Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Jack watts continues to reach his potential, I've felt sorry for him over the years, with the amount of criticism he has received, the added pressure has prolonged his development imo.
People like Ox and Maher don't do him any favours by saying "he's now better than NN" a few times every year. Its not a comparison that does him any favours, starting from the very simple fact that they play completely different positions.

Watts was awesome on the weekend. He'd get a game at every club, I'd love him as a third tall for us.

Holy **** your as sharp as a circle

I think he is at the level he probably would have been at 2 years ago if he wasnt thrown to the wolves so young, however at 25 and the growing confidence I think he is just beginning his climb
Like I have time to look back pages for subtle irony! I just wanted to drive it home that Melbourne is crap, has been crap for decades and will be crap for decades to come.

A couple of slightly less crap games has dissolved into two inches off a loss to Gold Coast in possibly the worst game of all time.

As far as Watts is concerned, are you seriously trying to blame an excess of AFL experience at a young age for season after season of complete garbage output? Your right in as much as he is about the lvl now he should have been 100 games ago.
'Beggining his climb' ******* hilarious!

People like Ox and Maher don't do him any favours by saying "he's now better than NN" a few times every year. Its not a comparison that does him any favours, starting from the very simple fact that they play completely different positions.

Watts was awesome on the weekend. He'd get a game at every club, I'd love him as a third tall for us.

Yeah its like comparing Rance and Josh Kennedy.. pretty pointless
Like I have time to look back pages for subtle irony! I just wanted to drive it home that Melbourne is crap, has been crap for decades and will be crap for decades to come.

A couple of slightly less crap games has dissolved into two inches off a loss to Gold Coast in possibly the worst game of all time.

As far as Watts is concerned, are you seriously trying to blame an excess of AFL experience at a young age for season after season of complete garbage output? Your right in as much as he is about the lvl now he should have been 100 games ago.

It wasnt subtle, your just an idiot
Literally everyone else got the joke haha

As good a year as Watts has had (improvement wise), I still don't think the penny has dropped. Has more gears IMO.

Agree. Has been good but watching some of the things he does with ball in hand, this years stats should be his benchmark from now on at a minimum.

He's still soft but has finally started to deliver some of the goods that were promised.

Good for him.

Don't disagree he is a bit soft still, but not every player can be like Glenn Archer.

Saw a single post- had to put the moccasin in.
Unfortunately for Demons fans the joke is on Melbourne .

Yes, very clever, well done, your parents must be very proud of your effort.

I'm sure we can find a sticker of a star for you from somewhere. In the meantime I fixed your post up a bit, i'm sure you'll agree that it's a much better reflection of your personality

Ditto

Or playing as a tall back flanker.

Good on him. Copped incredible amount of criticism and a subject of derision that could have seen him slink away.

He's serving it up to the haters every week now.

Even the most one eyed melbourne supporter would have lost hope in him at one time or another
He has soft actions on the field but mentally to keep fronting up with a smile he must be a strong willed bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd written him off 2.5 years ago but he has genuinely come good where he is one of our most important players now. He doesn't sit back like a seagull anymore, he demands the footy and has composure when he gets it. I think he'll continue to improve over the next couple of years as well, he's only just stating to realise his capabilities. The train wreck that was MFC 2007-2013 completely destroyed his development but he's on track now.

So if we roll you this weekend what will you come out and say?

The kid is 25. His played 133 games and he will be a 250 game player for Melbourne. It's amazing that even through all the garbage and pressure levelled at him people still fail to acknowledge his contribution this year. When Jack Watts was drafted in 2008 Melbourne was a cancer. We tanked, we lacked structure, we looked unmotivated, and we were the worst club between 09-13. Ditching the administration that promoted us tanking was the step forward we needed. Our coaches were inept as was our effort.

Jack Watts got the proverbial kicked out of him by the media and armchair critics, he has played his best footy under Roos because his motivated and we are trying to win.

So if we roll you this weekend what will you come out and say?
Lol! Well I suppose its possible, i mean we do seem to get beaten by one rubbish team each premiership year (normally Richmond ).
I think its much more likely that it will be a repeat of the last 13 times we have played.
Chin up though I mean with your stellar rate of impovement your on track to be making up the numbers at the bottom of the eight as soon as next decade:)

Lol! Well I suppose its possible, i mean we do seem to get beaten by one rubbish team each premiership year (normally Richmond ).
I think its much more likely that it will be a repeat of the last 13 times we have played.
Chin up though I mean with your stellar rate of impovement your on track to be making up the numbers at the bottom of the eight as soon as next decade:)

Thanks for that, my ignore list is now 50% Hawthorn supporters.

Yes, very clever, well done, your parents must be very proud of your effort.

I'm sure we can find a sticker of a star for you from somewhere. In the meantime I fixed your post up a bit, i'm sure you'll agree that it's a much better reflection of your personality
I fear that with the advent of the Holywood designer 'ugg' obsession us poor toothless bogans have been completely priced out of the moccasin market.

After watching the replay he truly did stand out head and shoulders above every other player on the ground. As bad as the game was his class shone through and allowed us to stay in the game early and win the game late.

After watching the replay he truly did stand out head and shoulders above every other player on the ground. As bad as the game was his class shone through and allowed us to stay in the game early and win the game late.
Amazing that SEN gave Tyson BOG. Further confirmation they base 99% on the stat sheet. Tyson tried hard but without him we'd have found other ways and means to hack the ball forward. Without Watts we lose that game, potentially quite badly.

You haven't answered my question. There's nothing really worse than an individual who not only feels the need to gloat, but also who needs to pay out other clubs with such vitriol and disdain. The thing is, you know no-one can use the same line of narrative against Hawthorn, so it shows you're pretty soft at the core or have very low self esteem.

You're probably fat, or were fat, got picked on a lot at school because you couldn't compete in athletics very well, were the last picked in any side, and were the person who was chased in tiggy and tagged the most.

I mean, even now, you might have no luck with the opposite sex because all you can discuss is how wonderful your hawks are, and you're probably pretty unpopular with your friends because you're a gloater and literally guzzle the gravy from the gravy train.

William Wonka being your name sort of implies that you love your Tucker, and probably love your confectionary as well.

Amazing that SEN gave Tyson BOG. Further confirmation they base 99% on the stat sheet. Tyson tried hard but without him we'd have found other ways and means to hack the ball forward. Without Watts we lose that game, potentially quite badly.
Agree with this, sometimes I think they forget to consider best on grind during the game, then just pick the top players on the stat sheet. Jack Watts had a great game, looked so composed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back