Traded Lynden Dunn [traded to Collingwood with pick 51 for pick 47]

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think that if Dunn agreed to go to the Lions, there would be an agreement struck between the two clubs early in Trade week but the actual pick/s won't be finalised until later in the trade period.
We've had the following suggestions, which are all around the mark:-
- Dunn & 62 for 56
- Dunn & 62 for 47
- Dunn for 56
However, both clubs may be involved in other trades where a pick/s could be used to facilitate this trade.

You would think that if Dunn agreed to go to the Lions, there would be an agreement struck between the two clubs early in Trade week but the actual pick/s won't be finalised until later in the trade period.
We've had the following suggestions, which are all around the mark:-
- Dunn & 62 for 56
- Dunn & 62 for 47
- Dunn for 56
However, both clubs may be involved in other trades where a pick/s could be used to facilitate this trade.

Dunny is a quality club person, I'm sure we will do the right thing by him if he elects to continue his career at the Lions. Personally think a fresh start could be exactly what he needs ... wish him all the best whatever he elects to do. Sad to see him go and it will be tough watching him play against us ... but such is life.

Jay Clarke article says all that needs to be said really can't think him ever getting anything right
He's pretty reliable on Dees news

As a salary cap dump, as a not required player for Melbourne, this is a pick swap in the fourth or fifth round. Maybe even an upgrade of picks in the Lions favor.
Dunn has been a great servant of the Dees but isn't best 22 and won't get another game at afl level. Best outcome is to remove his salary from the cap and ship him to the Lions. Maybe even send a pack of chips with him.

So we give Brisbane Dunn and downgrade our pick, to relieve about 100k net in salary cap space. Rightio, mate. Seek help.

Big whispers that he's off to Collingwood for a year or two to cover their outgoing KPDs.

As much as I'll want to munt seeing him on the bad side in June, what's going to get it done?

44 would be pretty close, perhaps whatever Brisbane gives them for Frost, or a pick swap with 57 if we get it as part of the Lewis deal.

Big whispers that he's off to Collingwood for a year or two to cover their outgoing KPDs.

As much as I'll want to munt seeing him on the bad side in June, what's going to get it done?

44 would be pretty close, perhaps whatever Brisbane gives them for Frost, or a pick swap with 57 if we get it as part of the Lewis deal.
1. We dont have pick 44
2. We won't give pick 44 for an out of favour KPD who is 29 and still isn't best 22 of a club not in top 8.
3. There are cheaper alternatives-M Brown/Aiden Corr who are younger and represent more potential.

Won't be at Melbourne in 2017. Before trade period I'd say he was headed to the Lions as a stop gap KPD which could still happen.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Collingwood show interest either after losing Frost, Brown and likely Marsh. Depth option there

Doubt we even get the frost pick for him, 4th rounder which we actually may use!

1. We dont have pick 44
2. We won't give pick 44 for an out of favour KPD who is 29 and still isn't best 22 of a club not in top 8.
3. There are cheaper alternatives-M Brown/Aiden Corr who are younger and represent more potential.

1. Agree.
2. Agree.
3. I don't think Corr will be a cheaper option given he's also still under contract while being younger and represents more potential. Mitch Brown will be a decent fill-in though. Silvagni might be an option as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is!

If we can package him up with next year's 2nd rounder for a mid 20's pick this year I'd be ecstatic. Then trade 29/30 whatever it is to Essendon for Hibberd.
If we can package him up with next year's 2nd rounder for a mid 20's pick this year I'd be ecstatic. Then trade 29/30 whatever it is to Essendon for Hibberd.
No more that a swap of sixth round picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back