Universal Love Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Judd's birthday today and the CFC Facebook page has his goal in this game featured as it was 2 years to the day......

I want to experience a day like this again

Great memories and only a couple of years back. Yeah I realise that we only got into the finals by stealth but it just does show that anything is possible. No matter how helpless it feels right now or how far away it may seem you just never know what is around the corner. The noise when Judd kicked that goal was similar to the sound when Lappin kicked that goal in the 99 Preliminary Final. I love this club and know they will come good again soon, stick with them people because days like the above are absolutely priceless and no matter what anyone says our club has blessed us with many over those memories over the years!

Alright 'Down Memory Laners', time for some off season laughs.

Who was our worst ever recruit? It may not be the worst player, it may have been the timing or any other thing that got up your nose.

For me it was Andrew Eccles......to this day I just cannot work it out!!

Yeah we got dudded with Martyn, I heard his older brother was so much better!!
We have a history of giving blokes past their playing life an extra year, we even gave Peter McKenna a season after he was washed up at Collingwood :eek:

Craig Devonport was a shocker.

We traded a first round pick to the saints for him. Devonport played only one lousy game for us. The saints used the pick to recruit Barry Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greatest of all for me.

We hadn't kicked a sausage till Harmes bangs one late in the second...........the we went bunta and loaded off 5.

Pies had cleared out match hardened chokers like Thompson and the Richardson brothers, and brought in a new breed of neck throttlers in Kink, Moore and Barham.

Jezza brought in a bunch of kids, and got his mates Swan and Percy fit for the first time in 5 years.

Trivia note: That dog Kink got 6 weeks for spitting, that's right, on Jezza.

+was there that day as a 12 year old

Sean Charles. Played well against us for the Dees. We recruited him 3 years later. Broke his leg in his first game and then started missing appointments and went missing. Contract cancelled by mutual agreement.

Who remembers that in 1994 the club revealed that our 1970 premiership cup displayed at the club for many years was a replica.

The original 1970 cup was stolen during a disco at the club, probably in the late 1970's, by a magpies fan who hid it up a tree in the dark nearby and then took it home later. The club kept it a secret as it was embarrassing and quietly arranged for a replica cup to be made. The club finally revealed this story in 1994 because the magpie thief finally got the attack of the guilts and returned the original at a toilet block next to Princes Park with an anonymous letter.

A day or 2 later it was revealed by the club that the 1972 premiership cup was also stolen and that too was secretly replaced by a replica. Amazingly in the same week the original 1970 cup was returned, the original 1972 cup was also returned by an anonymous Richmond supporting thief who used it for many years to store fruit.

The 1970 original cup has engraved on it 'Carlton' but the replica has engraved on it 'Carlton Football Club'. The 1970 cup now on display at the club near the cafe is the replica. Lord knows where the original one is located. The 1972 cup on display appears to be the original one.

Last edited:
Did you have to ruin a good thread! :( :straining:
Here's one with little Fev in the background. And not the same little Fev that made an appearance at a shop window.

newdaily_100214_MickMartyn.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back