Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see how the swap of later picks is weighted. If it ends up in a 23 for 38 scenario, e.g., Sydney will have made the best of a bad hand.

Have to hand it to the Hawks in terms of being able to attract topliners, landing Mitchell is a good get.

I agree Whisperer is full of it, but he never said that. He said the Saints made an offer purely to force the Hawks to offer more.

Oh dear.

It's a good deal for everyone. No need for posturing.

Tom is worth around the 5-10 pick mark IMO. So hopefully the trade of the later picks pushes the total draft points towards that.

If we get around the 9-10 pick in points, then i am happy. Will be hard to see Mitchell at a different club but such is. we traded a player who wanted out, to his preferred club and got a fair deal in compo. Hawks, in turn, got someone they needed. good deal for both clubs.

no surprise really as Hawks and Swans are 2 of the best trading clubs in the AFL and it is great that we got this over and done with.

On the surface, looks good for the Hawks, but the swap of pick will bring it into perspective a bit. Problem is though, well it's not really a problem, but in the future the dickheads on here will only remember Sydney getting reamed for pick 14 and forget the swap of pick, just like all the knuckleheads that think Hawthorn and Norths deal was Jed Anderson for a first rounder, full stop.
This X 10000

If Syd get a pick upgrade of 4-500 points (eg 23 for 38) then it is equivalent to Titch for pick 6-9.
Perspective people, sheeeesh

Looks like you can't read either. I didn't say I agreed with the Whisperer just that he never said the Saints wanted Mitchell.

I highly doubt Ameet and co would have done anything to extract revenge. The Tradew***er is full of it. Certainly doesn't do himself any credit when he blocks ppl for questioning his #whispers. #whataflog.

Anyway good get. Played a damn good finals series, and your merch dept. hardly have to change anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This X 10000

If Syd get a pick upgrade of 4-500 points (eg 23 for 38) then it is equivalent to Titch for pick 6-9.
Perspective people, sheeeesh
I don't think 23 will go to Sydney, it is more likely to be a trade of 32/33.

This whole point system seems pretty irrelevant if the late picks mean nothing. Clubs like GC could be done selecting players with the plethora of picks before pick 30. Late picks could used for rookie upgrades etc.

Tom is worth around the 5-10 pick mark IMO. So hopefully the trade of the later picks pushes the total draft points towards that.

If we get around the 9-10 pick in points, then i am happy. Will be hard to see Mitchell at a different club but such is. we traded a player who wanted out, to his preferred club and got a fair deal in compo. Hawks, in turn, got someone they needed. good deal for both clubs.

no surprise really as Hawks and Swans are 2 of the best trading clubs in the AFL and it is great that we got this over and done with.
your rational posting has no place here

I am stoked to get a 23 yo that's played 65 games, hopefully another 200 games in front of him, he is quality that will fill a role that we need with some retirements on the horizon.

The Swans they won't miss Mitchell (like say Carlton with Gibbs) given the midfield talent they already have and will only get better with more time spent by Heeney and Mills.

Can see some good midfield battles between our teams over the next couple years. I can see what Clarcko/Wrighty have been doing in last year's draft and this year! Lookout for our midfield of Lewis, Sheils, Mitchell, Burton (his poise is something special with size comparable to Cripps/Bont/Fyfe), Lovell (will be a ball magnet!), hopefully JOM and Smith and with another 5 that can pinch hit!

We are transitioning well and going nowhere!

Unsure what the hurry was. Can see the second round upgrade involve hill compo
Because Sydney are smart and one of the best trading clubs- they got in early for a player they couldn't afford to pay full value and who had nominated and got the certain pick while it was available.

Yeah you're right. All those 4th round pick swaps really change the deals significantly.
North received Anderson, 38 and 40 for 15 and 55.

Anderson not coming on has made the deal seem a lot worse than it did at the time

It says later picks, so surely not hill because thats early….
It's later than #14!

Hopefully #14 and #53 for Mitchell and #56
Then why wouldn't the trade have happened now? If the later picks only involves picks that Hawthorn and Sydney currently have, then they would complete the deal now. The fact they're waiting implies Hawthorn doesn't yet have one of the picks required. The only pick of any significance we're aware of is the Hill/Mayne pick. Its not a certainty that is involved, but its a reasonable bet.

What does that leave the Hawks with for the JOM trade ?
Their 2017 1st rounder, their 2016 2nd rounder, players, and if the speculation in this thread is on the money, Sydney's 2nd rounder. Plenty of components to work with.

Back