Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

"Look at me Cripps" ...Lmao.

You've got Coxzilla running around looking more like some sort of deranged C3PO knockoff than human these days, Nicki boy with his Brownlow contract clause making sure to celebrate directly into a camera lens on the bench every time a goal is kicked, Maynard who tries to get involved in literally every fight going around despite ending a blokes career 9 months ago and Peroxide Moore with a hairdo so shite even SJW university protestors would be asking a few questions of his barber.
Very good Walshy, not even an edit needed!

robert de niro GIF

Words. Hot air. Bulldust. You've got nothing, if you were a man you would have named the flags.

You sacked three of your own for taking bribes, you rotten corrupt scoundrels. Their names were Doug Gillespie, Alex Lang and Doug Fraser. Your club says they were bribe takers.

Here's a history lesson for you, Collingwood invented the stab pass and 4 flags in a row, Carlton invented cheating the country zones. Your sleazy sponsor rorted every school and hospital in the country for profit for years and years, cheating money from children and the sick.

You're a sink of depravity and white-and-navy-bue-d sepulchre. Do not speak of any other club's flags, you stole at least 8.
Michael Richards Yes GIF

I really don't know who will finish higher but if the season keeps going on a knifes edge the way it is atm, I might finish higher than both

Every flag ever won by anyone any time is equally 'valid' - even the 4 your mob clearly cheated on. Whether the cheating your mob are infamous for makes the flags meritorious is another question.

No surprises though that a Collingwood supporter doesn't even know the history of his own Club.
'Every flag ever won by anyone any time is equally 'valid'' yet you claim we 'clearly' cheated in 4 of them.

What if the Pies suck the flag from Carlton
2025 will be our year anyway. I'll be away the entire footy season hiking the PCT in America so the kents will no doubt win it that year just to inflict more pain on my life before plummeting back down the ladder for another 30 years of misery.

Carlton would be 9th today if that free was paid!
Highly overrated team still being put up as flag contenders- ridiculous

Collingwood are about where they should be.

Pretty even as the ladder shows
Collingwood would have lost the GF if “that free” was paid - highly overrated team still being put up as flag contenders - rediculous.

Collingwood are about where they should be….

…. below Carlton :).

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far be it from me to stand up for a Blue flog but Owies is tremendous value for Carlton.

Can't be on a huge wage but regularly scores annoying goals, and has a dip even when it looks ridiculous or the games done.

Not as likeable as Cripps or Saad but i can see why they love him.

Something to be said for blokes with Heath Shaw-like intensity, who are too determined to realise when its time to give up.

Great melt lol, why don't you go and have a read about John Wren.
The bloke who gave us the TAB, who donate millions to charity and proved ordinary people could succeed in Australia? I've read heaps about him.

There's a lot more to Wren than the dishonest commo fraud Hardys utterly worthless book.

I mean if you get your "facts" from a Nana Mouskouri simp who defrauded Indigenous Australians you can't expect to be taken seriously.

Collingwood would have lost the GF if “that free” was paid
I assume by "that free" you are talking about Neale being tripped, and it was paid...one of the 22 the Lions received on the day to the Pies 16.

The umpires also gave the Lions advantage to get it into their F50 quickly before Pie numbers got back.

If they don't award advantage, and instead eventually stop play and reset to bring the ball back to Neale it would have given Pies the opportunity to flood back.

So it becomes a re-start with Neale 70m out and Collingwood with all 18 players back in D50.

Pretty simple scenario again for Pies to just kill the ball and then win stoppage to retain the footy like we did anyway.

Pies dominated the game, was just poor conversion that almost let the game slip.

Collingwood/Carlton Round 21 Saturday night game for the first time in a while it feels. Same time as Port/Syd which is a bit stupid from the AFL.

Collingwood/Carlton Round 21 Saturday night game for the first time in a while it feels. Same time as Port/Syd which is a bit stupid from the AFL.
hopefully it doesn't finish the same as last years rematch, that was so heartbreaking for me because we only won by under a goal. I actually felt the whole Carlton football clubs heart break at the same time,l it was terrible

hopefully it doesn't finish the same as last years rematch, that was so heartbreaking for me because we only won by under a goal. I actually felt the whole Carlton football clubs heart break at the same time,l it was terrible
Hopefully another dead rubber where the Pies have already locked in minor premiership and are just waiting for finals to start.

Suspect you're referring to 2022.

The 2023 return game was the dead rubber - no surprise you've forgotten about that one.

I actually quite enjoyed the Rd 20 matchup last year...

The bloke who gave us the TAB, who donate millions to charity and proved ordinary people could succeed in Australia? I've read heaps about him.

There's a lot more to Wren than the dishonest commo fraud Hardys utterly worthless book.

I mean if you get your "facts" from a Nana Mouskouri simp who defrauded Indigenous Australians you can't expect to be taken seriously.
4 flags is 25% of your total - I thought I'd just drop that in because I know a lot of you blokes have a bit of trouble with counting.

Back