Traded Lynden Dunn [traded to Collingwood with pick 51 for pick 47]

Remove this Banner Ad

Flea_29

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/765ff2c55dcfa41d652747847d6d87cc

Just reported by Jay Clark, that the lions have expressed interest in the Dees' defender.

Could be a very good addition - adds grunt and experience.
As he has a year still to run on his contract (reported in article) the Lions will need to come up with a pick for him. Can't see Melbourne wanting/getting more than our later picks 56/74.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r/news-story/765ff2c55dcfa41d652747847d6d87cc

Just reported by Jay Clark, that the lions have expressed interest in the Dees' defender.

Could be a very good addition - adds grunt and experience.
As he has a year still to run on his contract (reported in article) the Lions will need to come up with a pick for him. Can't see Melbourne wanting/getting more than our later picks 56/74.

Dunn would be a great addition for the Lions - or any club needing a gorilla tamer KPD. He still absolutely dominates VFL every week but struggled to adapt to our zone defence, hence only playing a few senior games this year.

Third rounder sounds about right, or a pick upgrade.

Reckon that's a tad unders - would rather keep him as depth than tha. Reckon a third rounder is fair or at worst, a third round pick upgrade.
Don't know, Dunn will be 30 years old next year and is already not in our best 22, he really has no value to us and after being a long servant to the club move him to where he wants to go and if thats Brisbane that deal should do imo

Don't know, Dunn will be 30 years old next year and is already not in our best 22, he really has no value to us and after being a long servant to the club move him to where he wants to go and if thats Brisbane that deal should do imo

Agree to a point, but he's still worth more than a six pick upgrade in the fourth round.

Agree to a point, but he's still worth more than a six pick upgrade in the fourth round.

It's a tough one, especially for a player that has been a loyal servant and 6 pick upgrade is a bit unfair.
I'd say if he did come on board, that it will be more than a 6 pick upgrade.
But like most trades, it comes down to whether Melb need/want Dunn for 2017 and/or whether his contract opens up opportunities to attract other players.
If we're after experience, Grimes might be added to the equation???

It's a tough one, especially for a player that has been a loyal servant and 6 pick upgrade is a bit unfair.
I'd say if he did come on board, that it will be more than a 6 pick upgrade.
But like most trades, it comes down to whether Melb need/want Dunn for 2017 and/or whether his contract opens up opportunities to attract other players.
If we're after experience, Grimes might be added to the equation???

Grimes is a FA, so you can grab him for free. FWIW, I think Grimes would also be a great addition for a side like the Lions as he kills it at VFL level and didn't disgrace himself at senior level this year.

Most Demons would be OK with seeing Dunn leave for greater opportunity, but he's contracted.... I think we'd let him go on the cheap but not six-pick fourth round upgrade cheap.

At most a strait swap for a fourth. He's certainly not worth a third imo. I reckon Brisbane would want to keep a late pick which is why i suggested the upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 47 would be nice but we'd more likely get pick 56.
He's got something to offer. Thought he was stiff not to be getting games this year. But we went with youth and it paid off by end of year. Has played well in VFL.

Grimes is a FA, so you can grab him for free. FWIW, I think Grimes would also be a great addition for a side like the Lions as he kills it at VFL level and didn't disgrace himself at senior level this year.

Most Demons would be OK with seeing Dunn leave for greater opportunity, but he's contracted.... I think we'd let him go on the cheap but not six-pick fourth round upgrade cheap.

At most a strait swap for a fourth. He's certainly not worth a third imo. I reckon Brisbane would want to keep a late pick which is why i suggested the upgrade.

I'd be fine with making it pick 47 if we get 62 back. realistically pick 62 for us is actually worth the same as pick 47 for non academy teams. Given we'll probably want to match a later pick for Allison and/or Watson pick 62 matches the equivalent of pick 47 for us so if we're not expecting a bid for Allison or Watson before that then that downgrade would still leave us in a good position.

Capable footballer who would be an OK fit at Brisbane. Would certainly provide them with some much needed on-field leadership.

Has served the Demons well but clearly he's no longer in their future plans. I'd imagine they'd let him go without a fuss if he wanted to continue his career elsewhere. 4th round pick would probably do it.

think the dees will let him go cheap if he wants out was there through the s**t years etc
This. He'll play three straight seasons at the Lions, if he goes. If Brisbane can land a pick between 30-40, I'd say Dunn and our fourth for that pick would be very straight forward.

Don't think Grimes would be a good pick up for Brisbane though. Would it in better somewhere that his brainfades aren't as deflating, because he's still pretty good otherwise.

As a salary cap dump, as a not required player for Melbourne, this is a pick swap in the fourth or fifth round. Maybe even an upgrade of picks in the Lions favor.
Dunn has been a great servant of the Dees but isn't best 22 and won't get another game at afl level. Best outcome is to remove his salary from the cap and ship him to the Lions. Maybe even send a pack of chips with him.

Dunn is really a much improved player after playing under Roos, we have younger and faster options that Goodwin wanted more game time so he missed out this year. But he can still play at AFL level and would come pretty cheaply, a later round upgrade will probably do it.

Would be a good move for Brisbane to add some experience down back

As a salary cap dump, as a not required player for Melbourne, this is a pick swap in the fourth or fifth round. Maybe even an upgrade of picks in the Lions favor.
Dunn has been a great servant of the Dees but isn't best 22 and won't get another game at afl level. Best outcome is to remove his salary from the cap and ship him to the Lions. Maybe even send a pack of chips with him.

Dunn would play at Brisbane. Your club is recruiting Travis Cloke, he might play too.

Dunn would play at Brisbane. Your club is recruiting Travis Cloke, he might play too.

Cloke will play but doesn't mean he is worth much as a trade target. Similar situation, salary cap dump. Both older players being paid more than current output.
Both were paid big bucks to be retained and in hindsight should have been traded.

Cloke will play but doesn't mean he is worth much as a trade target. Similar situation, salary cap dump. Both older players being paid more than current output.
Both were paid big bucks to be retained and in hindsight should have been traded.

MFC doesn't have salary cap issues in 2017.

Dunn is not on 'big bucks'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back