Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Mr MM backed Heartbreak City.........beaten by a bee's you-know-what!!

It's heartbreak hotel here..

....????????.........[SFX: The sound of light bulb illuminating]..........endophallus !!!!!!!

Some pretty cool artwork:

140f5c8b51d1fed1a1e10e82f538b425.jpg

Grange Wallis has done one for all clubs.

template

I wonder if his knees will hold up for him.
Good luck Westy.

Local Footy
GFL 2017: Leopold signs former Geelong ruckman Trent West for 2017
333d3d95f1f85af557dc29fb993c9f0d

LACHIE YOUNG, Geelong Advertiser
November 5, 2016 5:53am
REIGNING premier Leopold has signed former Geelong premiership ruckman Trent West for the 2017 season.

West played 54 games for the Cats between 2008 and 2013 before moving to the Brisbane Lions, where he took his career tally to 70.

He suffered a knee injury and underwent a reconstruction in 2014 and announced his retirement in August this year.

Leopold president Brendan Thompson said the club was thrilled to acquire the services of the 198cm ruckman, whose wife Libby has strong connections to the club.

“We are excited as a club to not only have Trent at our club but to have Libby and the family back as well,” Thompson said.

After being drafted in 2005, West was part of the club’s 2007 VFL premiership, but will be remembered as a member of Geelong’s 2011 premiership win over Collingwood.

Home sweet home.

..and for those thinking Sydney is a nightmare for driving, Melbourne is now on a par!

We had a far easier run through Sydney than coming off the Hume into suburbia to get to the EastLink.

All freeways should link up with each other. You reading this Dan???

Victoria once prided itself on our major roads, in and out of the city/state.......not anymore, NSW has got us covered. The roadworks going on and what has already been done and the rest areas are far superior.

Had a lovely time on the GC, gorgeous weather as usual. Sad to leave, but it does feel good walking through the front door of home.

Not sure exactly which suburbs of Sydney, we just followed the freeways and road signs. The road signs even seemed better, less confusing.

Have to admit, coming home that way was a bit of a mess due to roadworks....but it will be brilliant when finished. Our Chairman Dan loves spending millions and millions on major projects that get cancelled, then spends more on ones that are basically irrelevant.

We also saw the very beginning of those fires too. Mr MM spotted a tiny bit of smoke in the distance, commented that looks like something burning just over there. That bit of smoke ended up a full blown emergency.....hope they are under control now though.

Lions ambassador Buffering has retired and taken up residence at living legends. Hopefully he gets a TV in his paddock for Lions games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will make it my business to go and say hello to him. We love it there, have been several times. Such a lovely tranquil spot, with the bonus of being among all our favorite horses..

Will make it my business to go and say hello to him. We love it there, have been several times. Such a lovely tranquil spot, with the bonus of being among all our favorite horses..
Possibly my 3 faves are there him Zipping and Apache Cat

Apache Cat, Might and Power and now Buffering.....the Cleaner is there atm too.

The cleaner is my favourite too - I'd be stuffed if she didn't make her weekly trip to my place! :)

I'm the one who has just retired, he's been retired for years......and unfortunately for me, he has a debilitating disease, he's allergic to housework or shopping;):p
I've heard more beer can help, you know, if you're into those alternative therapies

Which bit of Sydney did you go through? I've just moved to the inner city area and it is an unfailing nightmare on the roads. Luckily the trains are a wonder.

Not sure exactly which suburbs of Sydney, we just followed the freeways and road signs. The road signs even seemed better, less confusing.

You can bypass Sydney just about completely by going the motorways - come up the Hume, M7, M2 and then along about 12 km of suburban roads to the F1 out of Sydney. Outside of peak hour all but the last section is great but there's a tunnel due to open for that in 2019.

Having tried to bypass Melbourne, the ring road seems the closest equivalent but last time we did that there was some crawling at times.

I think there's a fair bit of difference between bypassing and driving in the inner city in both cases though. I'd rather drive in the inner city of Melbourne by a fair margin (fewer choke points, less traffic because of the trams and the compact nature of the actual CBD) though that might change once Sydney's light rail is done.

If the light rail extends to the regions between each of the main Inner West precincts, I will be a very happy chappy. I don't think that is in the plans just yet though.

Not on the cards AFAIK, though there's obviously already some in place plus the heavy rail.

The main benefit I see is taking a bunch of buses and cars off the road by improving movement along the north-south axis of Sydney's CBD. Because it's basically on a peninsula and hemmed in by green space Sydney has ended up with a very long but narrow CBD compared to Melbourne, so it's a lot less pedestrian friendly. The light rail will improve that, especially if they make it free if you stay in the CBD (I can dream).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back