Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries haven't helped him but he has always been a bog average footballer.
He was better than average in 2011-2013.
What are you on about? Yarran is better than average, Dempsey is quite possibly the single worst player in the league
Hah, better than half Carlton's list. David Ellard, Dennis Armfield, need I continue?

This is a horrible thread, even by Big Footy standards.

Yarran is a good player, to say otherwise is stupid. He lacks effort but can play.

Carlisle is also a good player, he's been played out of position for 2 years but at the same time he has also kicked some bags when playing there.

People underselling both of them are idiots.

Hah, better than half Carlton's list. David Ellard, Dennis Armfield, need I continue?
Neither are defenders, but I'd certainly back them both to hold Matthew Watson to less than 4 goals.
Dempsey's career highlight is stuffing up at bouncing, stuffing up at running, and somehow combining these things into a fluke rainbow flick to himself. There wouldn't be many less coordinated professional athletes than him

Neither are defenders, but I'd certainly back them both to hold Matthew Watson to less than 4 goals.
Dempsey's career highlight is stuffing up at bouncing, stuffing up at running, and somehow combining these things into a fluke rainbow flick to himself. There wouldn't be many less coordinated professional athletes than him
Dempsey wasn't even playing on Watson.

Dempsey is a much much better footballer than both. The fact that you think that the flick wasn't deliberate just shows how little of a clue you have.

Yarran, Natanui and Walters were neighbors growing up and played footy together til they were drafted. Both Walters and Natanui said Yarran was the most talented of the 3 growing up.

Talent gets you drafted, hard work separates you from the rest.

Dempsey wasn't even playing on Watson.

Dempsey is a much much better footballer than both. The fact that you think that the flick wasn't deliberate just shows how little of a clue you have.
Just because Dempsey doesn't actually do anything doesn't mean he's not supposed to be defending. Yes he was supposed to be on Watson. Don't get angry at me about it, calm yourself

We are not in a position of power with wada still hanging over us.
Francis would be a great prospect and you would get best player at 19.
Any player who wants to go will be released I reckon mate.
If that's the result of the PSD threat, I suppose I take it. But frankly I'd prefer he and some salary cap go to Hawthorn for pick #18 and a fringe player (Anderson/Hartung) than a 2 place pick upgrade. Sure, that option above gives us a chance at a top young KP to replace Carlisle, but it also means the mid we get will (probably) be much worse as drafted at #21* rather than #5. There is also the fact that #21 could become even later after FA compo.

* I'm not sure where Carlton is getting pick #19 from, their 2nd rounder is #21 before adjustments. Are you assuming they'll get an end of first round pick for a FA leaving? Or that the academy & F/S selections will bring their 2nd round pick lower (although obviously offset by some good young kids leaving the pool of options).

* I'm not sure where Carlton is getting pick #19 from, their 2nd rounder is #21 before adjustments. Are you assuming they'll get an end of first round pick for a FA leaving? Or that the academy & F/S selections will bring their 2nd round pick lower (although obviously offset by some good young kids leaving the pool of options).

I'm guessing he's assuming they'll get the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's 2nd and Watson for Carlisle.

I'd like to see Bombers make a proposal and we can make a judgment if it's is reasonable. Atm Blues have pick 3 which is too high and 2nd round being 21.

21 and a player is decent but would like to here from Bombers supporters

Carlton's 2nd and Watson for Carlisle.

Watson is a complete dud, we'd be better off taking just their 2nd rounder and going to the draft rather than taking that hack. Throwing in a player who can't even get a game is just stupid. It's like saying Menzel for Essendon's 2nd and Pears, fair trade?

I'd like to see Bombers make a proposal and we can make a judgment if it's is reasonable. Atm Blues have pick 3 which is too high and 2nd round being 21.

Dodoro will want pick 3, the bloke is as mad as a cut snake

None of the players we would want would be available. Just as Carlton is going through a rebuild, so are we. It's no point offering up trash like Watson, Ellard, White, etc because just as they won't be part of Carlton's future, they would add nothing to us either. If you don't want to use pick 3 you're going to have to trade to upgrade pick 21.

None of the players we would want would be available. Just as Carlton is going through a rebuild, so are we. It's no point offering up trash like Watson, Ellard, White, etc because just as they won't be part of Carlton's future, they would add nothing to us either. If you don't want to use pick 3 you're going to have to trade to upgrade pick 21.

Pick 3 on Jake won't be used
Maybe even a straight Swap Jaksch for Jake

Bombers would need to decide if it's fair, I think it is a Kristian is younger and former first rd pick too

If you don't want to use pick 3 you're going to have to trade to upgrade pick 21.

They don't need to do jack. Carlisle will be free from his contract. The Blues will table what they can, Dosoro will whinge and whine until the 11th hour before accepting the deal.

Either 2nd and a player or 2nd and 3rd

Bombers would need to decide if it's fair, I think it is a Kristian is younger and former first rd pick too
You're delusional. If we wanted Jaksch we would have gone after him last year.

Just over 6 months ago you were carrying on like this bloke was the saviour, now you want to trade him on?

Again, can't get a game at your mob but it's a fair trade? Nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back