Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s too Jenner Kardashian for my liking; but I do take your point.

Still we have a new Daicos awaiting us and a couple of Buckleys.
Let us hope that Nick is as good as the raps which are placed on him. Ayce the younger seems a feisty little fellow. He has promise. Haven't seen much of Jett recently but by all reports he is a very good kick when he showcases his skills.

Let us hope that Nick is as good as the raps which are placed on him. Ayce the younger seems a feisty little fellow. He has promise. Haven't seen much of Jett recently but by all reports he is a very good kick when he showcases his skills.
All three will have to make it on their own abilities. At least we get first dibs.

Just imagine Nick Daicos even say at 75% Peter level and we will be licking our chops.

At that level Saint, he'll be Didak!
Wow and I’d take that now.

If you’re reading this Nick, you don’t have to stop at Didak level, keeping going son, keep going...

Last edited:
I see on the Collingwood Player List Site they have him as a Key Forward

I see him with his Athleticism like a Poor Man's Darcy Moore

Will dabble at both ends and eventually slot in somewhere at senior level. Probably similar to Ben Reid, Goldsack, Mihocek... similar flexibility which the coaches will love

I don't really get their love of flexibility, considering they never use it.

Might not be utilised often mid game... although off the top of my head in recent seasons we’ve seen Moore swing forward on occasion, Mihocek moved down back, WHE play in positions the ground over and Cox play a whole game in the ruck. Handy options to have.

And it works in the players favour too. Players like Goldsack and Reid probably avoided more scrutiny during their lean years because of their ability to play multiple positions well, therefore enhancing list depth.

Might not be utilised often mid game... although off the top of my head in recent seasons we’ve seen Moore swing forward on occasion, Mihocek moved down back, WHE play in positions the ground over and Cox play a whole game in the ruck. Handy options to have.

And it works in the players favour too. Players like Goldsack and Reid probably avoided more scrutiny during their lean years because of their ability to play multiple positions well, therefore enhancing list depth.
Versatility is definitely good to have in terms of list flexibiliity. But in terms of picking the 22, we pick these guys to play up one end and they move so infrequently that them being able to play up th other end is pretty inconsequential for a particular match. Flexibility might keep Kelly on a list a bit longer if he doesn't crack the 22, but if he cracks the 22 it will be up one end.

Versatility is definitely good to have in terms of list flexibiliity. But in terms of picking the 22, we pick these guys to play up one end and they move so infrequently that them being able to play up th other end is pretty inconsequential for a particular match. Flexibility might keep Kelly on a list a bit longer if he doesn't crack the 22, but if he cracks the 22 it will be up one end.

I’d say for the first part of his career Goldsack had nothing but height, speed and versatility. Had no true position but survived on the list long enough to blossom into a valued utility.

Cause of his name, draft position and key position potential Kelly will get at least 4 years I reckon...

I reckon he ultimately makes it to some degree. Not every player plays 150 games though

He was one man who could stop Michael O'Loughlin, (thank god).

Got 25 possessions in his first year playing on O’Loughlin but didnt manage 25 or more for the rest of his career. And in 165 games only 4times all up he got 20 or more touches.

Like how he kicked 24 goals in 2012 but never managed more than 10 goals in a season before or after.

Had more roles than Bakers Delight

Got 25 possessions in his first year playing on O’Loughlin but didnt manage 25 or more for the rest of his career. And in 165 games only 4times all up he got 20 or more touches.

Like how he kicked 24 goals in 2012 but never managed more than 10 goals in a season before or after.

Had more roles than Bakers Delight

He did have more rolls than Bakers Delight. Shouldn't hav though. He was a competent defender and a very poor forward from the momnt he was drafted. That never changed despite the coaches thinking they could get more out of him elsewhere.

He did have more rolls than Bakers Delight. Shouldn't hav though. He was a competent defender and a very poor forward from the momnt he was drafted. That never changed despite the coaches thinking they could get more out of him elsewhere.

He and Blair went forward in 2012 to help with forward pressure... and with Brown, Reid, Maxwell, Toovey, Shaw, O’Brien all down back it was hard for Goldsack to hold down a solid spot there.

Was definitely best suited to a defensive role, probably Maxwells floating role, but he was never going to usurp him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very handy forward in GF replay.

Alway have my respect despite his deficiencies. In my best 22 most weeks 2011 to 2018 when fit. Just provided flexibility. Even played in ruck if needed.

Very handy forward in GF replay.

Alway have my respect despite his deficiencies. In my best 22 most weeks 2011 to 2018 when fit. Just provided flexibility. Even played in ruck if needed.
My view is that he had a decent career that could have been much better without injury.
Super athlete with a frentic attack and repeat efforts.
But he wasn't a natural footballer in that his ball handling was pretty ordinary and he needed a fair block of footy to not be really fumbly. But injuries stopped him from getting the sustained blocks of footy he needed. He'd come back from injury, fumble like a lunatic for a a few weeks before he started palying well and then he'd get injured again.

I never rated him in any position other than defence. As a forward, he just needed too long to much time to control the ball and execute. Forwards get less time with the ball than defenders.

My view is that he had a decent career that could have been much better without injury.
Super athlete with a frentic attack and repeat efforts.
But he wasn't a natural footballer in that his ball handling was pretty ordinary and he needed a fair block of footy to not be really fumbly. But injuries stopped him from getting the sustained blocks of footy he needed. He'd come back from injury, fumble like a lunatic for a a few weeks before he started palying well and then he'd get injured again.

I never rated him in any position other than defence. As a forward, he just needed too long to much time to control the ball and execute. Forwards get less time with the ball than defenders.

His fumbling was his great weakness. If he had clear hands i think he could have been something really good given his other attributes.

He would only ever been last 2 or 3 picked in any side I selected but it would have been most weeks. His ability to take on nearly any role on the field if needed was just too valuable.

Adding to the Goldsack discussion.
Whilst not a best 22 for me, he was thereabouts as required. And versatile.

He is an example of getting a sustained rewarding career because of work ethic, team first approach, and sheer determination. Squeezed that lemon dry.

He certainly did better with a full preseason and his work to get into the finals side in 2018 was commendable but swap a fit Darcy Moore for him in 2018, we win the lot in my view.

But hats off, a great great clubman. A deserving premiership player.

He is an example of getting a sustained rewarding career because of work ethic, team first approach, and sheer determination. Squeezed that lemon dry.

He certainly did better with a full preseason and his work to get into the finals side in 2018 was commendable but swap a fit Darcy Moore for him in 2018, we win the lot in my view.

He was pretty physically impressive too though. Good size really fast.

My assessment of selecting him most weeks has a lot to do with any injury record. Doubt he makes my best 22 with a full list to choose from, but unfortunately we have never been anywhere near full list available for the past decade. Finals 2018 just highlights the issues we have had.

He had some attributes and was flexible but did he really ever nail down a position?

Unfortunately he looked cooked in the finals 2 years ago and Bucks did not seem to want to play him at all last year.

Agree with all that. And poor Goldy was out of his depth in the GF in 2018.

Should of been dropped for moore no question

By the granny He Was sore more than likely and got shown up

He had some attributes and was flexible but did he really ever nail down a position?

Unfortunately he looked cooked in the finals 2 years ago and Bucks did not seem to want to play him at all last year.
Shame
Did he play most of vfl season ? I can't remember.

Should of got a farewell game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back