Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Wherever Watts goes, Nic Nat is always sure to follow.

Was a Melbourne poster that brought it up (Keithy George on the fourth page).

Fair enough that you want to continue the eternal debate about the 2008 draft, but when you start spouting crap like 'has never performed in big games' then you will get attention.

Was a Melbourne poster that brought it up (Keithy George on the fourth page).

Fair enough that you want to continue the eternal debate about the 2008 draft, but when you start spouting crap like 'has never performed in big games' then you will get attention.

And so on.

Just looking at his stats, and a 34-goal return with 4 rounds remaining is a pretty big turnaround to his career.

Stood up when it counted and kicked the winning goal against the Suns, hes gone from maligned and irrelevant to a structural asset for Melbourne, best case scenario for him really.

Just looking at his stats, and a 34-goal return with 4 rounds remaining is a pretty big turnaround to his career.

Stood up when it counted and kicked the winning goal against the Suns, hes gone from maligned and irrelevant to a structural asset for Melbourne, best case scenario for him really.

Tom Lynch and Jack Watts are the only blokes from that game yesterday that can say they weren't part of the embarrassment that was that game.

He's the cherry on top when the team is playing well. Won't win the game for you or lead in the way a Viney or Jones do but he has a reliable set shot and his competitiveness at the contest has improved dramatically. It's no surprise that his best seasons (2010, 2011 and now 2016) have been seasons where Melbourne were winning games. Wouldn't necessarily call him a "downhill skier" but generally if Melbourne plays well so does Watts. Every team needs that sort of cherry on top player.
Youre wrong but ain't even mad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it works a bit like a golf handicap, I think he is rated a little too high here, he is at least top 10, but suggestions he is not in the top 150? Maybe The ox posts on here.
The other players in The top 10 do make sense though.

Melbourne doesn't play big games.

Holy * your as sharp as a circle

As good a year as Watts has had (improvement wise), I still don't think the penny has dropped. Has more gears IMO.

I think he is at the level he probably would have been at 2 years ago if he wasnt thrown to the wolves so young, however at 25 and the growing confidence I think he is just beginning his climb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back