Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Cincotta practically beating your 'Norm Smith medalist' one-on-one.
Let's drill down on this a bit...

How does a player 'practically beat' another player?

Why is 'Norm Smith Medalist' in quotation marks?

If Cincotta beat Hill, that's great for Carlton.

But the strength of the Collingwood side, and why they have been as good as they have for so long, is that we don't rely on a small number of goalkickers to get us over the line.

In our game against Carlton, we had 10 individual goalkickers.

We lost two of them for our game against West Coast, and another injured early in that game.

But never fear....we still have 10 individual goalkickers, 3 of whom didn't play the week prior. Including a debutant and a second gamer.

But the strength of the Collingwood side, and why they have been as good as they have for so long, is that we don't rely on a small number of goalkickers to get us over the line.

We lost two of them for our game against West Coast, and another injured early in that game.

But never fear....we still have 10 individual goalkickers, 3 of whom didn't play the week prior. Including a debutant and a second gamer.

I raise the point, not to talk down Hill, but to point out that Carlton's bottom six are not as terrible as you often make them out to be.

In that late run of wins (that late run you try oh so hard to discredit with any and every reason under the sun), we had Walsh struggling to get on the park. Harry with his poor goal-kicking. Crippa far from his 2022 Brownlow form. etc.

Despite not accounting for much (like I know you would say and nitpick), I really test you to enlighten me here.

Even if the opposition were to have failed or refuse (as you liked to think which borders on laughable) to show up against them, Carlton still had to do something in order to produce a winning result.

If our top 6 were so underwhelming, who exactly was leading the charge here? Which players?

It's hard to put brains in monuments, which is what Carlton have been for the last 20 years. But hey, they only count the last 60 years

This is a good point and both Collingwood and Carlton have actually been very strong in this area so far this season.

Average goal scorers per game in 2024:
1. Sydney (9.4)
2. Collingwood (8.3)
3. Carlton (8.3)
4. Western Bulldogs (8.1)
5. Port Adelaide (8.0)

AFL average is 7.5 per game in 2024.

EDIT: Out of interest I checked 2023 and Pies were #1 across the season with 8.6 per game. Carlton were #15 with 7.1 per game. So Pies have remained strong and Blues have improved.

This is a good point and both Collingwood and Carlton have actually been very strong in this area so far this season.

Average goal scorers per game in 2024:
1. Sydney (9.4)
2. Collingwood (8.3)
3. Carlton (8.3)
4. Western Bulldogs (8.1)
5. Port Adelaide (8.0)

AFL average is 7.5 per game in 2024.

EDIT: Out of interest I checked 2023 and Pies were #1 across the season with 8.6 per game. Carlton were #15 with 7.1 per game. So Pies have remained strong and Blues have improved.

Pies have plenty of options and their gamestyle lends to that with the number of rotations, even through the middle

We have started well, and given the focus on Harry and Charlie our numbers stack up well

I love it when they say we have won much in the last 60 years but then they mention the last 100 years. I guess it only concerns them when they want it to
Well in the last 100 years Carlton have never suffered the shame and disgrace of a grand final defeat three peat.

The same can't be said for Collingwood.;)

Outside of the Carlton grand final wins Richmond in 1980 is my most celebrated Pies grand final defeat.:D

Well in the last 100 years Carlton have never suffered the shame and disgrace of a grand final defeat three peat.

Outside of the Carlton grand final wins Richmond in 1980 is my most celebrated Pies grand final defeat.:D
I love all our defeats, it beats working on the production line at vissy in september like you blokes for the last 20 years and the 37 years we lost, that a lot of recycling

Achieving equality after a free run of 20 years is a great achievement for you Collingwooders.

The rest of the makeyuppy dribbly nonsense - a load of irrelevant codswallop designed to dress up an ugly bumbly manikin that is your Club.

That is what makes it all so funny reading this 'banter'.

Your mob has this year to try and jag #17 - after that it is a long long downhill slide - have a look at your ugly cousins over at Punt Rd if you want to see Collingwood's future.
1715593700558.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed.

It's far better to 'win' 3 spoons in 5 years, with a second last and 11th placed finish sandwiched in between.

That's far less shameful and disgraceful that finishing second three years in a row....

Why do I still like Carlton supporters after all the pain you've caused us. I really am a glutton for punishment. Except one day at waverley when we were pumping you and the Carlton supporters were leaving a bit early, when the siren sounded, I stood up and put both my hands in the air ans prick punched me in the guts, I threw up my pie and beer

The denial from blues fans is hilarious.

Apparently playing and winning finals don't count.

Funny that, pretty certain you need to win them to go all the way. But hey finals don't count. :confusedv1:
UH OH - another participation award person a PAP talking PAP!!

The denial from blues fans is hilarious.

Apparently playing and winning finals don't count.

Funny that, pretty certain you need to win them to go all the way. But hey finals don't count. :confusedv1:
And yet, all we've heard over the last 6 months is about their broken finals drought and their 'amazing' run in September that culminated in....

A Preliminary Final loss.

Wowee.

Indeed.

It's far better to 'win' 3 spoons in 5 years, with a second last and 11th placed finish sandwiched in between.

That's far less shameful and disgraceful that finishing second three years in a row....
There is no difference between participating and not winning irrespective of some irrelevant finishing position - it is a binary situation - one winner - the rest are losers.

I understand that in your world of "fudgeylogic" this is difficult thing to understand or even comprehend...but do keep trying

Back