the question was asked by a pies poster who incidentally brought up the history of Collingwood. Rinse and repeat my friend, rinse and repeat
Yes as said, Carlton fans not accepting they are minnows now makes the thread go round.

Pies fans...we always finish higher, this year, next year will be no different.

Carlton fans, have you forgotten about that thing that happened 50 years ago.

Rinse and repeat.

Yes as said, Carlton fans not accepting they are minnows now makes the thread go round.

Pies fans...we always finish higher, this year, next year will be no different.

Carlton fans, have you forgotten about that thing that happened 50 years ago.

Rinse and repeat.
I don't think you will ever shut the phuc up even if Carlton do finish above Collingwood this year so what's your point exactly ?

Ok , the facts are Carlton are 5 wins over Collingwood in grand finals. There is not 1 Collingwood supporter alive that can say they've seen Collingwood beat Carlton in a GF. Narrative Schmarrative
Who cares? We're king of the comp over the comp's history. Fact.

Like it or lump it wormy.

I don't think you will ever shut the phuc up even if Carlton do finish above Collingwood this year
Indeed, I would be shocked.

Iso what's your point exactly
We are in the 21st century, professional AFL era now. Pies are reigning premiers and beat Carlton in our last match-up.

Try and go a few posts without drifting back to 20th century ancient VFL era s**t. You guys cant help yourself.

Dont blame you, I would probably prefer to focus on former glories if I followed an AFL minnow too.

That is what makes the thread go round, rinse and repeat.

We are in the 21st century, professional AFL era now. Pies are reigning premiers and beat Carlton in our last match-up.

Try and go a few posts without drifting back to 20th century ancient VFL era s**t. You guys cant help yourself.

Dont blame you, I would probably prefer to focus on former glories if I followed an AFL minnow too.

Well Dopple, if anyone wants to go back to wherever or to now or anywhere in between, we're the kings - can't be disputed.

Enjoy the past and enjoy the now I say.

We knocked off Collingwood last year and you all claim dead rubber. Always something with you clowns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Dopple, if anyone wants to go back to wherever or to now or anywhere in between, we're the kings - can't be disputed.

Enjoy the past and enjoy the now I say.
Very much enjoying the Fly era.

Poor Carlton buggers stuck in the past, Fitzroy and Melbourne used to be VFL powerhouses too.

Have you checked the Pies record before the turn of the century, obviously not.
Average of a Grand Final appearance every 3 years.

That's a lot if games of football won, and not many spoons and bottom 4 finishes.

Carlton have 'won' more than twice as many spoons since the turn of the century than Collingwood have in their history.

I might look into how many bottom 4 finishes Collingwood have had in their history... than would be an interesting analysis...

Average of a Grand Final appearance every 3 years.

That's a lot if games of football won, and not many spoons and bottom 4 finishes.

Carlton have 'won' more than twice as many spoons since the turn of the century than Collingwood have in their history.

I might look into how many bottom 4 finishes Collingwood have had in their history... than would be an interesting analysis...
See you deviated from my timeline again, don't you like it when someone picks a timeline that suits them?

So Carlton are more efficient when converting GFs

43 to 29 appearances, same number of flags
Correct. Why waste time winning when we know we can rocket into the GF and scoop it up ;)

Pies just spray and pray.

See you deviated from my timeline again, don't you like it when someone picks a timeline that suits them?
Analysis completed.

Excluding war time, Collingwood have had 12 x Bottom 4 finishes in their history. That includes eras when there were only 8, 10 and 12 teams in the competition.

Since the turn of the century, when there have been minimum 16 teams in the competition, Carlton have had 9 x bottom 4 finishes.

Wowee.

Back