Young girl allegedly insulted by St Kilda player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how on earth does this make headlines and her folks running to the press on top if it? I'm irritated again!

completely unnecessary comment but i still laughed.

i'm just waiting for the people to come in defending the girl over her weight problem, these same people being the ones that make fun of afl players that are either too 'fat' or too 'skinny'

What is disgraceful is how people are pushing being overweight as being okay.

It's not.

Jesus people are gullible.

She got a free jumper because her mother is a professional leech.

The people that should get your sympathy are the members whose hard earned go to paying for this sort of s**t. Members of all clubs.

It's hardly a hanging offence, but it's also completely unnecessary to say something like that to a stranger. Being a footballer does not give you a licence to be a dickhead.

I'll put it this way.

To those who say society has got too precious, soft etc: how would you feel about this if this girl was your daughter?

Just a little bit pissed off, I would say.

It's kind of funny that someone gets their nose so out of joint over a comment like this that they go running to their mum, who then goes running to the footy club (and then likely the media).

Actually, on second thought, it's frackin' sad that our society has stooped to this level....

Wait, you're surprised that a teenage girl may be upset if someone comments on her weight?

Aren't you a ******* genius.

Haha. Oh well, what do you expect from St.Kilda? We all know their attitude when it comes to women.

What are the odds the players were really Milny and Motagna who made the comments.

It's hardly a hanging fence, but it's also completely unnecessary to say something like that to a stranger. Being a footballer does not give you a licence to be a dickhead.

I'll put it this way.

To those who say society has got too precious, soft etc: how would you feel about this if this girl was your daughter?

Just a little bit pissed off, I would say.

Well if your girl or daughter was fat?

If hearing the truth causes you offence...then perhaps you need to stop deluding yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is a shame that grown men can be so insensitive. But I suppose when you are a big football star with a big head to match you think it is OK to be an arrogant ahole to other people. This is not the biggest crime anyone can do I agree but it was very rude. Good on "the fat chick" for making the player be accountable for his actions as I am sure many would have just let him get away with it.

Well said!!! Agree 100%!!!

Being a footy player gives you no right to look down on people. Picking up a few hundred lazy thousand (prob more) for playing AFL means that at times you have to put up with fans coming up to you. Especially at the airport. FFS...what were they thinking!

And yeah I realise in the grand scheme of things this doesn't amount to much. But it's still terrible to look down on people cause they may be overweight, whatever...

I think it is a shame that grown men can be so insensitive. But I suppose when you are a big football star with a big head to match you think it is OK to be an arrogant ahole to other people. This is not the biggest crime anyone can do I agree but it was very rude. Good on "the fat chick" for making the player be accountable for his actions as I am sure many would have just let him get away with it.

I love that you try to take the moral high ground but still refer to the teenage girl as "the fat chick"

You can't really have a go at a kid for running to her mum. And if the same thing happened to my hypothetical daughter I'd probably raise hell too

Yeah let's all just take the word of some random fat chick and a lying scumbag like Hinch as fact, it's not like he got it all wrong last time with the Kim Duthie stuff is it? :rolleyes:

It's no wonder scumbag gutter journos like Hinch have a job with so many gullible morons lapping it up.

Who cares how old the female was or whether she ran to her mum or anyone else.

Point remains that the St Kilda player or players that made the comments are assholes. It was unnecessary and unprovoked and you'd think a supporter of their club would be able to ask for an autograph without being insulted. It is called common decency, although that is evidently in short supply at St Kilda.

Wait, you're surprised that a teenage girl may be upset if someone comments on her weight?

Aren't you a ******* genius.

Again, not a teenager, and yeah I'm surprised that anyone over 15 would run to their mum over a comment like this. i've been called much worse during my life without going to a parent about it.

certainly not a genius, ******* or otherwise, but I do know how to move on from inconsequential stuff

Well if your girl or daughter was fat?

If hearing the truth causes you offence...then perhaps you need to stop deluding yourself.

Whether she is fat or not is beside the point.

I'm not saying being fat is something that should be encouraged, but ostracising and ridiculing someone over it is unnecessary.

And before you ask or assume, I'm quite skinny so I'm not coming from the perspective of a 'fat' person.

Not much to go on right now, but apparently there was an incident at an airport over the weekend where a St Kilda player allegedly told a young teenage girl he wouldn't get a photo of her because (and I'm paraphrasing) St Kilda players aren't contractually obliged to deal with fat chicks.

love it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back