Worst ******* umpiring I have ever seen - MFCers only!

Remove this Banner Ad

syl

FAIR and BALANCED
Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2011 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe 2012 Player Sponsor Melbourne Demons - Ricky Petterd 2012 Player Sponsor
Mar 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
North
What a ******* disgrace! That was absolutely UNFAIR.

If any tugger reject posts in here you are gawn, * off you maggots!

Definitely the most poorly umpired we've game been involved in this year.

Wasn't what cost us the game, but geez it was bad.

AFL on the whole is ****ed at the moment. Video replay, holding the ball, disposal of the ball, advantage rule, pushing off other players - all these aspects are broken.

No doubt you guys got the rough end of the pineapple this week. I counted about 5 absolute clangers in our favour, only 1 in yours.

More than that. Now fk off.

I know it didn't cost us the match, but get ******* ****ed you ******* mother*ers.

No doubt you guys got the rough end of the pineapple this week. I counted about 5 absolute clangers in our favour, only 1 in yours.

More than that. Now fk off.

I know it didn't cost us the match, but get ******* ****ed you ******* mother*ers.

Been like this all year. I jusr don't know as a fan what to think when I player gets the ball on the bottom of a pack. I mean you get the ball 0.5 seconds later a pack is on you, then BAM! Prior oppurtunity. When? How? Seriously!!!

And soft 50's as well. The standard is sooo poor this year. Soooooooooooooo poor really needs to be looked into.

The umpiring was so bad in patches I thought even Dwayne Russel was having a good day.

Well said mate. Yeah, 5-1 seems like an accurate approximation of the ratio there :thumbsu:

I'm always wary about complaining about umpiring because so often it's just a guessing game anyway. You win some, you lose some.

But I'd love to know why incorrect disposal has got the boot (pardon the pun, or don't) this year? Was there ever an official reason for this? It seems now you can basically get rid of the ball any way you want and it's just play on. Not just today's game - entire season.

Pretty much the same scenario played out in the Swans game just then wrt video referee.

Goal ump thought it was a goal, field ump wasn't sure, asked the boundary muppets who didn't see it. Went "upstairs" and the reviewer couldn't tell either - inconclusive so what do they do? - they go with the goal ump's original call and give it a goal.

In our game today the exact same thing occured except the field ump decided to call it inconclusive himself and a point even though the goal ump was sure it was all clear.

No consistency or protocol in this rediculous non-system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is that the video replay rules are terrible because it was half-arsed when it came in. God help us if it happens in a Grand Final.

That said, general play umpiring was, and is, absolutely awful.

I hope the video ump *s up the Grand Final, that would be the best.

Having said that if Magner hadn't done the shittest kick since the Spencil dropped it on his run-up that time it wouldn't have been an issue.

Oh good it wasnt just me who thought the umpires were embarrasingly bad, i mean we are already so bad we dont need bulltish umpiring as well. I cant stand it when an ump makes a poor decision and then compounds it further by giving a soft 50m. Makes rage.

What a ******* disgrace! That was absolutely UNFAIR.

If any tugger reject posts in here you are gawn, **** off you maggots!
s**t from both ways. The umpires held up the game, kept pointing the wrong way for frees (I counted four times) and showed * loads of inconsistency. Were a genuine detriment to the game from either way you look at it.

It was a shocking game to watch... And i hold no gruddge against The tigers.
But #$@% me when the opposition drags the ball back into the pack and then holds it against the player trying to get it out of pack and gets pinged... Absolute *ation of the highest order. A sure sign Andy D and Adrian A need to be given the A$$. This is not how i ever played the game and it is fast becoming a big steaming pile of overuled Bull$s**t

I don't understand how they could screw up the video replay so badly. Eddie McGuire, who I usually have little time for, was absolutely spot on, on TV. For those that didn't watch, he basically lost his s**t, saying that they may as well do away with it because it clearly is not working.

What they need to do is give the goal umpire far more authority in this situation (i.e. if he's pretty sure it's a goal, what the flog on the boundary line thinks doesn't hold much sway, because this is the way it was before the video replay came in). This is how it should go:
- Questionable goal;
- Field umpire asks the goal umpire what he thinks it is - goal or no goal;
- Field umpire asks the boundary umpire who had a view of it if they saw anything conclusive (this is just for reference - if the goal umpire thinks it was a goal and the boundary supports this, then it's all clear. If not, we go upstairs);
- Now since the goal umpire has said if he thinks it was a goal or non-goal, the video replay has to conclusively show that he was wrong for the call to be overturned. If it's inconclusive, we go with the call the goal umpire made when he was first asked.

End.

That HTB against Watts..... He was on his back on the ground when the ball landed on him, and instant stacks-on :(

Literally 90% of the overall AFL supporter base hates it, almost everyone in the media hates it, and still the rule is getting more contrived. Surely something's gotta give.

I agree in hoping the Video Review has a big hand in ******* up this year's grand final (hopefully against Collingwood), so that it is either improved out of sight over the preseason or else buggered off until it can be competent.

The umpiring was pathetic and it's the worst it's been in the last 10 years. We did get the rough end of the stick and some of these were crowd influenced but If we had of been in more control of the game ie, got our hands first to the pill, free kicks woulda gone our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back