Recommitted Hamish Hartlett [staying at Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jay Clark does a Q&A on the internet once a week i think it is regarding player movements.

Got asked a question today about Hamish Hartlett. He believes there is some truth to this and mentioned Melbourne as the leading candidate. It has also been rumored that North melbourne are interested.

Over the last few weeks this is really starting to grow some legs and as Clark put t today, the Power's salary cap is about to burst.

What would Port want for Hartlett? they are potentially in their window if they get back to 2014 form so they might look for a player instead of a pick to go the other way.

Worth pick 10-15 IMO. Very classy player, more of an icing on the cake though.

Hartlett will be playing for the same club next year as Jay Schulz, Travis Boak, Jackson Trengove, Ollie Wines, and any other Port player you care to name who's been rumoured to leave the club over the last few years by Victorian journos who have no idea what's going on at Port Adelaide. He's going nowhere.

Would be very happy is this is true and we are front runners, need that gun midfielder. North are linked to everyone.

I would like to put this to everyone, and about to drop some logic bombs on y'all.

WHY would port Adelaide cast off HAMISH HARTLETT to relieve salary cap pressure, but re-sign a 30 year old Jay Schulz who maybe has one at most two years at the top level?

The goal of list management is to improve your list, not weaken it. If there was salary cap pressure with Dixon coming, why would they cut loose a vital part of the team (our best HBF, hard as nails, leader of the club, best kick, big game player) to keep on a player that plays in the same position as Dixon?

Hamish Hartlett is brought up during every trade period, and the last time it was it was not met well at all by Hamish. He is Port through and through, even his brother Adam (former carlton player, now playing with west adelaide, no connection to port adelaide) is a port adelaide person now. I dont doubt that clubs will be putting free agency offers to him, he is one of the best players entering free agency, but it has nothing to do with salary cap at all. It is agendas driven by VIC media who have no knowledge of anything Port Adelaide and have got every player movement regarding port players leaving (trengove, boak, butcher, moore, schulz, wines, lobbe), wrong.

Jay Clark does a Q&A on the internet once a week i think it is regarding player movements.

Got asked a question today about Hamish Hartlett. He believes there is some truth to this and mentioned Melbourne as the leading candidate. It has also been rumored that North melbourne are interested.

Over the last few weeks this is really starting to grow some legs and as Clark put t today, the Power's salary cap is about to burst.

What would Port want for Hartlett? they are potentially in their window if they get back to 2014 form so they might look for a player instead of a pick to go the other way.

For the umpteenth friggin time the "port salary cap about to burst" thing has been put to bed.

In case you haven't heard here is the story....

Dixon was rumoured to be going to bris on some mega contract.

Dixon then gets rumoured to go to port..

Schulz hasn't accepted ports offer that has been on the table all season ..

Rumours ports cap is bursting...

Rumours start that port are going to let Schulz go because they are going to pay Dixon 700k a season.

Rumours that ports cap is so bursting they have to let Schulz go to bring in Dixon

Ok , now here is what has happened so far ..

Schulz eventually signed on with port. He had more years on offer from freo and was sweating on port hoping they would up their offer in terms of years. Eventually took the offer port had out all along..

Once the furore about Dixon apparently signing for mega bucks settles down , a much more likely figure emerges of 500k x2 years then 700k when the new cap comes in.

In the last weeks two reporters , including one seen having lunch with Keith Thomas recently both dispel the salary cap bursting rumour in print

One of those reporters is the guy whose article everyone is quoting regarding teams going to hartlett with big offers that people are getting excited about?.. In the very same sentence he says "teams are approaching" Hartlett , which should tell you that teams are after him not any signs of port wanting to move him , he also says port don't have a salary cap issue and don't need to move Hartlett on because of any cap issues. How the hell idiots only follow half of a sentence is beyond me ...

I believe the Port fans who say he will re-sign. But by god he is a terrific player.. No doubt there will be some interest at least, but I think he stays

I believe the Port fans who say he will re-sign. But by god he is a terrific player.. No doubt there will be some interest at least, but I think he stays

facepalm

re-sign? the blokes not even out of contract.

it appears it is just some teams fishing to see if they can shake something loose or just trying to do some early homework on free agents next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartlett will be playing for the same club next year as Jay Schulz, Travis Boak, Jackson Trengove, Ollie Wines, and any other Port player you care to name who's been rumoured to leave the club over the last few years by Victorian journos who have no idea what's going on at Port Adelaide. He's going nowhere.

Schulzenfest confirms: Lobbe gone! :p

Apparently now David King on afl360 has also come out and said his contacts At port say they have heard no such rumour and quite the opposite are already discussing a contract extension with Hartlett ...

The suggestions that these rumours may have come from the same source who spread the wingard rubbish to deflect attention from their own club may hold more water then the Hartlett leaving port crap....

Apparently now David King on afl360 has also come out and said his contacts At port say they have heard no such rumour and quite the opposite are already discussing a contract extension with Hartlett ...

The suggestions that these rumours may have come from the same source who spread the wingard rubbish to deflect attention from their own club may hold more water then the Hartlett leaving port crap....

In one article I read yesterday it not only speculated about Hartlett leaving but it also speculated about him signing a long term contract extension.

Basically sums up this time of year - cover every base and you can't be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back