Lewis hit on Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise a lot of comments from some North, Geelong and Sydney supporters are exaggerated and the calls for 4, 5, 6+ weeks aren't realistic.
Most of us on the North board believe 3 weeks down 2 with a plea.

Lewis will consider himself very fortunate if that is graded careless rather than intentional. However, I would be very surprised if it is graded high impact rather than medium given that Goldy was absolutely fine. They generally reserve high impact for when there has been some sort of injury. Not to disrespect Melbourne or GWS, but clearly there is a huge difference between 3 weeks and 2 weeks here given Sydney is the GF rematch.

Some of the excuses from a small minority of hawk posters are similar to the excuses last year with lake and that it was Petries entire fault.

We don't like eye gougers and scratchers at Hawthorn. But each to their own.

Hodge and Lewis will both get two weeks. Now can everyone stop their faux outrage?

How do you feel about Matthew Lloyd?
What has he got to do with the subject?

They'll get two weeks. Move on. Both Swallow and Goldstein played out the game. The players have moved on - stop embarrassing your club by whining like the earth's about to end.

What has he got to do with the subject?

They'll get two weeks. Move on. Both Swallow and Goldstein played out the game. The players have moved on - stop embarrassing your club by whining like the earth's about to end.

Just want to know what you think of him? If you think he is a dirty sniper then its a bit rich telling us to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the excuses from a small minority of hawk posters are similar to the excuses last year with lake and that it was Petries entire fault.
I'm still trying to get my head around the theory that Lewis was somehow attempting a spoil.

I understand the urge to defend your own club's player but surely said defence should be realistic.

I'm still trying to get my head around the theory that Lewis was somehow attempting a spoil.

I understand the urge to defend your own club's player but surely said defence should be realistic.
It's easy to say that watching in slow motion, but in the reality of the game it was only marginally late.

Lewis has poor form so doesn't get the benefit of any doubt, 2 weeks.

Just want to know what you think of him? If you think he is a dirty sniper then its a bit rich telling us to move on.

It's no wonder the North team has become so soft - they're just following the trend set by their fans.

Lloyd rearranged Sewell (and Thurgood's) face, sending him to hospital and out of the game (if it hadn't been finals) for 6 weeks.

Goldie and Swallow both got up, played out the rest of the match and shook hands at the end of the game.

The two incidents are completely different, yet you want to pretend they're the same so can continue this rather sad whining. Enough. It's just making North look soft.

Oh and BTW - Lloyd got his fair whack at the tribunal (although he was retiring). Punishment/Crime and all that

You guys ae nuts. I was in a North Melbourne box at the game. No one thought it was more than a 50 metre penalty in real time.

But he'll get done. So stop whining

It's no wonder the North team has become so soft - they're just following the trend set by their fans.

Lloyd rearranged Sewell (and Thurgood's) face, sending him to hospital and out of the game (if it hadn't been finals) for 6 weeks.

Goldie and Swallow both got up, played out the rest of the match and shook hands at the end of the game.

The two incidents are completely different, yet you want to pretend they're the same so can continue this rather sad whining. Enough. It's just making North look soft.

Oh and BTW - Lloyd got his fair whack at the tribunal (although he was retiring). Punishment/Crime and all that
Calling North fans soft for having a go at two people who committed dog acts:drunk::rolleyes:.

Because you never stop whining about it. Have your say then move on.

Christ... moan moan moan. It's not a good look. Remember what you once were in the 90's... Please.

If we're going to talk about whining, look at your lot and the whinging over Lake being supposedly eye-gouged and then flooding to our board to defend Lewis and Hodge's actions. Using the word whining in an argument doesn't exactly strengthen it.

Surely Goldy gets a please explain for taking a dive here?

.... But seriously. Given the media focus on it I think both will get 3 down to 2.
Which is what is should be, calls of 4 and above are ludicrous.

Which is what is should be, calls of 4 and above are ludicrous.

He won't get it but I don't think calls of four for Lewis are ludicrous at all. It was quite clearly a deliberate round arm to the face. If he was trying to spoil he should probably have a) started to swing his arm before the mark was taken and b) swing somewhere near the ball, rather than smack bang in the face.

It was a shit act from a player who has plenty of form for sniping acts. He is very lucky it didn't end up a lot worse for Goldstein.

Hodge I could cop a week or two - it was deliberate but certainly not pre-meditated, more just a brain explosion/adrenaline.

Lewis can EAD though, that's a very dangerous act and should be punished accordingly. A great example of why outcome should not dictate the severity of the penalty. The fact he is still claiming it was a mistimed spoil (as opposed to Hodge who has contacted North to apologise) says a lot about him.

It's easy to say that watching in slow motion, but in the reality of the game it was only marginally late.

Lewis has poor form so doesn't get the benefit of any doubt, 2 weeks.
It's easy to say that watching in normal motion as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back