Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy was worth picks 3,4 and 5.
Kennedy was certainly worth more than what we offloaded him to Sydney for. Sydney returning the favours and being professional. Raises them up in the eyes of players and player managers to be honest. Looking after a players wishes.

This is true these sort of deals happen to even up over time.

Try reading properly, I wasn't referring to GWS; they did it the right way.

Trading Tom Mitchell for a late first rounder and a bag of chips to a premiership rival is feeder club mentality.

So was trading Mcglynn and Kennedy for a pair of 3rd rounders and lettting Buddy walk for pick 19.

Not having a go but is this yeah nah a teenage thing or am I just old and been living under a rock? Does it give everyone else the shits or is it just me? No offence but makes you sound like a tosser, even though I'm sure your not.
Dude I was responding to a lot of people that laughed when I said pick 14 would get it done, all I said was I was correct.

Nothing more nothing less.

So was trading Mcglynn and Kennedy for a pair of 3rd rounders and lettting Buddy walk for pick 19.
Only in hindsight. Both were fringe players at the time.

Tom Mitchell was in the best 8 players at the Swans, ripe age of 23 and you got him for basically a first rounder.

Awful by Sydney.

Tom Mitchell was in the best 8 players at the Swans, ripe age of 23 and you got him for basically a first rounder.

Awful by Sydney.
That's not the Hawks fault though, the Swans were always going to get less than market value due to their salary cap.The Buddy and Tippett deals were always going to bite them on the arse and will continue to do so.

Can't believe Treloar cost two top 10 picks and Titch pick 14 only

DAMB

So Gold Coast are embarrassing because they wont bend over for you.

Lol.
They are embarrassing because of the petty, childish comments coming from their president. And their attitude that they won't even approach players but other clubs should convince players to go to their crap club.

Awful by Sydney.

Sure but Both asked for a trade hours before the deadline and we still took under to get it done.

Your club does the same and you're owed a couple don't worry.

They are embarrassing because of the petty, childish comments coming from their president. And their attitude that they won't even approach players but other clubs should convince players to go to their crap club.
If you could point me in the direction of information saying that we aren't approaching players, I would really appreciate that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Hawks, great get. Disappointed he is leaving for slightly unders but Hawks cant trade what they dont have.
Genuinely believe as the number one mid he will get bulk pill ala Lachie Neale, in a team winning more games that will put him in brownlow territory.

One word of advice. Dont be 1 of those arrogant Hawks supporters that gives your club a bad name. Caliing another club crap doesnt help.

The swapping of later picks is for the fans.

Why would either part to a trade think "hang on, lets swing some token 3rd rounders around to make it look good"

It is more than likely seeing what the wash up is after hawks attempted to land JOM and go from there.

Why would either part to a trade think "hang on, lets swing some token 3rd rounders around to make it look good"

It is more than likely seeing what the wash up is after hawks attempted to land JOM and go from there.
Just ignore him/her.

Not worth it.

No pick 14 should do the job.

I know you've patted yourself on the back already but it seems you only had the first leg of the quinella. 14 alone was never going to get it done.

If it ends up being a swap of 23 for 38 or 35 for 56 then it's a very fair deal for both clubs.

On the surface, looks good for the Hawks, but the swap of pick will bring it into perspective a bit. Problem is though, well it's not really a problem, but in the future the dickheads on here will only remember Sydney getting reamed for pick 14 and forget the swap of pick, just like all the knuckleheads that think Hawthorn and Norths deal was Jed Anderson for a first rounder, full stop.

If they are waiting on the Mayne Compo that will be 23 at very best, GC's head honcho has already said they expect no less than 2 x 1st rounders

Now we know that is hot air but pick 23 is nowhere near enough for JOM, expect a decent player to go with #23

Considering Clarko has been asking everyone who wants to leave and only Mitchel agreed, I wonder how this will pan out
You do get how future trading works don't you?

Back