Preview Trade Week/Month - Keep it all in HERE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't they just take him as a delisted FA instead of just having him train with them ??? I would be pissed if I was Toy, trained with Richmond then they didn't pick him up outside of the draft anyway.
Hmm, maybe he asked if he could train with them (Ala Goose Maguire at CFC) in hope of getting picked up??

Why wouldn't they just take him as a delisted FA instead of just having him train with them ??? I would be pissed if I was Toy, trained with Richmond then they didn't pick him up outside of the draft anyway.

Rookie draft perhaps. ..

I'm pretty sure the Suns offered Toy a one-year contract, which he rejected. If that's the case, he wouldn't be eligible to be classified as a delisted FA.

I'm pretty sure the Suns offered Toy a one-year contract, which he rejected. If that's the case, he wouldn't be eligible to be classified as a delisted FA.

He is a delisted FA according to the AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150608/default.aspx

He was offered a contract, which he knocked back, and the Suns subsequently delisted him. As for Jacobs, he delisted himself from Port thus why he doesn't qualify (that's my understanding of it anyway). Even Gram is a delisted free agent, despite being contracted for 2013 and having his contract terminated by the Saints.

He is a delisted FA according to the AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150608/default.aspx

He was offered a contract, which he knocked back, and the Suns subsequently delisted him. As for Jacobs, he delisted himself from Port thus why he doesn't qualify (that's my understanding of it anyway). Even Gram is a delisted free agent, despite being contracted for 2013 and having his contract terminated by the Saints.

Thanks for clearing that up ... theres just wayyyy too many variables.

So .... for the uneducated, if we pick any of these players does that count towards the list turnover that is mandatory or do we still need a certain number of draft selections?

If a club wants a player do they have to agree to go, or is it like the draft and once selected thay are obliged to play there? What happens if more than one club makes an offer?

So .... for the uneducated, if we pick any of these players does that count towards the list turnover that is mandatory or do we still need a certain number of draft selections?

If a club wants a player do they have to agree to go, or is it like the draft and once selected thay are obliged to play there? What happens if more than one club makes an offer?

I think if we pick one up we still need to take three in the ND, hence delisting Collins for accounting reasons, which in turn suggests we have interest in a FA.

The FAs can go where they please, subject of course to their desired home making an offer that suits them. If they don't find a home and nominate for the draft, then they are fair game for all.

This is my understanding, but I would not swear on the good book by it.

I think if we pick one up we still need to take three in the ND, hence delisting Collins for accounting reasons, which in turn suggests we have interest in a FA.

The FAs can go where they please, subject of course to their desired home making an offer that suits them. If they don't find a home and nominate for the draft, then they are fair game for all.

This is my understanding, but I would not swear on the good book by it.
It could be that we delisted Collins to make room for Toy not knowing that he had been offered a contract that he then turned down. If this is the case then I am fairly certain that we will be re-listing Collins at the draft table next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been tweeted that Reimers is off to Richmond for 3 years.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It would be the best news I have heard ALL WEEK !!!!!!

Would have to put into question their ability to recruit Toy. They would surely be getting tight for list spots.

3 years is the thing that gives it away as purely as baseless rumour. There is no way Richmond is that stupid as to sign him for 3 years. I hope they are stupid enough, but unfortunately Wallet is not there anymore.

3 years is the thing that gives it away as purely as baseless rumour. There is no way Richmond is that stupid as to sign him for 3 years. I hope they are stupid enough, but unfortunately Wallet is not there anymore.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure the cut-off date for signing players was yesterday.

Yep Richmond just tweeted its not true. Oh well. Maybe they'll take him in the draft before us ;)

If you're up for a laugh head over to the Richmond board and read the Reimers thread. It may have been short lived but the meltdown put a smile on my face.

A whole page of comedy gold.:thumbsu:

*Bump*

WHE anyone?

http://boundforglorynews.com/giants-mass-exodus-on-the-horizon/

On top of these developments, Victorian clubs have caught wind of the youngsters’ disenchantment and have begun internal discussions over approaching them. It is confirmed that Collingwood has shown interest in Buntine, whilst Hoskin-Elliott has been discussed internally at length at Richmond, North Melbourne and Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back