Teams 2017 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jock Reynolds is about as reliable as the Trade Whisperer on Twitter.

you make your own gut decisions, screw anyone else. and certainly dont form opinions based on what OTHER PEOPLE see...
That article is based on previous historical data. It's not based on opinion, it shows that they don't work! If I listened to other peoples advice I would have a carbon copy of his team, which, I don't.

How many full seasons has Fyfe played in the 7 years since his debut?
How many full seasons has Gawn played in the 5 years since his debut?
Fyfe - 22, 20 and 20 games in '13-'15. not sure what the problem is there...

Gawn, 1 and a half on the trot. enough for me. Other rucks have more doubts than Gawn (who in my mind has none)
The answer is Fyfe has played 0 full seasons out of 7, yes, none, nada, zip.

Fyfe has played 16, 21, 9, 19, 18, 18, 5 in his 7 seasons. No idea where you're getting your 22, 20, 20 from. You must be including finals, which are irrelevant.

Gawn has played 1 full season out of 5. This time last year people said they wouldn't go near him because he was injury prone.

alrighty lads, here is what Fear the Beard contains at this point in time.

DEFENCE
upload_2017-2-18_20-56-18.png

Laird: dont know why I'm picking him, just keep going back to him. should be good for a 95-100 average again and no more stupid injuries...
Pittard: HH played back last year and didnt affect my boy Jasper. another 90-95 ave coming up IMO, good enough for D5/D6
KK: Like him, dont know why. Think he will get back to his best this year, after illness and injury last year. 90+
Hampton: Seems the best of the 3 160k rookies at this point in time.
Vickers-Willis: seems logical replacement for Spud Firrito at North. 3rd year on the list. Seems time. not sure on scoring ability. 50-65 IMO
Newman: hearing good things about him out of Sydney. obviously all rookies are placeholders, but seems like he will play and play early. 60-70
Stewart: based on Friday Night, absolute lock for a defensive rookie. scored high 80s/low 90s? with poor KE%. VFL recruit, so knows the Geelong system well.
Smith: looked good today against the Dogs, is rookie listed, so needs to be upgraded.

MIDFIELD
upload_2017-2-18_21-1-25.png

Dangerfield: Brownlow Medalist, averaged 131 last year, not expecting those levels again this year, but didnt get out of 2nd gear against the Hawks and still scored 115+. LOCK
Pendlebury: as reliable as ever. scored less than 80 about 3 times since 2010 IIRC. his two scores under 100 to finish last season was the first time in about 6 years that has happened.
Kennedy: new captain, super reliable. like him as a pick, 115+
Merrett: bought in due to his performance on Friday. got 25 touches with a close to full Essendon midfield playing. Kid is a gun and future Brownlow Medalist IMO. 110-115
Treloar: Had him all pre season, ended last year like a house on fire, another of the GWS mids who left. Expect a changing of the guard at Pies in terms of SC scoring. 110-115
Fyfe: former Brownlow medalist and former 120+ player. all for 573k! LOCKITY LOCK!!! played 22, 20 and 20 games in 13-15 before 5 last year due to broken leg. expect another 20+ games this year. 110-118
Powell-Pepper: placeholder, but kid is a fking bull. Challenging Ollie Wines at training and almost bigger than him. and the kid is 19 YEARS OLD!!! 70+
Myers: 27 years old, one of the banned Bombers, if he gets a spot in the 22, expect him to score well.
Hibberd: Placeholder
Freeman: Placeholder
Bolton: Placeholder

RUCK
upload_2017-2-18_21-8-4.png

Gawn: Top ruck of 2016 and with all the doubts over the other rucks scoring ability or injury history, no reason why he cant do it again in 2017. 105-110
Ryder: Got him in rucks with the intent to swing him forward during his bye to get the best R2 on form. 90-100
Strnadica: best loophole option, Freo play 11 Sunday games this year and 0 Friday night.

FORWARDS
upload_2017-2-18_21-10-6.png

Riewoldt: Dream run at Etihad to start the season. Absolute legend of the St Kilda Football Club and still going strong. Only concerns are the 'resting' but not too fussed. Another year, another 100+ from Saint Nick.
Dahlhaus: Bought him in after today's game. just gets it done week after week. 95-100
Wingard: Played midfield in the intra. Got BOG. Expect more of the same in JLT and 2017. My smokey for top 3 fwd come seasons end. 95-105
Roughead: Is there a better story? Big Rough fights and beats cancer, named captain of Hawks, expect him to start a little slow, but a 95+ average coming up IMO. So reliable and flexible in how and where he plays.
Black: kicked 4 goals with Hawkins and Taylor in the side. Expect him to play similar to his 2013. 55-70
Long: Placeholder
Miles: Placeholder
Eddy: Rookied by Power, dont think we would have picked him if we werent going to play him. Dont expect anything spectacular from him. 55-65

and there it is, lads. 33,700 left over. All and any thoughts welcome

The answer is Fyfe has played 0 full seasons out of 7, yes, none, nada, zip.

Fyfe has played 16, 21, 9, 19, 18, 18, 5 in his 7 seasons. No idea where you're getting your 22, 20, 20 from. You must be including finals, which are irrelevant.

Gawn has played 1 full season out of 5. This time last year people said they wouldn't go near him because he was injury prone.
getting 22, 20 and 20 from his FULL SEASON (including finals)

This time last year, Gawn had played 6 games in a row, not 22...
not sure why you are trying to people off him, absolute gun. Less doubts than other rucks IMO and will be #1 again this year

getting 22, 20 and 20 from his FULL SEASON (including finals)

This time last year, Gawn had played 6 games in a row, not 22...
not sure why you are trying to people off him, absolute gun. Less doubts than other rucks IMO and will be #1 again this year
Finals don't count in SuperCoach. He has still missed at least 3 SC relevant games in all but one year where he missed 1. That's significant.

Not warning people off either, just playing Devils advocate to your absolute lock status for both. Especially Fyfe.

Finals don't count in SuperCoach. He has still missed at least 3-4 games in all but one SC year where he missed 1. That's significant.

Not warning people off either, just playing Devils advocate to your absolute lock status for both. Especially Fyfe.
you know with Fyfe that he will miss one here and there, thats what you get with him. It's when he missed 2 or 3 in a row, where it hurts. Backing him to play 20+ games this year.

Ill put it this way, Gawn is a lock over all the others rucks. Less doubts than the others and showed today that even if somehow beyond belief that Spencer ACTUALLY plays, it wont effect him. certainly wont get to the heights of 2016, but 105-110 is enough for a top ruck

Laird: dont know why I'm picking him, just keep going back to him. should be good for a 95-100 average again and no more stupid injuries...
Pittard: HH played back last year and didnt affect my boy Jasper. another 90-95 ave coming up IMO, good enough for D5/D6
KK: Like him, dont know why. Think he will get back to his best this year, after illness and injury last year. 90+
Vickers-Willis: seems logical replacement for Spud Firrito at North. 3rd year on the list. Seems time. not sure on scoring ability. 50-65 IMO
Newman: hearing good things about him out of Sydney. obviously all rookies are placeholders, but seems like he will play and play early. 60-70
Stewart: based on Friday Night, absolute lock for a defensive rookie. scored high 80s/low 90s? with poor KE%. VFL recruit, so knows the Geelong system well.
Smith: looked good today against the Dogs, is rookie listed, so needs to be upgraded.

Dangerfield: Brownlow Medalist, averaged 131 last year, not expecting those levels again this year, but didnt get out of 2nd gear against the Hawks and still scored 115+. LOCK
Pendlebury: as reliable as ever. scored less than 80 about 3 times since 2010 IIRC. his two scores under 100 to finish last season was the first time in about 6 years that has happened.
Merrett: bought in due to his performance on Friday. got 25 touches with a close to full Essendon midfield playing. Kid is a gun and future Brownlow Medalist IMO. 110-115
Treloar: Had him all pre season, ended last year like a house on fire, another of the GWS mids who left. Expect a changing of the guard at Pies in terms of SC scoring. 110-115
Fyfe: former Brownlow medalist and former 120+ player. all for 573k! LOCKITY LOCK!!! played 22, 20 and 20 games in 13-15 before 5 last year due to broken leg. expect another 20+ games this year. 110-118
Powell-Pepper: placeholder, but kid is a fking bull. Challenging Ollie Wines at training and almost bigger than him. and the kid is 19 YEARS OLD!!! 70+
Myers: 27 years old, one of the banned Bombers, if he gets a spot in the 22, expect him to score well.

Gawn: Top ruck of 2016 and with all the doubts over the other rucks scoring ability or injury history, no reason why he cant do it again in 2017. 105-110
Ryder: Got him in rucks with the intent to swing him forward during his bye to get the best R2 on form. 90-100
Strnadica: best loophole option, Freo play 11 Sunday games this year and 0 Friday night.

Riewoldt: Dream run at Etihad to start the season. Absolute legend of the St Kilda Football Club and still going strong. Only concerns are the 'resting' but not too fussed. Another year, another 100+ from Saint Nick.
Dahlhaus: Bought him in after today's game. just gets it done week after week. 95-100
Wingard: Played midfield in the intra. Got BOG. Expect more of the same in JLT and 2017. My smokey for top 3 fwd come seasons end. 95-105
Roughead: Is there a better story? Big Rough fights and beats cancer, named captain of Hawks, expect him to start a little slow, but a 95+ average coming up IMO. So reliable and flexible in how and where he plays.
Black: kicked 4 goals with Hawkins and Taylor in the side. Expect him to play similar to his 2013. 55-70
Eddy: Rookied by Power, dont think we would have picked him if we werent going to play him. Dont expect anything spectacular from him. 55-65

Your backline has me nervous

you know with Fyfe that he will miss one here and there, thats what you get with him. It's when he missed 2 or 3 in a row, where it hurts. Backing him to play 20+ games this year.

Ill put it this way, Gawn is a lock over all the others rucks. Less doubts than the others and showed today that even if somehow beyond belief that Spencer ACTUALLY plays, it wont effect him. certainly wont get to the heights of 2016, but 105-110 is enough for a top ruck
Fyfe has missed 3 or more games in 6 of his 7 years and hasn't played for almost a year. Risky IMO, but if he can buck history and stay on the park definitely worth it, but others appeal much more.

Agreed on Gawn, first selected for me, but he does have a bad history of injuries. Last year people were mocking me for selecting him straight up. How times change :cool:

Fyfe has missed 3 or more games in 6 of his 7 years and hasn't played for almost a year. Risky IMO, but if he can buck history and stay on the park definitely worth it, but others appeal much more.

Agreed on Gawn, first selected for me, but he does have a bad history of injuries. Last year people were mocking me for selecting him straight up. How times change :cool:
thats fine, not telling you to pick him or not pick him, just my opinion of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gawn first selected ahead of Pendles or Danger?

Jock Reynolds is about as reliable as the Trade Whisperer on Twitter.

you make your own gut decisions, screw anyone else. and certainly dont form opinions based on what OTHER PEOPLE see...

Best philosophy is to believe and have faith in yourself. In other words always with go for your gut decisions

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.29.11 pm.png
Current team at the moment: Last time Sandilands returned after a year off averaged 108, probably won't get there but hopefully will appreciate enough to be a stepping stone to grundy/Martin if he goes down with injury. If that doesn't happen Ryder goes into the ruck and a forward is upgraded using sandliands cash. Picked players that can average high with mid pricers all fallen premos from injury that have the best likely hood of returning to premo status. Didn't have enough cash for another promo in defence so using Hartlett as a stepping stone to another player if he can't average 95+ but if he can I see him as a keeper. Macrae is a bit contentious and may not make it in my team round one.

All feedback is welcome.

Gawn first selected ahead of Pendles or Danger?
:cool:

first
fəːst/
number
adjective: first
  1. 1.
    coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st.
    "his first wife"
    synonyms: earliest, initial, opening, introductory, original More
    "the first chapter of Genesis"
    fundamental, basic, rudimentary, primary, beginning, elemental, underlying, basal, foundation;
    key, cardinal, central, chief, vital, essential
    "the management decided to start from first principles"
    antonyms: last, closing, developer

Great write up mate, I'm not convinced on KK and would rather Hartlett but you've got Jasper up there as well. Would rather Jelwood instead of Merrett but he could be a nice POD. Chad is bloody tempting haha otherwise solid team.

Great write up mate, I'm not convinced on KK and would rather Hartlett but you've got Jasper up there as well. Would rather Jelwood instead of Merrett but he could be a nice POD. Chad is bloody tempting haha otherwise solid team.
just keep coming back to KK for the cheap 'fallen premo' option.
ill see how Jelwood goes in JLT before I make the call on that last midfielder. (currently between Zerrett/Jelwood/Gray/Titch)
Chad top 3 fwd and 100+ average. Lock

:cool:

first
fəːst/
number
adjective: first
  1. 1.
    coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st.
    "his first wife"
    synonyms: earliest, initial, opening, introductory, original More
    "the first chapter of Genesis"
    fundamental, basic, rudimentary, primary, beginning, elemental, underlying, basal, foundation;
    key, cardinal, central, chief, vital, essential
    "the management decided to start from first principles"
    antonyms: last, closing, developer

I bet that was worth it

My current lineup. Not sure how i feel about having Watson & O'Meara instead of a 5th premo. 4 mid pricers across my FWD and MIDs is more than I would usually have but I see each of them as finishing off the season as premos.

IMG_6426.jpg IMG_6427.jpg

just keep coming back to KK for the cheap 'fallen premo' option.
ill see how Jelwood goes in JLT before I make the call on that last midfielder. (currently between Zerrett/Jelwood/Gray/Titch)
Chad top 3 fwd and 100+ average. Lock

Which means port Adelaide contend for top 8 which I like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back