Traded Aaron Black [traded to Geelong for pick 92]

Remove this Banner Ad

Finding his form and his marking groove this year after 2 years in the wilderness. His work rate and effort in the VFL has been excellent this year and he is appreciating having Mason Wood, Sam Durdin and Majak around him for support.

Was hard for him last year playing for Nth Ballarat and being pretty much the number 1 target inside forward 50, with absolute dog s**t delivery.

If his from continues its upward trend he will find a new home next year I'd Imagine.

Seems a bit like a John Anthony type. Had one good year, got found out the next, probably never really be AFL standard again.

If he's not even doing well in the VFL, I think his ship might have sailed.

Hurt his shoulder badly at the start of 2014.

Played injured for the entire year. Lost confidence.

Was playing for North Ballarat, who were filth, up forward as the no.1 target.

Is playin far better footy this season.

There is still a chance for him.

Hurt his shoulder badly at the start of 2014.

Played injured for the entire year. Lost confidence.

Was playing for North Ballarat, who were filth, up forward as the no.1 target.

Is playin far better footy this season.

There is still a chance for him.
I was thinking why I didn't hear much about him in 2014 after he had a Good 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what would have happened if Black had come to Freo before he signed his last contract. It was a really bad call in the end.

Given the forwards we've had he would have been given every chance.
well heres the thing...
that was 2013. our 1st pick was apeness and our 2nd was alex pearce. alex pearce craps on Aaron Black.

Wonder what would have happened if Black had come to Freo before he signed his last contract. It was a really bad call in the end.

Given the forwards we've had he would have been given every chance.

It depends if he injuries his shoulder at Freo or not. Was a great player before he got injured, and never been any good since.

It depends if he injuries his shoulder at Freo or not. Was a great player before he got injured, and never been any good since.
Yep. Agree with this. Sometimes a player can get an injury, and they never come back the same. It's a shame, but seems like this is what has happened. Not worth Freo trading anything significant for him, esp given we'll be struggling to get our picks sorted and the McCarthy trade done as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back