List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lever is establishing himself as one of the best young defenders in the AFL. He reads the play well, winning seven intercept possessions per game last season - the equal ninth-most of anyone in the AFL. Lever is impressive all around the ground, rating above average for AFL Player Rating points, disposals, meters gained and rebound 50s, while ranking inside the top-five key defenders for score involvements and score launches per game. After 35 games, he is well ahead of where Alex Rance was at this stage of his career."

Lever Talia

Disposals 15.8 15.6
Kicks 10.3 8.7
Handballs 5.4 6.9
Kick:Handball Ratio 1.91 1.25
Meters Gained 246 204
Retention Rate % 74.6 78.6
Rebound 50s 2.8 2.8
Contested Possessions 5.6 5.5
Uncontested Possessions 10.1 10.0
Contested Possession Rate % 35.6 35.6
Ground Ball Gets 4.1 3.7
Marks 5.2 6.0
Intercept Marks 2.5 2.3
Intercept Possessions 7.3 7.4
Score Launches 1.8 1.7
Score Involvements 3.6 3.5
Spoils 4.6 8.3
Spoil Percentage 69.4 64.0
1 on 1 Loss Percentage 25.4 23.2
Turnovers 1.0 1.9

More potential than performance? If you aren't gonna give him a huge contract offer, someone will. He's 4 years younger than Talia and already comparable to him in every measurable metric except for one on one loss percentage, marks and spoils - and that will come in time. Will be way better than Talia at the end of his career. Would have him in my side any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Where's the quote from please?

Ok lets see, so
"Understand" = I'll just taking a guess
"No Guarantee" = see Understand

"Have made significant indicative offers" = Not breaking and AFL rules for contracted players because they are all Vic based clubs. Likely Adelaide Draft penalty end of trade period 2017 for not trading Lever for a 5th round pick.
AFL waiting for Adelaide to self report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you think his source was?

These 3 clubs have made indicative offers if he's up for a move

Someone's gotten a call from his agent

I have no doubt there are offers and Levers Manager is doing all he can to maximise the value for his client as all managers do.

I'd be surprised if there were only 3 clubs interested in Jake. But feeding information is a means to an end. It doesn't matter if he says 3 clubs or 5 really.

I have no doubt there are offers and Levers Manager is doing all he can to maximise the value for his client as all managers do.

I'd be surprised if there were only 3 clubs interested in Jake. But feeding information is a means to an end. It doesn't matter if he says 3 clubs or 5 really.

It matters for credibility with the player and his agent. No journo makes things up, they don't have to. They get fed info from all sorts of sources. An agent loses a valuable channel if tells mistruths. If those 3 have given numbers then I reckon that's it for now.

What's not clear is what they are angling for? Presumably going public means they want more from us

It matters for credibility with the player and his agent. No journo makes things up, they don't have to. They get fed info from all sorts of sources. An agent loses a valuable channel if tells mistruths. If those 3 have given numbers then I reckon that's it for now.

What's not clear is what they are angling for? Presumably going public means they want more from us

Yep as I said I do believe there is substance to Jake receiving offers. We all have avenues to spread information managers are no different.

He would be angling for as much $$ as he can get, I don't blame him for doing so. He knows his player would be in demand. As a player agent he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he wasn't trying to maximise contract $$.

There is a reality that other clubs see us as a feeder club. We lose too many A graders and as such our players are seen as getable. Only have the club to blame for this.
I think he is more likely to stay than go, unless we dont pony up with a proper contract. Didnt we bring his brother over this year?

There is a reality that other clubs see us as a feeder club. We lose too many A graders and as such our players are seen as getable. Only have the club to blame for this.
I think he is more likely to stay than go, unless we dont pony up with a proper contract. Didnt we bring his brother over this year?
Yes, he's playing/working for the club this year.

Some "journalists" regularly make stories up without any evidence. Ie. Pure speculation.

I like the "no guarantee he'll be leaving", what kind of statement is that?
There are no un-guarantees that he won't be not thinking about the possibility of not staying and or not leaving unless of course he changes his mind and decides not to not do what he first thought he would not consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back