Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha what.

I'm just speculating on what the trade will look like.
The Hawks will easily win this trade. Mitchell is a gun young player.

I value Titch more then 14 and late swaps (can't see 2nd round swaps happening).

Though Swans always trade fast, trade easy, and regardless of in or out we get deals done.

Considering we have no Salary cap to talk him into staying/the O'Meara trade I think we wanted to make sure we got something.

Well done Hawks.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they are waiting on the Mayne Compo that will be 23 at very best, GC's head honcho has already said they expect no less than 2 x 1st rounders

Now we know that is hot air but pick 23 is nowhere near enough for JOM, expect a decent player to go with #23

Considering Clarko has been asking everyone who wants to leave and only Mitchel agreed, I wonder how this will pan out
Based on what happened at the Swans when we got Buddy, it will damage the culture of the family club.
Broken family club doesn't have the same ring to it.

Because Sydney are smart and one of the best trading clubs- they got in early for a player they couldn't afford to pay full value and who had nominated and got the certain pick while it was available.

Doesnt make sense.

With the amount of time left to trade the smarter move would have been to wait for hawks to line everything up and then come to us for discussions. Not a power play, but more so seeing what is on the table before blond leap in

If they are waiting on the Mayne Compo that will be 23 at very best, GC's head honcho has already said they expect no less than 2 x 1st rounders

Now we know that is hot air but pick 23 is nowhere near enough for JOM, expect a decent player to go with #23

Considering Clarko has been asking everyone who wants to leave and only Mitchel agreed, I wonder how this will pan out

If Mitchell is worth 14 plus some pick swaps then it does set the price for O'Meara to some extent. Id think Mayne compo + 2017 1st round pick would be the best they'll do.

Doesnt make sense.

With the amount of time left to trade the smarter move would have been to wait for hawks to line everything up and then come to us for discussions. Not a power play, but more so seeing what is on the table before blond leap in

The smarter move would be to get the 2017 1st round pick instead of pick 14. Likely to be a earlier pick and could be a good trade chip this time next year.

If Mitchell is worth 14 plus some pick swaps then it does set the price for O'Meara to some extent. Id think Mayne compo + 2017 1st round pick would be the best they'll do.

Unfortunately doesnt work like that. Otherwise based on compo and previous trade periods, Mitchell would be worth more.

The smarter move would be to get the 2017 1st round pick instead of pick 14. Likely to be a earlier pick and could be a good trade chip this time next year.

Off the table for JOM i would expect. Will be interesting to see what player will go GC way.

Doesnt make sense.

The problem is, if the Hawks used their 2 first rounders on JOM, they would have nothing to trade us as our Salary cap is bursting.

And unlike ROK, we don't have the salary Cap space to re-contract him. so we got what we could.

That's how I read the play.

The problem is, if the Hawks used their 2 first rounders on JOM, they would have nothing to trade us as our Salary cap is bursting.

And unlike ROK, we don't have the salary Cap space to re-contract him. so we got what we could.

That's how I read the play.

True.

There would ne more than 1 potential suitor. Even at 2 year nominated terms in PSD, you would expect someone to match putting the onus on Hawks to come up with an offer

Unfortunately doesnt work like that. Otherwise based on compo and previous trade periods, Mitchell would be worth more.

Apparently he's worth pick 14 plus whatever swaps end up being agreed.

Off the table for JOM i would expect. Will be interesting to see what player will go GC way.

Puopolo would be favourite right now. There may be interest in McEvoy but he wouldnt a centrepiece player.

True.

There would ne more than 1 potential suitor. Even at 2 year nominated terms in PSD, you would expect someone to match putting the onus on Hawks to come up with an offer
Essendon made a play for Riewaldt so you would expect them to have cash not to mention who are Brisbane paying etc.....

Only way we could have done better is if the Hawks used their currency on JOM and Titch agreed to be traded to Carlton for example to replace Gibbs.

A lot of what ifs.

We have been screwed but more by list management other then anything.

I can live with this, if we loose Heeney I don't think I could watch AFL again. Let's re-sign him now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For clubs like Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney:

Developing your list and working on the game plan from the first day of pre season training > winning trades

Is this post sarcastic

I highly doubt Ameet and co would have done anything to extract revenge. The Trade****** is full of it. Certainly doesn't do himself any credit when he blocks ppl for questioning his #whispers. #whataflog.

Anyway good get. Played a damn good finals series, and your merch dept. hardly have to change anything
Only as long as he gets number five.

Doesnt make sense.

You can wait as long as you like but it's pointless if the pick is gone.

The one that went into liquidation because it couldn't make a profit competing against equivalent NRL venues. As I said, it seems a bit rich to try to take the moral high ground on pokie revenue given the club has been involved in venues itself, and may well still have been, had they turned a profit for them. Note, I'd prefer my own club was also out of the Pokie business, but given this doesn't seem to have been a moral choice by Sydney, but rather a co-incidence of a business failure, boasting about it in your signature seems unwarranted.

Went into liquidation because the roof fell in and they couldn't locate a suitable premises and got screwed by the landlord. They made the call to voluntarily wind up the business and get out entirely rather than flog a dead horse and potentially become a drain on the club. Smart business move.

Went into liquidation because the roof fell in and they couldn't locate a suitable premises and got screwed by the landlord. They made the call to voluntarily wind up the business and get out entirely rather than flog a dead horse and potentially become a drain on the club. Smart business move.

The stuff I read in the media at the time suggested the place simply wasn't profitable to start with, but yes, getting out did sound like a good business move. My point was that this is exactly what it was, rather than a moral high ground attempt to avoid pokie venues because they are evil, so personally I wouldn't be so quick to base my signature around a 'we are not involved in pokies' theme when the truth is "our pokie involvement failed'. Good on Sydney for not getting back into them though. I wish my own club made a stronger stance in this area (while at the same time , hypocritically enjoying the financial stability it has brought the club).

Stoked to get him, will be our number one midfielder next year.

That's the really perplexing thing abut hawthorn going so hard for Mitchell. He's great at getting the ball but Jesus he turns it over. For a cob that prides itself on disposal, this goes right against the grain. Richmond I could see him at though

Back