List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the "get out clause" to the first tweet.

They coverer their bases in both tweets.

If he leaves = we told you so
If he stays = we told you so

Genius at work.

Unless everyone sees through it. Which we all do.

It matters for credibility with the player and his agent. No journo makes things up, they don't have to. They get fed info from all sorts of sources. An agent loses a valuable channel if tells mistruths. If those 3 have given numbers then I reckon that's it for now.

What's not clear is what they are angling for? Presumably going public means they want more from us

Really?

Who do you think his source was?

These 3 clubs have made indicative offers if he's up for a move

Someone's gotten a call from his agent

If I was a highly-rated AFL footballer that was coming out of contract soon and my agent WASN'T making those calls (regardless of whether I was actually planning to leave or not) then I'd probably fire the agent.

I love Lever, great player, but am I the only one who thinks (our history of losing players notwithstanding) we could afford to lose him?

we've got too many resources invested in backmen at the moment for my liking. The number one reason with a bullet why I'd still prefer re-signing him to trading him though is that I have no confidence in the club to negotiate a fair trade...

I know we would never do it in a million years, but imagine bringing in someone like Dusty as a free agent, getting value for Lever in a trade, then bundling that up with some of our own picks for a Treloar-like trade on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Lever, great player, but am I the only one who thinks (our history of losing players notwithstanding) we could afford to lose him?

we've got too many resources invested in backmen at the moment for my liking. The number one reason with a bullet why I'd still prefer re-signing him to trading him though is that I have no confidence in the club to negotiate a fair trade...

I know we would never do it in a million years, but imagine bringing in someone like Dusty as a free agent, getting value for Lever in a trade, then bundling that up with some of our own picks for a Treloar-like trade on top.
If he was going to leave, doing something like that would be an excellent way of making lemonade from lemons

Ummmm not for me. Having a great backline is essential ... I'd lock Lever in for a looong time.

Do you remember the interviews when he was drafted? He was delighted to come to us and that we had ignored his knee problems. There was a love-in between him and Walshie and all the talk was for a long-term career and leadership material with us.

We should be bending over backwards to keep him.
I would be very disillusioned (even though I've had practice) if he were to give us the finger and chase money in Melbourne at this very early stage of his career. I don't really expect this to happen.

...aaaaaaaand there's the problem with your idea
well yeah, thought I covered off the fact that it won't happen in this universe but perhaps somewhere else it could.

Do you remember the interviews when he was drafted? He was delighted to come to us and that we had ignored his knee problems. There was a love-in between him and Walshie and all the talk was for a long-term career and leadership material with us.

We should be bending over backwards to keep him.
I would be very disillusioned (even though I've had practice) if he were to give us the finger and chase money in Melbourne at this very early stage of his career. I don't really expect this to happen.
yeah, of course I do. I'm not suggesting we push him out the door by any means whatsoever, I'm just saying if he were to leave - which I'd have at about a 10-20% chance given his rhetoric so far - there would be potential to come out the other side with a stronger squad if the club could be canny about it.

Ummmm not for me. Having a great backline is essential ... I'd lock Lever in for a looong time.
see above.

also I think if the last 5 or 6 years has shown us anything you don't need Silvagni, Scarlett, Rutten and Ben Hart in your backline to win flags. We have a pretty strong pool down there. Lever might be the best of all of them but we shouldn't be completely reliant on him. Kelly is at least capable, Otten might have some tricks left and we haven't even seen Doedee yet.

would you swap Lever for Grundy? seeing as Collingwood are in the rumours (with any pick exchanges to balance it out).

see above.

also I think if the last 5 or 6 years has shown us anything you don't need Silvagni, Scarlett, Rutten and Ben Hart in your backline to win flags. We have a pretty strong pool down there. Lever might be the best of all of them but we shouldn't be completely reliant on him. Kelly is at least capable, Otten might have some tricks left and we haven't even seen Doedee yet.

would you swap Lever for Grundy? seeing as Collingwood are in the rumours (with any pick exchanges to balance it out).
Lever for Grundy ... do you think a ruckman delivers premierships now?

Lever for Grundy ... do you think a ruckman delivers premierships now?
I reckon Dean Cox went a long way to helping West Coast win their flag, as did their midfield which I believe is his point.

I'm not saying I'd do the Lever trade by the way.

You can never afford to lose a player as good as Lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back