Teams 2017 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 6.43.07 pm.png

Had Grundy, took him out and strengthened other positions. I'm still thinking of bringing Grundy back in but that means I'll have to weaken other lines by a significant amount and I'm not too keen on that. Otherwise, I'm liking my side so far. A few ex-GWS finding their way into my side.

top 10 most owned players

View attachment 337444

1. Fyfe is a given, former 120+ player for 570k. LOCK
4. Gawn. only top tier ruck that has no doubts over him IMO. LOCK
How many full seasons has Fyfe played in the 7 years since his debut?
How many full seasons has Gawn played in the 5 years since his debut?

Risky going with Sandi without any cover. I like it though. Not sure about Roo though. think he might get rested a few times

I wouldn't really think so for a few reasons, but when asked if Roo will be rested, Richo responded: "Yes, we will use Nick both forward and in the midfield. His versatility gives us great flexibility as a team. Good luck trying to get Nick to rest. He's as competitive a person as I've worked with, and simply wants to play."

How many full seasons has Fyfe played in the 7 years since his debut?
How many full seasons has Gawn played in the 5 years since his debut?
Fyfe - 22, 20 and 20 games in '13-'15. not sure what the problem is there...

Gawn, 1 and a half on the trot. enough for me. Other rucks have more doubts than Gawn (who in my mind has none)

Solid team. How do the byes look with your Pies players?
I'm just pretending the byes don't exist until the GC/Port one rolls around. I am confident that Shaz will be upgraded in defence but so I will only have the midfield to worry about. Pendles, Treloar and Hannebery all have the Round 11 bye so that might be an issue.
Risky going with Sandi without any cover. I like it though. Not sure about Roo though. think he might get rested a few times
My entire team is resting on Sandi. If I can get him to average 100 through at least six rounds, he'll be about $470k, where I could make a suitable upgrade to a Grundy/Mumford/Martin if needed. Any extra time on the field for him is a bonus.

5WJ3lEL.png

Trades that I have done

Tuohy, Logue <---> Hurtley, Thurlow (DEF)
Taranto <---> McCluggage (MID)
Fantasia, Brayshaw <---> Carlisle, Elliott (FWD)

Unproven over a period of time only 2 seasons there where he would end up being a top six defender. But, it's all opinion if you think he is going to average 95+ then he is a good selection for the price. I just can't go in with confidence that he will do that and I have too many other risks to take that deal that I believe are better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unproven over a period of time only 2 seasons there where he would end up being a top six defender. But, it's all opinion if you think he is going to average 95+ then he is a good selection for the price. I just can't go in with confidence that he will do that and I have too many other risks to take that deal that I believe are better.
top 15 easily with the other years. solid D7/M9

so no, not unproven. bloody more proven than anyone at the Dogs....

top 15 easily with the other years. solid D7/M9

so no, not unproven. bloody more proven than anyone at the Dogs....
Bit of a toss up between HH and MH, I am leaning toward Hartlett at the moment but JLT will be a big influence. MH didn't play in todays game, someone who has been out for that long you would think needs a few games before round one maybe fitness isn't quite there.

Bit of a toss up between HH and MH, I am leaning toward Hartlett at the moment but JLT will be a big influence. MH didn't play in todays game, someone who has been out for that long you would think needs a few games before round one maybe fitness isn't quite there.
Hammy setback for PigHibberd

Not sure how he is currently tracking

Hey guys, 17337th team I've thrown together. So many decisions to be made...

BACKS - Docherty, Adam's, Laird, sharenberg, hampton, hibberd BENCH - stewart, smith

MIDS - danger, treloar, JPK, rockliff, fyfe, Mmurphy, powell pepper, freeman. BENCH - barret, bolton, graham

RUCKS - Gawn, Ryder BENCH - strandica

FORWARDS - Dal, wingard, heeny, roughhead, knight, black BENCH - Picket, eddy

Appreciate the feedback n good luck!! Ill try n post more often on here, damn work gets in the way.

If I can get him to average 100 through at least six rounds, he'll be about $470k

6 rds at 100-odd would net you a price increase of around 110k, would have thought. Could be wrong.

By the round 13 bye it would look like this;View attachment 337858

Works out a little less for me (say 180k odd increase, maybe a bit more). What are you using for in season multiplier for the 3 rd avg? We might be using different factors.

Hey guys, 17337th team I've thrown together. So many decisions to be made...

BACKS - Docherty, Adam's, Laird, sharenberg, hampton, hibberd BENCH - stewart, smith

MIDS - danger, treloar, JPK, rockliff, fyfe, Mmurphy, powell pepper, freeman. BENCH - barret, bolton, graham

RUCKS - Gawn, Ryder BENCH - strandica

FORWARDS - Dal, wingard, heeny, roughhead, knight, black BENCH - Picket, eddy

Appreciate the feedback n good luck!! Ill try n post more often on here, damn work gets in the way.
Don't like Heeny He is seriously unproven;
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 8.35.09 pm.png
and it is almost impossible to predict what you will get from winged in 2017. If you really want some mid priced for options I would only take one of those. I believe roughy however is a far better pick then both of them, around 90k cheaper only needs to average 80-90 to make you 100k and is proven scorer. Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 8.49.23 pm.png

Don't like Heeny He is seriously unproven;
View attachment 337859
and it is almost impossible to predict what you will get from winged in 2017. If you really want some mid priced for options I would only take one of those. I believe roughy however is a far better pick then both of them, around 90k cheaper only needs to average 80-90 to make you 100k and is proven scorer.View attachment 337861
yep, we know Heeney is unproven... he is 20 years old FFS, people are picking him on the talk he will play more midfield.
Also, it is almost impossible to predict what ANY PLAYER WILL DO IN 2017!!!! Wingard played mid in the intra and was BOG. if he does that in JLT, absolute LOCK.

you like to harp on about unproven players...

yep, we know Heeney is unproven... he is 20 years old FFS, people are picking him on the talk he will play more midfield.
Also, it is almost impossible to predict what ANY PLAYER WILL DO IN 2017!!!! Wingard played mid in the intra and was BOG. if he does that in JLT, absolute LOCK.

you like to harp on about unproven players...
http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2017/01/19/supercoach-midpricers-a-conclusive-look-at-why-they-suck/
This article put me off them complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back