List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of brothers playing together in the same team.
Maybe the AFL should introduce a rule that if a younger brother doesnt get drafted by a team then if he has another brother on an AFL list they could add them as a Cat B rookie.
We could have Tyson and Curtlys brother as Cat Bs and be able to put some strong development into them.

That article has taken Jakes words a little too far especially the headline.

He said he's happy here, he hasn't said he's ready to re-commit like the headline says.
Cmon EC, put down the fire-hose and enjoy the good news. You know that an article like this doesn't just appear on AFL.com.au right? It goes through a few sets of hands before getting signed off, including the Crows. Why not take it as a good sign ... at least he didn't say he was happy here but would wait till the end of the year to make a decision !!!

He said he's happy here, he hasn't said he's ready to re-commit like the headline says.

Yeah, I don't really care until a pen has been put to paper. Dangerfield was happy here right up until he left, too.

Cmon EC, put down the fire-hose and enjoy the good news. You know that an article like this doesn't just appear on AFL.com.au right? It goes through a few sets of hands before getting signed off, including the Crows. Why not take it as a good sign ... at least he didn't say he was happy here but would wait till the end of the year to make a decision !!!
What he said is positive but he has not said he's ready to re-commit, thats what I am saying. Do I think he will stay? Yes.

And do you know where that article stemmed from? Its a rehash of an article that appeared in the Advertiser a few days ago headlined "Defender Jake Lever feels right at home at Adelaide Crows". Amazing what a changed headline can do.

Does my head in how someone that young has a girlfriend! wish young lads of today were more like Tex and Bernie were at that age.. you, single and free.
Hate the whole "his gf wants to go home for family reason" grrrr!
In saying that he will defiantly stay at the crows until he is up for FA.

What he said is positive but he has not said he's ready to re-commit, thats what I am saying. Do I think he will stay? Yes.

And do you know where that article stemmed from? Its a rehash of an article that appeared in the Advertiser a few days ago headlined "Defender Jake Lever feels right at home at Adelaide Crows". Amazing what a changed headline can do.
Always searching for the negative is not a good state of mind though EC. I think what he said is an indicator that he will be looking to commit to the Crows, all you see is the fact he hasn't signed and the headline is bulldust.

We all know that what is reported in the media is not the truth - but like you I can see Lever being a central part of our push in the next few years, so any small indication that Lever is looking to recommit gets a tick from me.

Yep. As soon as I finished reading it I thought "Next minute, 5 year deal at Hawthorn."

Always searching for the negative is not a good state of mind though EC. I think what he said is an indicator that he will be looking to commit to the Crows, all you see is the fact he hasn't signed and the headline is bulldust.

We all know that what is reported in the media is not the truth - but like you I can see Lever being a central part of our push in the next few years, so any small indication that Lever is looking to recommit gets a tick from me.
How have I searched for the negative? Nothing I said was negative, Ive even said what he said was positive, so dont be a twat. I merely pointed out that no where in either article does he say hes ready to recommit like the headline states.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, the same fluff pieces came out about Danger and that too.

I don't think he'll leave, but we'll definitely have to come forward with a healthy offer to get him to recommit I think. That might be tricky with how Reid seems to negotiate and will take plenty of time (start at the basement and work your way up).

N

I don't think he'll leave, but we'll definitely have to come forward with a healthy offer to get him to recommit I think. That might be tricky with how Reid seems to negotiate and will take plenty of time (start at the basement and work your way up).
Not once was his contract every mention his manager and the club will work that out I'm sure, but if the offer isn't a good one we will all wait with baited breath. But rumors are he loves Adelaide and the club. Fact.

N

Not once was his contract every mention his manager and the club will work that out I'm sure, but if the offer isn't a good one we will all wait with baited breath. But rumors are he loves Adelaide and the club. Fact.
it's nothing against Jake, I think we all believe him but you have to understand we're a bit thrice bitten twice shy around here unfortunately

No manager worth his salt would let his player say he is happy and wants to sign up, especially one as talented as Jake and a new CBA around the corner.

To be fair, the puff pieces about Danger re-signing in 2010-2011 were right.

Every player has a price. Jake's for mine would be a top 3 pick + another first rounder.

Barring injury, he will play 250+ and be considered with Weitering as the best backman of his generation.

Were it not for his injury he would have gone top 3, so that's the baseline + draftees always have doubt attached - even picks 1,2,3. There's no doubt with Jake. And for that, you pay big - another first rounder - and I'd want top 10.

That said. He ain't going, and we would be very silly to even entertain any offers.

Future captain

Every player has a price. Jake's for mine would be a top 3 pick + another first rounder.

Barring injury, he will play 250+ and be considered with Weitering as the best backman of his generation.

Were it not for his injury he would have gone top 3, so that's the baseline + draftees always have doubt attached - even picks 1,2,3. There's no doubt with Jake. And for that, you pay big - another first rounder - and I'd want top 10.

That said. He ain't going, and we would be very silly to even entertain any offers.

Future captain
We gave up the best player in the comp for a mid first and mid second. As if we could get more than that for Lever.

Didn't does not mean couldn't.

It was an option they could take, likely an option that would require them not trading for Henderson, Smith or taking Selwood, but it was an option to them.

What would you choose, Dangerfield or Henderson & Smith?

Obviously you would choose Dangerfield.

It's irrelevant, you're backtracking, the answer is no regardless. We have the right of final offer, outbidding power is ours and ours alone. And that's ignoring that Geelong couldn't let it be known that Danger's $1.2m was blowing their highly publicised salary parity system.

It's irrelevant, you're backtracking, the answer is no regardless. We have the right of final offer, outbidding power is ours and ours alone. And that's ignoring that Geelong couldn't let it be known that Danger's $1.2m was blowing their highly publicised salary parity system.

who needs facts when you have opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back